what do you do ?

D_Melburn Pudmuncher

Account Disabled
Media
I see everyone commuting to work everyday and wonder what it is people do. I have reached a dead end with my job of 6 years working in a medical lab drawing blood and processing various medical tests ( first and only real job)and can't seem to figure out what direction to go next. My experience is limited in terms of job hunting, and this area is one that causes me a lot of anxiety. I suppose this is a funny place to be asking this, but I enjoy the comments and senses of humor that I see ... everyone seems pretty cool. Anyway, I know there are many kinds of jobs out there but I was wondering if any of you guys would be so kind as to tell me what you do and how it was you came about doing that. I am hoping to get some ideas or suggestions or anything you may have to offer to a guy in my position.
Thank you in advance to any of you who are willing to take the time to help.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I make costumes for strippers. Although I had been doing it as a hobby for about a year or so, I found a book at a used bookstore and found it to be somewhat stimulating in encouraging me to think about non-traditional employment opportunities. Although I don't recall it being a masterpiece of any kind, it was in fact the thing that got me over the edge of seeing myself as a self employed person, I hope it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0440501601/103-7665081-3853467?v=glance&n=283155

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rookaponz said:
I see everyone commuting to work everyday and wonder what it is people do. I have reached a dead end with my job of 6 years working in a medical lab drawing blood and processing various medical tests ( first and only real job)and can't seem to figure out what direction to go next. My experience is limited in terms of job hunting, and this area is one that causes me a lot of anxiety. I suppose this is a funny place to be asking this, but I enjoy the comments and senses of humor that I see ... everyone seems pretty cool. Anyway, I know there are many kinds of jobs out there but I was wondering if any of you guys would be so kind as to tell me what you do and how it was you came about doing that. I am hoping to get some ideas or suggestions or anything you may have to offer to a guy in my position.
Thank you in advance to any of you who are willing to take the time to help.
ya i hear u bro. ive been listening to this sob story forever. after i get my degree im thinking i can become a non-commissioned officer in the navy, do some free travelling, keep my body in shape...change is important, i dont wanna get stuck to a routine and become another depressed consumer. i was an intern at motorola(super shitty/boring job), got me thinking about non-commercial employment...right now im a student so i just spend my free time exercising and counting the popcorn on the cieling, the arcade here helps too...

if u have a 4 year college degree, military wudnt be a bad choice...they actually give a shit about the smart ones...

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was thinking of getting a JOB as a data inputter/typist. A lot of places want experience but I'll take a look-see. I have money though so there's no rush, at least not the kind there would be if I was broke. I do odd jobs as a Mr Fix It and occasional bar work.

The data inputter/typist would be a short term thing, I have bigger plans but plans need money.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've accepted the idea of becoming a roadway engineer for the rest of my life after grad school. I don't have any immediate desire for management as those guys get stuck with the long hours and are more business people than the ones who actually get to design.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a technician in the bulk filling area of a pharmaceutical manufacturer here in London. It's fairly uninspiring work but for someone who has hardly any qualifications to his name there's no hope of me earning better money anywhere else. Also, it's really not such a bad job, the manual labour is minimal and the back pain that was at times keeping me away from work in my old job at 22/23 is now pretty much all gone. I'm not permanently exhausted either and I don't have to work overtime anymore. Infact it looks like I might actually be able to get a life now and that all the hard work I've put in over the years is finally starting to yield some results.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tallguypns said:
I am an audio engineer. I get paid to listen to music and be involved in the creative process of making music. I still can't believe I get paid a lot of money to do it.

I don't think you can ever understand how much I envy people like you.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm an RN. After I graduated I found myself working in labor and delivery.
I just found it fascinating, so when I was 31 I went back to school to become a
certified nurse midwife.

I do home births and well as births in a birthing center. I only work part time
but there is a lot of 'on the phone' time. I think the difference between a midwife and an MD is that the midwife is all things to the mom. She is her nurse, he doctor, her labor coach,her teacher and her sounding board. It's just more personal. But that is because I have much more time, and less patients.