What do you collect?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's rather dorky but I collect fridge magnets, I started collecting them because the kids would bang the door into the fridge and it developed a dent which I covered with a fridge magnet. I used to collect netsuke but when I left my husband I practically went with just the clothes on my back and I never bothered asking for them. What do you collect - if you collect replicas of star trek swords for god's sake don't admit to it :)

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Old trade beads. I camp pre-1840 style like mountain men. I use the beads as part of my costume.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we collect pens, toys like stuff ones. You should see our home!!:eek: Toys everywhere!!! The bedroom. Down stairs... they seem to reproduce or something. I come home and their are more!! Or when he comes home, he see's more that I brought home!!:tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I pick things up.

I am a collector.

and things... well things... they tend to accumulate.

I have this net, it drags behind me, it picks up feelings for me to feed upon.

There are times, plenty of times, I wish I could let it go. but they start to breathe, and they start to grow inside me.

There are times, plenty of times
I wish I could let it go
But they start to make me think
things I don't want to know

I'm trying to fit it all inside
I'm trying to open my mouth wide
I'm trying not to choke and swallow it all

I am the plague
I am the swarm
All you hurt sticks on me
And I keep it warm
They make me stay
They won't let me leave
There are so God damned many of them
It gets hard to breathe
I'm trying to fit it all inside
I'm trying to open my mouth wide
I'm trying not to choke inside
I am a good boy and I will swallow it all

Every last one

Are You listening?

Yes I am building something bigger than the world

Something terrible with all of this

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to collect antique shot glasses and pigs. I stopped when I realized they were taking over my life. :tongue:

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to collect antique shot glasses and pigs. I stopped when I realized they were taking over my life. :tongue:

To be honest I collect collections (about 16). I love 70s stuff which is divided into plastics, ceramics and tvs/stereos. I also have more conventional collections, I love storage systems.

I have a small collection of psycho former boyfriends.

I have a great people collection.

Right now I'm really enjoying my collection of JS Bach recordings.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I collect ugly dolls and off looking stuffed animals. They are the things that were meant to be adorable but something went wrong in the execution or design or both.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Crystal decanters - blown into distinctive shapes but left smooth. I can't stand the ones with patterns cut into them, it ruins the prismatic effect.

Books - my apartment is starting to look like a mad professor's office.

Cat hair - not intentional. Everyday my cat gives me a fresh supply around the ankles to take with me on my travels. Bless her soul.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To be honest I collect collections (about 16). I love 70s stuff which is divided into plastics, ceramics and tvs/stereos. I also have more conventional collections, I love storage systems.

I have a small collection of psycho former boyfriends.

I have a great people collection.

Right now I'm really enjoying my collection of JS Bach recordings.
hypolimnas, have you heard Irena Grafenauer performing the Bach Flute Sonatas? Galway and Rampal should just pack it up and go home, Grafenauer's renditions are mesmerizing... stunning!

SP, I collect musical instruments. It's a slow-growing collection and no one ever gives me additions, because they are expensive... but I guess that's a good thing, they aren't taking over the universe.

My partner collects just about anything and everything else, especially anything to do with BdSm, hats, gadgets, widgets...

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Started off with ceramis dogs, big ones, lil bitty ones, slowed down on these when I topped 600+. then started on Unicorns, same thing happened. then I got hooked on swords n knives, currently have around 70 swords hanging on a bedroom wall and around 200 knives in glass cases scattered about.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nothing, at least nothing specific. I have regular clearouts of accumulated err...stuff which I'll skip or, if I can be bothered sell off on ebay.

I do have a growing (currently fills a shoebox) collection of notes and coins from countries I've visited. Though I don't think I'd characterise it a collection so much as an accumlation. Some of them are veritable works of monetary art, most notably the larger notes from Uruguay.

Oh yes, DVDs. I have hundreds, many many of which I have yet to watch.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a collection of books. (A lot of different books and magazines.)

I have a sheet of James Dean US Postal Stamps in wax envelope.

I have a collection of Beanie Babies and Two Billy dolls: The Sailor Billy and the Leather Billy.

I have a photo collection in my hard drive of guys that I think are attractive.

I have Kevin Trudeau's Mega Memory and Advanced Mega Memory courses.

I have a few good cookbooks. I got the knack for cooking from my Mom.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I like books, art, and music. I bought a beautiful cobalt glass piece years ago. A friend started giving me cobalt glass for Christmas every year. It got to the point I was overhelmed and stressed. So, I donated it to the local library. My fav thing is to collect happy memories.
When I travel, I don't buy regular souv's. If I buy anything for myself, I'll buy a photo, painting, sculpture, piece of pottery or a pair of underwear. At the last flea market I went too, I tried to buy a latex version of Earl's butt and they called the cops. haha :wink: