What do you drive?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only problem that does not exist now but will be in the future is that you can`t just go get replacement batteries at autozone, you`ll have to go through the dealers, and pay what they want for `em. Just as an example, a normal car battery has a 5 year life at the most.:cool:

lafever

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BlackCock85, that would extend range, assuming they add more batteries, but it wouldn't lengthen battery life. They'll still need to be replaced. I don't know long that type of battery lasts. Hopefully longer than ordinary lead-acid, which in Florida, last about 3...4 years.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
2005 Dodge Magnum SXT, black with tan leather interior. I call it my hearse.
2004 Dodge Dakota SXT, cobalt with charcoal grey cloth interior.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Batteries can be made to last longer. I have a caterpillar tractor battery in one vehicle that I bought in 1985 that works just fine. It also cost about twice as much origonally. I know people with solar power systems whose batteries are 15 years old. A longer lasting battery is also, naturally, heavier, so there is a trade of.

The hybrid battery in the Prius stays between 50 and 80% charged, so it is never discharged or overcharged. It is also not a large enough battery that charging it from a 110v source would be that huge of a benefit.
The systems on the vehicle are certainly complex. I have generally done repairs on my vehicles myself, there is little that could be done with the Prius without connecting it to a diagnostic computer.