What do you do?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by vibratingfinger, Jul 5, 2007.

1. vibratingfinger

vibratingfinger New Member

Someone really insists that you tell them why you don't want to pursue anything with her and the real reason is that her face appalling to you. She won't buy any of your excuses and you finally tell her that you feel no attraction. But she still doesn't get it and keeps digging (or gets it but wants you to be straightforward, in effect admitting your shallowness). Short of making up another excuse, is there anything at that point that you can say which doesn't sound offensive and protects you from getting slapped or hit in the nutsack?

2. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

Tough one. Sorry, I am not sure what to say since you have already told her that you have no attraction to her. You would think that would be enough. I admire that you don't want to be totally offensive. Perhaps cut contact?

3. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    Everytime something like this happens to me I just tell them that I'm not attracted to them and just want to be friends. Everybody wants to have someone they are attracted to. They might not like hearing that but they should be able to understand how you feel and they should also be glad that you were honest and also not rude about it.

4. vibratingfinger

vibratingfinger New Member

My biggest mistake was that I kind of felt sorry for her because she was lonely in our group and I befriended her. I think she misunderstood my intention because she's so inexperienced when it comes to dating and relationships. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position where I could cut contact with her. We were working on a project tegether. I still have to come in contact every few weeks. I finally did tell her that I wasn't really drawn to her face since she insisted that I be specific and honest with her. Later I heard that she broke down and took it really badly. As far as I know she's still single. But she's been single for a long time so I don't think her being single is the result of what happened between us. I really feel bad for her. You really feel pathetic after something like this happens.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

"Darlin', you have a great personality!" *runs like hell*

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Yeah, I can see why she didn't take it well. But she kept digging for it, so you can remind her of that. Make sure you insist that she knows it was only because she would not stop bothering you about it, that you told her. Good luck.

7. viking1

Gold Member

Tell her that you are gay. That should get rid of her.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Nope, just walk away. Men and women like this have a secret desire to be hurt they get off on it. Having you validate their self perceived unattractiveness probably excites them. Kinda like the SPH guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted