What do you guys think? Is he bi or just making conversation?

D_Polly_Femus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey everyone, I just want to see what an outsiders view is of this situation I am in. I have a buddy who I went to high school with but we weren't friends back then. He was a year younger and I kind of knew who he was and he might have known who I was but that was it.

After coming back from college a couple years ago, we have gradually started to hang out more often. Not one on one but we are in the same group of friends now so we do see each other more often and we are just normal buddy's now. We can talk with each other, call each other nicknames so yeah we are close but still don't hang out just us two.

Anyways, I have been noticing that he makes comments that make me curious on what his motives are. For example, tonight we were at a buddy's party and there was a keg. He was filling my cup and I said, "I'll pump it for you" meaning the keg so the beer flows out better. He comes back with, "Oh yeah pump me good...ahh that feels so good."

Over the summer, a group of us guys went on a weekend vacation together. I started talking to this girl and we hit it off. She was hanging out with us and it was pretty obvious at a point that we were going to hook up and he said to me how we should tag team her. It didn't happen but he did try talking to her to see if it could happen but in the end it was just me who went back to her place. It's kind of been a "joke" since and we kid around about tag teaming a chick.

I guess it might just be conversation but he always has comments like the "pump me good" when it is just us two. When any other friends are around he doesn't say anything like that. It's only when it is only him and I then he'll throw out sexual comments like that.

So, with that knowledge of the situation, what do you guys think? Is he bi and hitting on me in some way or is he just making conversation? Thanks!

shaina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You should be asking your friend these questions so you and he
can be clear and discuss the whole matter.
Good luck.

D_Polly_Femus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No one else has any thoughts?

This isn't something I would feel comfortable just asking him. If he was just making conversation then I think asking him if he is bi or trying to hit on me would mess up our friendship.

highreg9x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Joke back with him and see where he takes it. The next time he says "oh, pump me good" joke back with "well, if I don't find a chick by the end of night, I just might take you up on that". If he's 100% straight, then he'll laugh it off. If he's curious, he'll react differently. Keep us posted.

If he is bi and interested in getting physical, are you?

Last edited:

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a straight guy and I know I've made conversation with gay friends to bond in some way and maybe to flirt with the idea in my own head and maybe because it's fun to be wanted even if you intend never to follow through.

It's just conversation until something happens.

DQSundae

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've known guys like that my whole life. They say that stuff slap your ass, etc. He probably is a farter too. These guys like to goof around with you if they like you. It's a sign that he feels like your a close friend. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it. If you want it to go further let it progress slowly and let him initiate it. I'd watch and wait.

Seogra

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sounds like mild guy talk to me. If it were more, it would be accompanied by the right look in his eyes. If there's no eye contact with feeling behind it, see how 'wrong' the conversation can get. If it's just guy talk, there will be no problems laughing as you elevate 'pumping his keg' to horsetail butt plugs, donkey-punching grandma's and getting oral from a mountain lion. If he looks disappointed when it goes there, he probably kinda sorta wants to suck your cock.

It's just guy talk. My fraternity brothers and I used to kid with each other like that and say things when a guy bent over to pick things up like, "Don't bend over unless you mean it", in which the other guy would retort, "But I do mean it!" Other times we would kid each other when we were out looking to pick up women for sex. We would say things like "If I don't score tonight, you'll have to do." If you ever used the marker system with any of your friends you'll know that your marker (the fattest ugliest girl in the room) is your cut off point for drinking when she starts looking good. I would sometimes tell my brothers that they were my marker - once they started looking good to me it was time to cut me off from the beer keg. Several times at parties we would fake hump each other (clothes on) and start moaning if we were in tight quarters at a keg party and couldn't get by because there were too many people blocking our way. Everyone would have a good laugh. When guys kid with you like that, it's a sign of affection and friendship, nothing sexual. It means that they feel comfortable enough to joke with you in a sexual way, and have bonded with you. I can't tell you how much I miss those light hearted carefree days. Enjoy them while they last. Life gets way too serious when you get older and have obligations.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Polly_Femus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks guys! I always took it as guy talk but maybe the drinks last night made me think differently. It just seems like the sexual innuendoes always come out when it is only us two. Never when any other friends are around....at least that I notice.

If anything else happens, I'll update you guys. Thanks!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, if it'ssomething that you might want, then definitely keep your ears open and tuned in to his little comments. When applicable, respond back with something that if he's not actually throwing hints out, you can easily laugh off as "man banter" or "just a joke dude, :smile: