what do you like that no one else does?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Country Music, George Straight, George Jones, Garth Brooks, Reba, Martina. I just love it. I also like slow songs, just about any slow song in any music genre. It doesn't matter if it's an unreleased song from 1980, if I find it, it has a home on my ipod.

Dirty stuff. Fourwheeling, in the mud with my wadders on and my helmet with the fairy stickers on the back.

Sliced green apples and honey.

Knee socks, big animals, books and rain.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I quite enjoy a nice heaping plate of pasta marinara, with a side of cooked corn that I mix in bits at a time with the pasta.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the movie Pi
Being spit on during sex
the killer in movies

Tuna w/ miracle whip, tomato, pickles, and lettuce mixed in... butter toasted bread and enjoy.

I have the Pi dvd. So you can't claim, "no one else". :biggrin1:

Good one about rooting for the killer. It's not a consistent thing, but I often find myself rooting for the baddie, at least to prolong his/her devilry so the show can go on. It's easy to root for the charismatic (e.g., Hannibal Lecter), but I even find myself rooting for those with very little in the way of redeeming values. Again, though, I usually welcome their eventual comeuppance.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Canaries
Eating Brezels and the chocolate of Surprise Eggs at the same time
Brezels with real butter on them
Rinderzunge (Cow tongue)- my mom makes the best one in the world
The crackling of pork meat (shoulder, etc)
Cartilage
Wind and thunderstorms while I can sit inside and watch it from my window

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Scandinavian salt licorice.

I used to work for a Danish couple who always had a bag of that nasty stuff in the fridge in back: it was both unchewable, indigestible and so salty it almost burned my mouth :frown1:

Chalk me up as another person who loves the color orange, and I've noticed just one other mention of cottage cheese, which I adore though most people gag at the mention. In New England it's available with chive, which is extra yummy, but here it's either plain or with pineapple, which is not my fave.

I love post-punk at its darkest, like The Birthday Party's Deep In The Woods or The Virgin Prunes' Come To Daddy, both of which most people find really disturbing. I also always have either Sade's 120 Days Of Sodom or Juliette next to my bed: I often describe The 120 Days as the best-written unreadable book ever conceived.

I genuinely like the French in general and Parisians in particular; I'm not even sure they like themselves :tongue: I am a tireless fan of French culture, cuisine, etc. When I had the means, I owned quite a lot of French furniture, mostly late 19th-century reproductions of 18th-century originals.

I love silent movies, but costume dramas or adult-oriented films rather than comedies. I've always had a soft spot for Theda Bara and I was grief-stricken when Gloria Swanson died: friends actually called me that morning to make sure I was all right. Louise Brooks remains an idol and muse for me and is an enormous influence on my writing.

I actually enjoy Eisenstein, though I prefer October over The Battleship Potemkin, and I rented and watched Abel Gance's Napoleon all in one sitting (all 240 minutes). I also own a DVD restoration-version (30th Anniversary Edition) of Scorsese's New York New York, which has very few fans.

I really love swing and bebop, though I'm the only one I know who does.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooh, ooh, this talk of cottage cheese reminds me of another.

I LOVE cottage cheese with a healthy dose of a zesty italian vinagrette. Mmmm.....

D_Reuben Stallpisser

Experimental Member
Media
Country Music, George Straight, George Jones, Garth Brooks, Reba, Martina. I just love it. I also like slow songs, just about any slow song in any music genre. It doesn't matter if it's an unreleased song from 1980, if I find it, it has a home on my ipod.

Dirty stuff. Fourwheeling, in the mud with my wadders on and my helmet with the fairy stickers on the back.

Sliced green apples and honey.

Knee socks, big animals, books and rain.

What do you mean saying nobody else like's George Straight, George Jones, Garth Brooks, Reba, and Martina? I'm not Nobody. Am I? Well, maybe ... *sniffle*

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I love beet colored pee!

I like taking shots of vinegar, the stronger the better.

I despise EVERYTHING about Leeza Gibbons -I even hate the way she spells her name. Hate hate hate Carrie Underwood also.

I am the only white guy I know who likes Kim Chi.

I am a fan of Doris Day & Jack Lemmon.

I collect ugly dolls.