What do you like to do for FUN?

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Reading books on Politics History Pop culture Sci Fi and Biographies

Batman DVDs and comics

TV especially, 70s/80s shows like Cheers and Night Court and PBS British TV and American experience.

SNL and other Comedy

Watching my favorite movies like the Godfather trilogy and Super Troopers

writing screenplays and making Cds DVDs and tapes and most music from the 1930's to the present. and laying around naked and crosswords (NYT mostly)

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lately I've become a student of Astrology. And no, not in the cheap newspaper sense. I'm actually learning how to calculate birthcharts from scratch. Then I'm learning to progress these charts and make interpretations. It's incredibly complicated and I love it. Even the math is, dare I say it?, fun. My math teachers would laugh if they knew...

It's all about mythology, astronomy, scientific observation, ontology, personality studies, etc. It's amazing the parallels between astrologer and psychotherapist. I'm talking about a real astrologer and a real psychotherapist. Not Sylvia Browne and Doctor Phil.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lately I've become a student of Astrology. And no, not in the cheap newspaper sense. I'm actually learning how to calculate birthcharts from scratch. Then I'm learning to progress these charts and make interpretations. It's incredibly complicated and I love it. Even the math is, dare I say it?, fun. My math teachers would laugh if they knew...

It's all about mythology, astronomy, scientific observation, ontology, personality studies, etc. It's amazing the parallels between astrologer and psychotherapist. I'm talking about a real astrologer and a real psychotherapist. Not Sylvia Browne and Doctor Phil.

never would have imagined the connection between astrology snd psychotherapy. you mean sylvia brown isn't good at math?...oy what a faker.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm,
Gardening is a biggie it relaxes the tension of a shit day.
Cooking, although i have to be in the mood.
Planning holidays/Vacations.
Antique fairs- searching for what we collect at a bargain price.
Music, Ten pin bowling, cinema
Visiting friends, meals out and going to concerts.
Gee, when do i have time to go to work ?:smile:

you are the only other gay guy i know who likes to bowl besides me. i think 10 pin bowling is the same as regular bowling with the special shoes, bowling bag, hot dogs, cold beer, and gutter balls.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
never would have imagined the connection between astrology snd psychotherapy. you mean sylvia brown isn't good at math?...oy what a faker.

LOL! You're funny. Sylvia Brown is entertaining. I don't know if she's good at math or not. But she's not a true astrologer. She's more of a psychic...

Astrology is actually a science. It's based on making hypotheses, testing those hypotheses, and creating theories based on the results of testing the hypotheses. Then you test the theories. It's about observing the positions of the "planets" and "Stars" and making observations about what is going on in people's lives here on Earth.

Astrology can give insight into a subject's personality. It's a very detailed system of symbolism, mythology, archetypes, and metaphors. The subject is vast. Astrologers use their observations and calculations to uncover personality traits and likely times where certain personality traits might be more active or less active. Then the Astrologer consults with the client about their charts, transits, progressions, etc. testing all the while the validity of the conclusions made about the calculations and interpretations. It's a very soul-searching discipline. You don't have to be psychic to be an Astrologer. In fact, in true Astrology no psychic abilities are brought to the table. It's about the scientific method.

And the consultation I would do as an Astrologer is similar to what I do as a psychotherapist in that I see myself as a guide as a psychotherapist. I guide people around their psyches pointing out points of interest and difficulty. Then I guide my clients to discover their own solutions to difficulties they face. I don't interpret out of thin air. I listen, listen, listen, listen... Then I give back what I've heard from my client in a way the client may have never heard it said before. I'm basically a mirror. A good Astrologer acts as a mirror for his/her clients. And, I believe, a good psychotherapist acts as a mirror for his/her clients.

Astrology is actually a science. It's based on making hypotheses, testing those hypotheses, and creating theories based on the results of testing the hypotheses. Then you test the theories. It's about observing the positions of the "planets" and "Stars" and making observations about what is going on in people's lives here on Earth.

Astrology can give insight into a subject's personality. It's a very detailed system of symbolism, mythology, archetypes, and metaphors. The subject is vast. Astrologers use their observations and calculations to uncover personality traits and likely times where certain personality traits might be more active or less active. Then the Astrologer consults with the client about their charts, transits, progressions, etc. testing all the while the validity of the conclusions made about the calculations and interpretations. It's a very soul-searching discipline. You don't have to be psychic to be an Astrologer. In fact, in true Astrology no psychic abilities are brought to the table. It's about the scientific method.

And the consultation I would do as an Astrologer is similar to what I do as a psychotherapist in that I see myself as a guide as a psychotherapist. I guide people around their psyches pointing out points of interest and difficulty. Then I guide my clients to discover their own solutions to difficulties they face. I don't interpret out of thin air. I listen, listen, listen, listen... Then I give back what I've heard from my client in a way the client may have never heard it said before. I'm basically a mirror. A good Astrologer acts as a mirror for his/her clients. And, I believe, a good psychotherapist acts as a mirror for his/her clients.

My sister completely agrees with you and so do other psychotherapists of various sorts. She even had a course in grad school about the relationship between astrology and psychology which she then continued to working with a professional astrologer.

I'd be just as inclined to pooh-pooh this sort of thing as the next person save for one thing.

My sister has an uncanny ability to tell what astrological sign a person is just by talking to them. She can also usually tell what their moon or rising sign is. Either she's on to something or she's psychic. Her study of astrology has nothing to do with predicting the future and everything to do with using it as a tool to help her clients. I'm not sure how she does so but a lecture she gave on this subject last year among psychotherapists of Vermont got her a standing ovation.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wandering aimlessly on the beach
chillin in a grove of trees
or smokin some tree
watching/playing basketball or football or baseball
go crabbing/fishing/shrimping
learning guitar
reading the quran and the torah to better understand jews and muslims
reading anything period. especially national geographic and popular mechanics
watching national geographic channel, discovery channel, tlc, hgtd hd, food network
eating seafood
eating pussy

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lots of different interests......but my favorite way to spend time is probably doing stuff with my family.....traveling or going to our place out at a nudist campground about an hour from where we live. We have a cabin out in the woods .....it is kind of like we have the place all to ourselves. (I think it used to be a peanut farm before it was purchased for a nudist camp) In the mornings we take the kids for nature walks and to get exercise. I prepare simple meals for us in our cabin. We spend a lot of time by the outdoor swimming pool. My husband likes to read. I enjoy playing sports....(so I am usually trying to recruit people to play sand volleyball or tennis or even water volleyball.) Just seems like there is something that everyone likes to do out at our place at the nudist camp. I also like to entertain and throw parties. My husband isn't quite as social as I am so I have had to try and balance and be respectful of his wishes (and maybe his moods).

Anyways, whether our place is the social hub or not I still enjoy getting away from it all when we go to a nudist place. I don't have to worry about what I am going to wear that day.