What do you dream?

nealin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been dreaming of exwhyzee in those white boxerbriefs...
I always wake up smiling.

All sorts of weird stuff, usually based on what mood I was in during the day, lol.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From NYT Magazine:

"In an age of high-definition television and vivid cinematography, it might seem peculiar to think that anyone would experience colorless dreams.
For many people, the dream state can be the most turbulent, emotionally intense part of the day. Falling, flying, failing exams and being chased are among the most frequently reported themes when people are asked in studies to describe their dreams. And yet for a small segment of the population, drifting off at night means reverting to a world of monochromatic hues."

Read more here.

Are you one of the small percentage that dreams only on black and white?

Beyond hues, do you remember your dreams? Are they usually stressful? Romantic? Arbitrary? Adventurous?

What (if anything) do you think your head is telling you about your life via your dreams?
I am not sure if I dream in black and white. An interesting corollary for me is when I think back on my childhood. The first years are all black and white. It may be due to the black and white photos and television at the time which perhaps meant at the time I only dreamt in black and white. I can visualize some recent night dreams but there's no definite color scheme in them. Neither black and white nor technicolor.

D

deleted3782

I had a dream last night that I was visiting Alabama with a girl friend of mine, looking at a new real estate development. Then we noticed a huge development across the interstate that was designed by the architect Frank Gehry, and that was all very cool. We then boarded a train and rode through the countryside but soon found ourselves surrounded by zombies. The train stopped in a tunnel that passed through the basements of houses that the zombies had already attacked...so they were full of corpses. I think I dropped a big cardboard box on a corpse. I was hoping not to be attacked by zombies...when the dream ended.

I just had to get that out.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a dream last night that I was visiting Alabama with a girl friend of mine, looking at a new real estate development. Then we noticed a huge development across the interstate that was designed by the architect Frank Gehry, and that was all very cool. We then boarded a train and rode through the countryside but soon found ourselves surrounded by zombies. The train stopped in a tunnel that passed through the basements of houses that the zombies had already attacked...so they were full of corpses. I think I dropped a big cardboard box on a corpse. I was hoping not to be attacked by zombies...when the dream ended.

I just had to get that out.

Haha, that's funny. I used to have dreams like that all the time. Especially while living alone. I would wake up because I was so terrified and as soon as I closed my eyes it would start again. I have something now when I have a bad dream that I put in the bed with me and it seems to chase the dreams away. :redface: It's actually a Bible that my Grandmother gave me when I was a little girl. Whatever works.

The last dream I remember was about the world dividing. There was a canyon in the center, vast and deep. I had to climb down and to the other side to get to the other people that were left. Then I met some people and we decided go back to the otherside in case others were still alive and we started climbing down and their gear gave out out and they fell to their deaths and I was all alone again climbing down the canyon.

D

deleted3782

The last dream I remember was about the world dividing...

Eek. I rarely remember my dreams anymore...but this one stuck with me because I woke up and replayed it immediately. I wonder if I dream this crap all the time?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eek. I rarely remember my dreams anymore...but this one stuck with me because I woke up and replayed it immediately. I wonder if I dream this crap all the time?

Actually the key is to keep a notebook beside your bed and write down what you dreamed as soon as you wake up. It works. You will be surprised at what you remember right then.:smile:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I dream of either constraints or freedom. The proportion at any given time directly correlates to my current stress level, but my overall proportion--lifetime numbers--is skewed toward freedom.

In terms of constraints, I've dreamt of being a child again--being forced to put up with crazy parenting and dysfunctional family life again. I've dreamt of running through the dark or through the mist in an extreme state of fear, but knowing (somehow, fatalistically) that I cannot escape whoever or whatever is chasing me (which usually isn't obvious). I've dreamt of being in prison, alternately bored and terrified out of my mind. I've dreamt of being fired from my job in a tremendously public and therefore humiliating way.

The feeling of (or wish for?) freedom typically manifests itself in dreams of vacations, being a trust fund baby, becoming a lottery winner, telling off a nasty boss, resigning from a job in order to take a better one, giving a presentation that the audience loves--that sort of thing.

But when I was at my lowest point as a child trapped in my parents' house and living under their control, I used to dream of swimming through the air. Not precisely flying, but close.

It usually was a slow-motion movement, typically through slanting sunbeams on a fairly sunny day, in warm air, turning onto my side or stomach and moving like a fish does, but through the air. I remember knowing that gravity didn't affect me at all if I didn't want it to, and that I could go anywhere I wanted and at whatever speed I wanted to--but that I chose to go slowly and savor the experience. Occasionally, the air felt like water--I could cup my hands and pull myself along through it as I could when swimming underwater--but more often, my arms felt like large wings with no feathers and a disproportionately strong stroke for not having feathers. (In fact, several times I remember thinking, "Why is this working? Oh yeah, it's a dream.")

A few times, I'd experience two simultaneous perspectives: I'd see through my own eyes, and I'd also see my body moving through the pale blue or pale green or even sunny yellow or transparent air. Interestingly, though, most of the time I saw my body swimming in the air, but not through my own eyes. (I wonder now whether that was a manifestation of how disconnected I felt at the time from the real me.) Then, I remember marveling at how wonderful the experience was for me, but how strange it was that I could see myself swimming through the air.

I'd wake up and remember that happy, free, warm feeling and lie there savoring the feeling and imagining a time when I'd be out of my parents' house and away from their multiple issues. I'd also feel a strong need to protect the person swimming through the air--to protect the me/not-me that I saw from an external perspective while still feeling the warm air wash over my body as I swam through it.

Those dreams gave me hope and the motivation to live instead of to commit suicide, which I seriously considered a few times.

NCbear (who's become a bit maudlin in the moment, yeah, but who enjoys the memory of those "swimming through the air" dreams as beautiful moments in their own right, separate from how they helped me psychologically at the time :smile:)

Last edited:

I always have weird dreams - kinda mirroring the people/events I'm involved with at the time, and the general state of mind I'm in.

I get quite a few on similar themes tho. A common one is where I have to make some train journey, but absolutely everything conspires to make it as bloody difficult as possible, and in the end I'm miles away trying desperately to get to the right place, grrr. :(

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As usual XYZ has posted a topic that does not contain a direct reference to cock or boobs.

I Love when i dream because I can escape all my daily stress. In 90% of my dreams Live is so sweet that I wake up dissapointed that the dream was not real; and i had to return to the real world.

William S Wrote

"To sleep, perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub; For in that sleep of death what dreams may come When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, Must give us pause"

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've no clue what in the hell I was dreaming, but I was woken up by the most raging hardon at 8:30, this morning. Arghhh, would not let me get back to sleep.

Really wish I knew what I was dreaming about, haha.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't remember ever having a black and white dream. In fact I never remeber my dreams unless they are nightmres or exceedingly turbulent. Just to get to sleep I have to take OTC supplements when I can't get someone to give me the blessed Ambien. I don't have nightmares from sleep meds but when I do sleep deep I have wretched nightmares. I think they would be good movies in black and white.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my dreams have no pattern and I can't say I remember if they are in black & white or color. Funniest in a long time: I was at the counter in a mini-market and, when the clerk asked what I needed, I answered "I would like a hard-on, please".

D

deleted3782

I had a really vivid dream the other night. I don't remember specifics, but I was hanging out with a guy who liked me...and we got along well enough, getting to know each other. He was Latino. He had a brother who was sort of abrupt and not terribly friendly...at first. The more time I spent with his brother, the more we began to connect. He had a strong personality that I really fell for, but he wasn't really identified with being gay. In the end, we developed intense feelings for each other, and were faced with telling his brother...which was awkward because he never identified as gay...and we didn't want the brother to get hurt.

In the end, it was a very nice dream because I connected with someone who was really cool. It was bittersweet because of the brother.

And then today, I was doing mundane desk work and had a feeling of deja vu. I had to stop and think "Wait, I've done this before."

Now...if the dream I described was deja vu...then all would be good in the world. :biggrin1:

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
Are you one of the small percentage that dreams only on black and white?

Beyond hues, do you remember your dreams? Are they usually stressful? Romantic? Arbitrary? Adventurous?

What (if anything) do you think your head is telling you about your life via your dreams?

Ohh no i dream in full color and sometimes neon. When i'm actively participating. Problem is (and this will sound a bit confusing) i'm not really sure if the dream was actually in color at the time or if i just remember it that way when i wake up.

Mine are almost always sexual or romanticized, and others are well more like a tv thats being switched from channel to channel. I'll be some sort of super hero one minute then i'm stuck in some abstract artists idea of a good dream which tends to have me jumping head first into some dream interpretation books.

I dream enough during the day so i think its my sub-conscience telling me either what i need to do/don't do or what/who i should be looking out for.

Depends - I have this recurring dream of being on a long journey trying to get home, and shitloads of obstacles and problems occur, meaning that so far, I've never actually made it to the destination. :/

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a lot of dreams and most of them center around the destruction of the natural world. Wholesale rape of habitat and extinction of untold numbers of species.

I dream of the tassie tiger being found alive in the wilderness of Tasmania.
I dream that the contagious facial cancer killing off vast numbers of Tas. Devils is cured.
I dream that the chlamydia that is effecting kola populations is cured.

I dream that more work is put into frozen zoos before more species become extinct.

I dream that more research is done into transplanting viable embyos of endangered species into similar species with the same gestation periods.

I dream of having enough money to buy up mining leases to stop the wholesale rape of the Australian landscape and habitat.

I dream of having enough money to buy and fence off vast tracts of land with vermin proof fencing and allow endangered species to breed without feral animal pressures.

I dream of large eco friendly plants that pump seawater into solar furnaces and the steam can run power generating turbines..the condensate, being pure water, can be used to water aquaponics system that produce fish and veges and fruit.
Brine slurry can be pumped out into evaporating pans to create sea salt.

I dream of a more aware public. What you buy. The choices you make, every time you put your hand in your pocket it makes an impact.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been having nightmares that something terrible is going to happen to my son, that I'll lose him. The last one I dreamed that we went out to the park and he drowned in the lake. Then all day long I can't shake the feeling of fear that something bad is about to happen.