What Do You Girls Think: Skinny vs. Curvy?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by CJack, Mar 26, 2011.

?

What Do You Girls Think: Skinny vs. Curvy?

1. Girls would rather be curvy, and guys want curvy too

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Girls would rather be curvy, but guys want skinny instead

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Girls would rather be skinny, and guys want skinny too

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Girls would rather be skinny, but guys want curvy instead

34 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. CJack

CJack New Member

The classic question: what female shape do girls find attractive vs. what do they think men find attractive?

Skinny: Keira Knightley

Curvy: Christina Hendricks

This is just a question for what girls think, so guys shouldn't vote.

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I tend to think younger guys like a skinny girl, but men appreciate a woman with curves.

From a woman's view i think we (woman) look much better when our clothing has a few curves to hug, but society tells us thin is better.

3. CJack

CJack New Member

I think people that put a priority on fashion think skinny is better, because clothes look better on a taller, leaner, more angular frame. But those people are typically women, gay men, or metros.

I think most men do not care about fashion and are more attracted to reproductive potential -- the hourglass figure.

Personally, I think both Keira and Christina are sexy as hell, and my ultimate woman would be a blend of Keira's skinny legs and narrow midsection with Christina's full breasts and wide hips. They're both healthy looking, but in some pictures Keira looks a slightly underweight and in some pictures Christina looks slightly overweight.

4. enki

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i prefer 1000 times curvy girls, but i know that the majority of young people prefer skinny girl.

5. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love curvy. I hate fat. There is a line and most women seem to not know where like line is.

Christina Hendricks for instance. She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously sexy. Pretty much the epitome of curvy.

6. lustful10

lustful10 New Member

Society says skinny is best. I disagree, and I actually think a lot of guys and girls disagree too. There are some people who will prefer skinny, whether for themselves or others, but there are some who don't. I'm size 12/14 (UK sizes), so I'm curvy. I generally prefer curvy, especially rather than super skinny... but if someone is attractive they can be whether curvy or skinny, that's what I think. Oh and I don't go for fashion either!

7. inspectahdck

inspectahdck Member

Albums:
    I think you are all missing a point.
    Skinny,curvy,slightly fat,slightly anorexic, name them all.
    it doesnt matter, there are just so many women that are attractive, no matter their curves.

i may at some point have thought this young 110 lbs chick was the sexiest looking thing alive
    and the next day i see a curvy 160 lbs girl with beautiful hourglass shape and swear to god shes the one i want all day all night.

theres no preferences i swear to god, there are as many types of girl as there are clothing line sizes for women ( 5 year old 10 year old are clothing size? then theres thousands of sizes)

just my 2 cents to all the curvy and skinny gals out there, your the type of millions of men

8. missannethrope

missannethrope New Member

Christina Hendricks is skinny to me :eek:. I voted girls want to be skinny and guys want skinny girls. I got a lot more male attention when I was 110lbs than I do now at 170-180lbs.

9. TroMag

TroMag New Member

Albums:
    Exactly. Most women have a very different definition of curvy than the definition most guys have in mind.

Most guys would agree that she is curvy. But I can guarantee that most women who describe themselves as curvy do not have anywhere near Hendricks' proportions.

10. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

Girls want to be skinny AND curvy, guys want BJ's

11. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL! True dat!

Well, I'll never be skinny, and my body can't decide if it's going to be a 4 or an 8, so I tell people that I'm a 4, but I wear 8! LOL!

I was born curvy, grew up curvy, and guess I'll be curvy for the rest of my life.

I didn't vote because I really don't know what guys like anymore. I see a few who've said skinny, but I guess I only meet guys who like curvy! LOL!

12. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

I used to think all men preferred the 'model' skinny type and my husband was just being nice telling me I had a great body. I've seen so much on this site (and others) to convince me that curves are the 'in' thing.

I know you can't box everyone into the same pigeonhole and there are guys that prefer the model type.... guys that prefer the female bodybuilder type.... and guys that like a little curve or curves that go for miles and miles....

Personally, I am pretty happy with my body... I'm like Ellie... never really knew anything but curvy... and I've never been short on attention from the male population. (I always just thought they were being nice....until I met guys here who didn't know me from Adam's housecat (it's a Southern sayin') and have complimented my figure... to quote Pink "Who Knew?"

13. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

]damn! wish I'd thought of that.... Truth!:biggrin1:

14. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    BJ's?

What ever do you mean? Maybe guys want Billy Jean

No no... maybe something by Billy Joel? He is kind of awesome!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

To seriously answer the original question, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. People are attracted to different body styles, some are attracted to many. Healthy is the only body type I care about.

15. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I want my man to be curvy.

16. Ramsey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Seriously or you joking?

17. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Fancy Pants, you have to be from my neck of the woods because that's a saying my Daddy always used, too! I grew up in Austin, Texas, and if there's one thing we were never short of it's sayings.

18. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i am attracted to women with bodies they're comfortable/in love with.

i do have a strong preference toward the curvy, pillowy, voluptuous and the zaftig.

skinny tomboys, boyish and butch dykes always catch my eye.

maybe men like to look at the media's hard sell of convention beauty? in the end, men are usually more attracted to a healthy athletic, healthy curvy body.

Knightly is sickly underweight. she needs more food and fewer movie covers.
    Hendricks is a blessing to eyes, libido and imagination.

the whole trend of underfed women being perfect bothers me.... these women look powerless and weak. the victimized side of vulnerable?

is just odd.

19. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

It's obviously what most men seem to like, well apart from me I don't ever get any of these .....Blue Jeans :biggrin1:

20. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh... ok I did think about Blackberry Jam, but Blue Jeans never crossed my mind:eek: Thanks for the heads up on what men REALLY want:wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted