What do you do when the condom breaks...inside you?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by earllogjam, Dec 10, 2011.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

:frown1::confused: to avoid getting HIV?

2. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Mr. Novice_btm has shared a couple of uber-informative post on post-exposure propholaxis.

i guess it would depend on how well you know ya partner's testing history/current status. condom break pre vs post ejaculation.

assuming he's already cum? if i was dealing with a stranger/random hook-up? ER, and PEP.

some i know? honest discussion of sexual health history. blood test to get our current status. weigh my options from there.

for true. i think i would panic/freak-out/hyperventilate. :redface:

3. erratic

Gold Member

Like Mickey Lee said, I would base it on whose dick it was inside of you. Random hook-up? You may want to consider post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). It's not particularly pleasant, it's not 100% guaranteed, and it works better the faster you get on it (and I mean "faster" in terms of hours, not days), but it's something. And it's something for you to consider.

Was this someone you know, and whom you can trust regarding his (HIV negative) status? If so, statistics would indicate you're fine. It's true that you can't be 100% sure about anyone, partners lie, many don't really know their HIV status, and you're wise to use condoms even with people you trust...but but if stats put your mind at ease, so be it. Take a good poo to evacuate your bowels, and be careful with yourself until you can get tested.

If you consider douching his cum out of you, remember that most HIV/AIDS organizations strongly discourage douching in general because it removes the protective lining that is one of the barriers that makes it difficult for HIV to pass into your blood stream.

Regardless, if you're really worried see a doctor or sexual health nurse. And don't wait.

#3 erratic, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't even stop to think about it, get to the ER or a sexual health clinic and start on PEP immediately. Once you're on the course of meds you can take some time to investigate whether it's really necessary.

You might not have any side-effects and you'll have peace of mind knowing you've done what you can to avoid even the smallest chance of infection.

5. mickstl

mickstl New Member

Albums:
    Hope everything's OK...

Draft saved Draft deleted