what do you hate most about aging

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
What do I hate about aging??? Nothing!!! Every day above ground is a good day!!!

Mike

Man, I am with you on this one, Mike. My early 50s, so far, have been the best time of my life so far. I'm not crazy about a few lines I have on my face and the fact that it's tougher to be as skinny as I was as a kid. But, aside from some things I'm not crazy about, there's not much I hate.

So, I'm starting this other thread right here: http://www.lpsg.org/111029-whats-good-about-getting-older.html#post1832672.

SeeDickRun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Getting older can be a bitch, but as long as you're winning, it's all good!

I've had prostrate cancer. That was removed.
I've had bladder cancer. That was removed.
I've been diagnosed with diabetes. That's under control.
I've had chemo. That's over.

So, I'm cancer free for three years. Diabetes is under control.

Life goes on. And every day's a holiday! I'm doing more now, trying to squeeze in everything I've ever wanted to do. Last month, I went skydiving. Last year, snow skiing. Went to Europe this summer. Sail every chance I can.

I don't care if I run out of money before I run out of life. Somehow, I'll get by. :)

Life's great. Every day's a treat. Creaky joints and all!

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
what do you hate most about aging:

The fact that I've soon have to look out for a job, living on my own, starting a new life and the fact that I didn't had the chance to be a young adult the last two years and enjoy life like we young people have to do.

Newsflash 20 yr old. You are still a young adult. Whether or not you have an enjoyable life as one is up to you. If you aren't looking forward to independent living I suggest that you stay with your folks until you are.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
OK, the only concession to age is reading glasses,......

I am turning 50 and am stronger than ever. You don't get older, you get wiser.
my dick is harder than ever, I am earning more money, got less dedbt.

and think about this....
I have been where you still have to tread. And you can NEVER catch up.
Look forward, it happens to us all.
im thouroughally enjoying middle age and wouldnt go back for nothing.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can age as much as your mind/soul allows you to age, at least in the mind's perspective. As for body, everyone ages and it is what you make the best of it. There is no elixir of life.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
because I'm vegan, and blessed with good genetics, my friends, family, and favorite celebrities are aging way faster than I am, and of course, pairing up and having babies

I hate the way they have to give up being as they were, which means as we were

I am reminded of the passage from Goethe's Urfaust:

They do not hear the melodies I'm singing,
The souls to whom my earliest lays I sang;
Dispersed that throng who once to me were clinging,
The echo's died away that one time rang.
Now midst an unknown crowd my grief is ringing,
Their very praise but gives my heart a pang,
While those who once my song enjoyed and flattered,
If still they live, roam through the wide world scattered.

Last edited:

tim36

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Me, battling a losing battle as more grey hair appears on my head (but im thankful I still have a full head of hair at age 37), feeling aches and pains in joints that just seemed to magically appear out of nowhere, and pesky little memory lapses where I forget at times things I was just thinking about 5 min earlier, lol.

Last edited:

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nick, I hear ya - I'm vegan too and regularly get pegged for being a decade younger than I am. I think it has plenty to do with the fact that I don't drink at all, too - not having kids has probably helped, as well.

That said, I am starting to get a few greys at 33...sometimes they stress me out, but then I think of all the silver foxes out there and I don't feel like bothering with toxic dyes.

My least favorite thing about aging is that I'm a student, and fellow students often treat me as if I'm invisible, at least after they find out how old I am (they're often surprised). Even though I'm quite youthful and my lifestyle isn't all that different (minus the partying, of course, but I didn't do that when I was 18 either), the number freaks them out. Oh well, their loss.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Aches and pains, but I can't whine much, I got called 'young man' by a store clerk who was mid 30's recently.:rolleyes:

A person I've known a while who is 39 thought I was younger than him.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The thing that I love best about this thread is that people in their twenties are responding...LOL, about the age issue for me; it's the things that you took for granted in your youth are now very precious or gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I love being the age i am, although a few aches kickin in here and there i don't like. I hate the memory loss hehe especially going upstairs to get something and then having to look around because i forgot !, not always though.

Things i dislike the most are guys combing their hair from above their ear to cover up the balding part of the head, worst when it is windy and it's flying higher than the flag.

Also guys dying the grey bits, god that is so bad, especially if the color is not right.

A guy i work with has pure white hair and pale skin but dyes his beard jet black.

I like older guys who are natural, it is sexy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
your body parts start forming unions and occasionally stopping work
OMG! :lmao: That would be funny if it weren't so true. :tongue:

Getting older can be a bitch, but as long as you're winning, it's all good!
I've had prostrate cancer. That was removed.
I've had bladder cancer. That was removed.
I've been diagnosed with diabetes. That's under control.
I've had chemo. That's over.
So, I'm cancer free for three years. Diabetes is under control.
Life goes on. And every day's a holiday! I'm doing more now, trying to squeeze in everything I've ever wanted to do. Last month, I went skydiving. Last year, snow skiing. Went to Europe this summer. Sail every chance I can.
I don't care if I run out of money before I run out of life. Somehow, I'll get by. :)
Life's great. Every day's a treat. Creaky joints and all!

God Bless You! I'm glad you're still here and enjoying life. :smile:

My knees hurt. And There's this one tiny spot on my back I can no longer reach.
So, what do you need to reach it for? Can't you use a back brush or have your hubby wash it?:confused:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Having the hindsight to see how you screwed up in the past--blowing off relationships, not taking a job that you were being recruited for that would have made you rich, not travelling the world while i had the chance off the top of my head.

Oh, and back and knee pain right after that. In general i don't really worry about aging though.

I really hate that - the hindsight that is, especially about the path I took with college and career. I did try to remedy that in my mid-twenties by going back to school for a different major that was more suitable for me, but even that didn't work out so well. I also regret some things that I should have done but didn't when I did have a steady job in the field that I studied for (the second time I went to school...)

Also, I now have a job that requires me to be on my feet all day. I had a job that required me to be on my feet all day back in my early thirties and did that just fine, but now at the end of the day my feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts, and I can barely walk. I hate that!!! I've had too many years in between of desk jobs, but I think the bigger culprit in this was the two serious illnesses I had just before and just after I turned 40, which required me to have two surgeries for two completely different illnesses within a 3-month period. And the illness that I had the second surgery for nearly killed me.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 32 and although i look some 6 years younger than that, i feel the age in some physical ways like knees cracking sometimes or not being able to play some sports at the same level i used to without training so much.

2 years ago i was being interviewed previous to a concert and the reporter asked me a bit on my life, she said: "excuse me, but how old were you? because you have done so much, yet look still young..."
that made me realize that i am older than my physical age because i have been having a beautiful life but I will be as young or as fit with my life as i make the effort to live it to its maximum.

Taking care of your health and finding your happiness is all we need to be young at 100 years young :)!

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Grumpy old man syndrome....I'm only 38, but I already feel it coming on in waves...when it comes I'll rant at whoever is in the vicinity about the 'state of the nation', 'the bloody government', 'that old bitch Madgonna', 'the frigging weather' etc...etc..etc...
It's not so bad, but I see myself turning into my Dad, he's lovely, gentle and sweet, but man, get him started and he'll rant and rave about something for HOURS!! And it could be just a bird pooing on his Jag, or a few leaves on the lawn!!
Grumpy old man syndrome is a global phenomonen!