What do you do for a living?

Krueger: What do you do for work? Currently I don't have a job, but I'm gonna fill out and turn in a bunch of applications, hopefully today.

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Aug 10 2005, 09:10 AM
I'm retired, disabled, suffer from depression and yes, I can spend all my time here. :freak:
[post=334253]Quoted post[/post]​

Ditto Pecker, plus I have numerous other health issues. x( ;( :cry:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the past I was a pressman, a hobo, an accountant, a telephone interviewer, a boozer, an electrician, an Amtrak ticket seller, a book sorter, and a number of other things including several day jobs--and they really were day jobs often lasting only one day.
These days I am on disability and the kindness of Ray, along with the occasional days as an auto mechanic. It's almost a hobby but people do (for some unknown reason) pay me to fix their vehicles --well actually they pay this guy named Cubby who owns the place and he in turn pays me. The hours are flexible enough and due to physical matters it works well since I often lean against a vehicle or am laying on my back underneath it while working. Uh, could you raise that car a little higher please, my stomach is caught on the bumper. Try again now I'm attached to the axle. Ah, that's better.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Pappy+Aug 11 2005, 05:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pappy &#064; Aug 11 2005, 05:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Aug 10 2005, 09:10 AM
I&#39;m retired, disabled, suffer from depression and yes, I can spend all my time here. :freak:
[post=334253]Quoted post[/post]​

Ditto Pecker, plus I have numerous other health issues. x( ;( :cry:
[post=334436]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*hugs Pecker and Pappy against her boobs* I love you guys&#33;

I&#39;m on here all the time because I&#39;m an insomniac, what I wouldn&#39;t give for a week or so of decent sleep&#33;

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am educated, trained, and licensed to teach music, but most of my resume consists of clerical/administrative work. I&#39;m currently looking for work, but in this area, I&#39;m in the wrong demographic, with 3 strikes against me. I won&#39;t go back to teaching in the public schools, it&#39;s just way too much bullshit. It does not pay nearly enough to justify the workload, the continuing education, the licensing, and the work environment. In my last teaching job, my workday started at about 7 in the morning, and ended about 9 at night. In the classroom, I got to spend a total of about 1/3 to 1/2 of my time actually teaching, the rest was just bullshit, mostly maintaining discipline and order when not being allowed to maintain discipline. (you can&#39;t tell the poor little brats to be quiet, it will damage their self-esteem. You can&#39;t send them to the principal&#39;s office, that creates stigma.) When I got home at about 5 in the afternoon, I would have a quick dinner, and immediately get started on all the paperwork, finish up at around 9. Hard work for a starting salary of &#036;18000 in 1991, and &#036;20000 my second year.

orionsword57: I&#39;m retired from the Retail industry and am a private investor using trading profits from my investment portfolio to live a simple inexpensive life as I approach my dotage.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Aug 11 2005, 07:08 AM
you can&#39;t tell the poor little brats to be quiet, it will damage their self-esteem.  You can&#39;t send them to the principal&#39;s office, that creates stigma.

There are drawbacks to teaching in a small redneck town, but lack of discipline is not one of them. I had parents who told me, "If he gives you any lip, jes&#39; wail the tar outta &#39;im: that&#39;ll learn &#39;im." I rarely had to discipline a student simply because they knew I wouldn&#39;t hesitate to do so.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Aug 11 2005, 11:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Aug 11 2005, 11:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@Aug 11 2005, 07:08 AM

There are drawbacks to teaching in a small redneck town, but lack of discipline is not one of them. I had parents who told me, "If he gives you any lip, jes&#39; wail the tar outta &#39;im: that&#39;ll learn &#39;im." I rarely had to discipline a student simply because they knew I wouldn&#39;t hesitate to do so.
[post=334515]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Funny, I was in a small rednedk town at the time (actually, two small towns, I was the only co-op teacher in either one.) But unfortunately, the only parents who supported discipline were the ones whose children were well-behaved. I had one arrogant junior disrupt my class, and I gave her the option of 3 swats or 3 days at home (the school did have corporal punishment) and she protested, went home and told daddy (he was president of the local bank, AND on the school board.) He came by the school the next day and informed me "you are NOT to discipline my daughter. I could have your job, you know." I replied that I doubted he could even do my job, but if he wanted to take it up with the school board, that was fine with me. That was during my second year of teaching. Some of the job I absolutely loved - seeing some kid&#39;s eyes get wide, see the "lightbulb" of understanding over his head, watching them make that connection.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a grad student but work part time as an engineer. For over a year, my project has been the modification and restart of a chemical plant using probabilistic risk assessments....dreaming up all the ways things can go boom and then figuring out ways to prevent. Doesn&#39;t every little boy dream of bigger and better explosions?

jay

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by jay_too@Aug 12 2005, 01:54 AM
I am a grad student but work part time as an engineer. For over a year, my project has been the modification and restart of a chemical plant using probabilistic risk assessments....dreaming up all the ways things can go boom and then figuring out ways to prevent. Doesn&#39;t every little boy dream of bigger and better explosions?

jay
[post=334730]Quoted post[/post]​

And I&#39;m a meteorologist specializing in providing weather information for disaster relief after various things do go boom and burn. I teach also.

SG

Nienna

Just Browsing
Media
For the past 9 years I&#39;ve been a mom ( I have a boy and a girl) They take up most of time, all of my money and some of my sanity.

I also am an Interior designer (although finding a good job in that where I live isn&#39;t easy, so mostly I just do it for friends and family)

And I just left my job of 7 years to go back to University and get my masters in Psychology, with a minor in Sociology, then I am either going to use that to get into Law or Medicine. Haven&#39;t decided yet.....