What Do You Do for a Living ? -The Sequel

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: There are enough newer dicks (and dick admirers) hanging out around here that I was going to dredge this thread up again, but thought it might be better to start anew.

Through our postings we have an oppportunity to learn something about the personalities behind the screen names, but it is interesting to learn what these folks do with their lives.

So, I'll go first. I'm an architect by profession and a musician for semi-serious fun.

I don't think that having a big dick has influenced my designs or my career, except that I have a certain amount of self confidence that has served me well that I think in part comes from knowing that I have more equipment than most .

At the same time I think my bisexuality HAS influenced my work. To be a good and creative problem solver, you have to be able to look at things differently from the majority of the population. I call it "being wired differently", but I don't tell folks just HOW differently.

Norse

2. Imported

Gold Member

belly4built: Well I'll go next. I'm kinda a newbie/semi-lurker here. Gay, and definitely part of the "admirer" crowd and prefer to let you big boys have the spotlight you deserve.

Me, I'm a professional geek for a Texas law firm. If it has a power cord it seems to fall under my job description. Even those antique devices called typewriters! Lord knows they were new technology at one time...

No complaints. Let's me buy my toys (no, not THAT kind of toy - the real thing is way better!). Also becomming more and more an enviornmentalist and now own two Hybrid cars. Don't think I can make any money at it but I'm sure spending a lot less than I did with my 4x4.

3. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: My turn!!

I'm a Southern California native and haven't left the sun and sandy beaches my whole life. (well except a one year stint in Las Vegas). One of the reasons I've never wanted to go far is my love of where I work. I'm a Stage Manager at "a major theme park in Southern California." It's a great job! I don't have to grow up too much and I get to be surrounded by the "Magic of Disney" all day long. I'm a big kid at heart.

Another plus of working there is all the hot dad's walking around the Park. You'd be surprised how many flirt with me when they see my package walking down the street. Sadly I can't flirt back too much. I have to be professional.

4. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

I'm a sound technician for a live music venue.

5. Imported

Gold Member

bigrrr: I'm a chef.....and a dam good one!

6. Imported

Gold Member

UncutStudent: I'm a Graphic Artist and I get to be creative 24/7 and I love it.

7. Imported

Gold Member

Duo187: Well, I am a student, going into the computer engineer and programming fields.

8. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

I've had three careers and wish I could have had another couple. I think it's sad that life limits us to such a few. I grew up in a newspaper business and after college worked there as editorial writer and jack-of-all-trades since it was a small newspaper.

After getting my Masters, I taught school for six years and then became a public school principal and private school headmaster for eight years, during which time I got 21 hours on an additional masters and half of my doctorate. Next, I became a public school superintendent and retired from that after 12 years.

For those whose attention I still have, for 9 years I have been on-site manager of the high-rise condominum where I live.

I've always thought how cool it would have been to be an acrobat or professional dancer, but in the small town where I grew up neither one of those would have been acceptable for the macho male persona. My cock size, being just a 'step' over average, never played a part in occupational selections..

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I was an exotic dancer. In fact, for over a year and a half, I was the highest paid exotic dancer in New Orleans. I'm not quite out of that business yet, but I'm soon to hang up my g-string for good to teach high school English and to work on my doctorate in English Literature.

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I was a young whippersnapper for many years but was forced into retirement by more youthful men.

Now I'm a professional old fart.

Pecker

Hey, kid! Pull my finger!

11. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Thanks so much for the 'low down' on your previous endeavors, Pecker, now tell us how the fuck you made a living. ???

12. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=RoysToy link=board=meetgreet;num=1078623114;start=0#10 date=03/07/04 at 15:03:03]Thanks so much for the 'low down' on your previous endeavors, Pecker, now tell us how the fuck you made a living. ???[/quote]

Okay, Luke, you asked for it.

Office clerk
    Industrial production worker
    Lab Technician
    Railroad clerk
    Coal mining heavy equipment inspector
    Coal miner (heavy equipment operator)
    Dollar Tree store manager
    Medical device quality supervisor
    Industrial production supervisor
    Industrial production manager

Come to think of it, it wasn't age that retired me. I just wore myself out! :D

13. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

[quote author=Pecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1078623114;start=0#11 date=03/07/04 at 15:13:18]

Okay, Luke, you asked for it.

. . . . . Come to think of it, it wasn't age that retired me.  I just wore myself out!   :D [/quote]
    And you tried to get by with a sarcastic post! Thanks for revealing what a 'well-rounded' individual we have among us, Pecker! I bet through it all you kept the likeable sense of humour we have come to enjoy on LPSG.

Luke

14. Imported

Gold Member

hungwildcard: myself, I'm studying screenwriting and direction.

15. Imported

Gold Member

dfox7.3x5: I am a manager at a seven-screen movie theater in a suburb. Most of our employees are high-school and college kids. They're an inspiration. Hard working, focused, attractive and personable. I have no worries about the kind of young people who will eventually run the country. :)

16. Imported

Gold Member

hungcuriousNC: I'm in biopharmaceuticals and manufacture vaccines for babies.

Pecker.... your career interests me.. my dad was a coal miner in VA and AL. Where did you work?

17. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: Hmmm, I'm a student reading Genetics and Microbiology.

18. Imported

Gold Member

AOX3: trial lawyer

19. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=hungcuriousNC link=board=meetgreet;num=1078623114;start=0#15 date=03/07/04 at 23:31:42]I'm in biopharmaceuticals and manufacture vaccines for babies.

Pecker.... your career interests me.. my dad was a coal miner in VA and AL. Where did you work?[/quote]

I entered underground portals in Virginia (Tazewell County) and West Virginia (McDowell County) for Conoco, back in the mid-1970's. My former father-in-law retired from the same mines after 42 years' service.

20. Imported

Gold Member

hungcuriousNC: I grew up very near there... we should chat sometime soon!

Draft saved Draft deleted