What Do You Drink?

MarcoJock

Legendary Member
Media
About six months ago I changed what I drink. Before, I just grabbed anything, a diet soft drink, coffee, bottled tea, maybe a juice here and there. As far as alcohol I just had a drink or two whenever I wanted one. Now I drink 8-10 ounces of water when I get up; have one coffee or latte before 10AM; and only drink water the rest of the day, sometimes with lemon. As far as alcohol, I have no more than 2-3 drinks per week and only on the weekends. I don’t really have a strict rule with alcohol, I just tried to cut back. If I’m out with co-workers or friends I’ll sub a soda+lime in the place of alcohol.

Three things that I’ve noticed. 1) I sleep much better. 2) I feel better but can’t really put my hand on why specifically. 3) All I really want to drink now is water, in fact canned and bottled drinks turn me off just like bags of junk food.

I’m curious if others who have taken out other beverages and upped their water intake have noticed similar things.

Also, are there any believers in drinking green tea and, if so, why?

Reactions: Gj816

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m sort of the same, but rather than plain water I drink a lot of flavored seltzer (no sweeteners), and less alcohol than you do. Two or three drinks per month.

And milk. I drink milk.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I haven't had a soft drink in years. Accidentally picked up my husband's drink instead of mine. It taste like pure sugar. :confounded: (even diet soft drinks taste extremely sweet to me.)

I'm pretty much only water (with lemon if we eat out) and 1cuppa coffee in the morning. And I notice that if I'm not getting a regular intake of water, I get dry mouth and actually hungry for water.

I think it's typical for your body to adapt to how much, or how little, sugar you get. Once your body adjusts, you no longer crave or even desire it anymore. And, yes, you would feel better by reducing the amount of sugar in your diet.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't consumed alcohol in 35 years.
I drink lots of water, flavored/non-sweetened Seltzer's, coffee (2 per day) with no sugar or cream, and (1) tonic water with lime per day.
I've had a nearly 40 year history of peripheral neuropathy in my legs. I have worked with many doctors on this issue, and have a couple of prescription meds to deal with it. There have been many attempts to manage it with nutritional supplements and changes in diet, but tonic water is the most helpful supplement I've found because of the quinine content.
If I'm in a social setting where everyone is drinking alcohol, a tonic and lime helps me fit right in.

Reactions: greg_greg and Gj816

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I start the day with water (8 oz) then switch to black coffee (2 cups). My next drink will be water and sometimes hot tea with no sugar. I do not add sugar or cream to anything. I avoid soft drinks, milk, and fake sweeteners. Alcohol is seldom, maybe two or three times a year and that will be a dry red wine.

Reactions: greg_greg and Gj816

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mainly water. Especially when I first get up. A protein shake after my workout. I add powder to a bottle of spring water. Sugar free zero Gatorade max 2 a day. Followed by more water. Alcohol very seldom. It's that dang sweet tea I have occasionally. But usually 2 - 4 bottles of water. Sometimes I just can't get enough water to drink.

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
Water first thing in the morn. Then a couple of cups of black coffee. About 2 qts of water thru the day, green tea for lunch. In the evening a shot of bourbon or scotch, or maybe a couple of glasses of wine. Never drink bovine lactation.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Water first thing in the morn. Then a couple of cups of black coffee. About 2 qts of water thru the day, green tea for lunch. In the evening a shot of bourbon or scotch, or maybe a couple of glasses of wine. Never drink bovine lactation.

You ever try unsweetened vanilla almond milk?

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I stopped drinking soda for a good few months a few months ago and when i tried to drink it again I couldn't. It just tasted bad to me. Now I drink mostly water and try to drink things with less than 12g of sugar. Im not the biggest fan of tea, but i drink it occasionally. Nowadays I can eat more than when I drank soda. And I can eat a lot of foods more now without feeling like I'm going to throw up(mostly meats). Don't know if it's related, but no complaints here either way

palmer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I start my day with 6oz cold brew, 2oz creamer and 4oz water. Then it's double tap and Bcaas from redcon to keep my energy and drinking up while I work (I work at 4 am). If I feel up to it I'll have a can of Arizona green tea with lunch but that's the only sugary drink I will drink during the day.
I cut sodas out probably 20 years ago and don't drink alcohol.
I try to get half to 3/4 of a gallon of water a day.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I drink water and tea. I had to use some sweetener initially in the tea when giving up soda. This was years ago. It was hard to think that’s all I drink when beverages of all kinds surround me. But I like plain ice tea now and try many varieties. Soda is freaking killing people.

I have like three small alcohol drinks a year. Not for the buzz, I just like the flavor. On these occasions I just say I’m having the calories/sugar and that’s ok today.

I do drink some goat milk once in awhile. Trader Joe’s is good. Not to strong. You tend to drink a small amount and your more satisfied then cow milk.

I live milkshakes but try to split one only a few times a year.

smoothie made from frozen banana, almond milk and a little fruit on a rare occasion too.

I’m a diabetic but I think people should not drink sodas at all now.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't drink alcohol unless it's socially which is very seldom for me. I drink water the most, followed by sweet tea. Sometimes I'll drink coffee in the mornings. With each workout I drink a whey isolate protein shake. I don't do well with dairy at all so milk is definitely a no unless it's almond or coconut milk.

Heavyballs34

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I usually start the day with a large glass of water, followed by a cup of black coffee before the gym. Post gym it's a 1pt smoothie zapped up in the Ninja(handful of oats, banana, scoop of peanut butter, 1 or 2 raw eggs, filled up with skimmed milk and a dash of ginger or cinnamon), a few large glasses of water throughout the day, and another 2 cups of coffee.

My only soft drink vice is Coke Zero, and alcohol. I admit alcohol is my downfall as you can't beat a few pints of Guinness, capped off by Jack & Coke, but I don't drink as much as I used to and some weeks I don't drink alcohol at all... :emoji_nerd:

Diver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just water and milk for me. I’ll get a soda if I want to go out with my friends since I don’t drink alcohol at all.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Veggie juice, or matcha tea are very healthy drinks, I bet u cant ask for that in a bar with all the criticism... Avoid beer and all soda drinks at any cost. Even beer is bad, you can get the alcohol effects even if u consume yeast cause it turns to alcohol inside the stomach.... just some red wine is fine if one needs to have some alcohol

Lots of water, never soda. Coffee in the morning. Protein shake after my workout.

My vice is the evening cocktail: martini or whisky. It's an unhealthy indulgence but with all my good discipline and workouts, I'll allow it.

Reactions: RammingGull

1551Roksman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Need to drink more water than anything else
Because the body considers only WATER WATER for water, and all juices, soda, teas, coffee, and so on - it counts as food

Therefore, when eating, it is advisable to drink water and for health it will be most useful

rogue_sword

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I drink a load of water, coffee (5-6 cups a day) and Diet Coke, and when I’m drinking which would normally be no more than once a week or so, my go to is a Manhattan or champagne. A good manhattan is many calories so you have to be careful with them. A whole bottle of champagne is maybe 400-500 cal which is pretty safe.

If I’m cutting it will be no booze for 12 weeks or so. Same if bulking hard. Pretty sure your body just shuts everything else down when it’s handling alcohol in any significant quantity so if you have a fitness objective best not.

if you’re taking lots of supplements for the gym, or medication, the right amount of fluids is even more important to process that stuff. Good for health, joints, skin, waste removal, toxins, circulation of minerals/nutrients etc etc.

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
Water, black coffee, beer, whiskey, occasionally cranberry juice. But mostly coffee and water.

I've cut back alcohol consumption as I've gotten older, and the sleep quality is much much better,not to mention I have a looser belt and a fatter wallet...