What do you call people from ....Game

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I-Kiribati eh?

A chap from Kiribati lived in the same building as me when I was doing my apprenticeship in London to become a Goldsmith, he was extremely polite and always used to chat to me when we bumped in to eachother in the hall or whatever. Nice bloke, I don't remember his name, but I remember his nationality

I've always heard Ingushetian on the news.

Well Ingush is more correct, Ingushetian is sometimes used, though really that's an adjective rather than a demonym.

Reactions: MickeyLee

A chap from Kiribati lived in the same building as me when I was doing my apprenticeship in London to become a Goldsmith, he was extremely polite and always used to chat to me when we bumped in to eachother in the hall or whatever. Nice bloke, I don't remember his name, but I remember his nationality.

Nobody knows anybody from Kiribati! How on earth does one end up in your building??

Did he worship Prince Philip?

Well Ingush is more correct, Ingushetian is sometimes used, though really that's an adjective rather than a demonym.

OK, sounds reasonable to me.

Have we done Botswana yet?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Nobody knows anybody from Kiribati! How on earth does one end up in your building??

Did he worship Prince Philip?

London is that kind of place :wink: I don't know if he worshiped Phil the Greek, he was extremely "english" not at all "traditional", I think he might have been duel nationality or of mixed parentage. I don't remember the details.

London is that kind of place :wink: I don't know if he worshiped Phil the Greek, he was extremely "english" not at all "traditional", I think he might have been duel nationality or of mixed parentage. I don't remember the details.

Uh huh. Very interesting!

Not to knock your present pics, but let's see some of your goldwork. Do you do the whole knotted thing or just contemporary styles? The Celts are really good with gold; nearly as good as the Scythians.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends....

If your parents were born in Vermont and you've lived there the vast majority of your life (allowances made for being born a little early in another place by mistake or going to college somewhere else) then you're a Vermonter.

If your parents weren't born in Vermont, and even if you were, then you're a flatlander.
Are some of these terms so regional that most of the people who move there don't even know what they are called. The Bronx comes to mind. I've asked 2 people I know who lived or live there and they couldn't tell me what they are called.

What do you call a flock of people from Illinois? How about a herd of people from Arkansas? One that really stumps me: what do you call a gaggle of people from Wyoming?

People from Illinois are called Illinoisans I believe.

Arkansas is Arkansan.

And Wyoming is Wyomingan pronounced Why-O-Man I think. I've never seen or heard it though.

what do you call douche bags in monster trucks from orange county?

:biggrin1: (this should be fun!)

Evangelical CalTrans workers.

Sugar prick driving a terrorist fundraiser on wheels.

What do you call someone from the provinces/territories of northern Canada? (besides crazy)

The Northwest Territories?

Nunavut? Nunavuter? Nuvutain? (my daughter was calls it None of It.)

The Yukon?

Northerwest Territorian?

I believe people from the Yukon are called Yukoners.

Have we done Botswana yet?

Botswanan or some name of the majority tribe, I think.

People from the Seychelles are called....

What about people from Easter Island, what did they call themselves?

Blockheads?:tongue:

I imagine they'd call themselves Chileans or Easter Islanders. I know they call the island Rapanui but don't know their endemic name. Rapanuians?