What Do You Lose?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You stole my line!

Apart from that, I NEVER can find any socks. I lost my slippers for a year then they came back to me...and GLOVES. I always lose my winter gloves and I stopped buying them now. :redface:

Sorry!

But speaking of gloves, I never buy any because I don't need them: I'm always losing my fingers! :biggrin1:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh if you could see me rolling on the floor right now! I thought I was the only one who ever did that! I always blame it on my blonde hair...:biggrin1:

I was blonde for the first three years of my life. It all goes back to your roots.:rolleyes:

Honestly, losing things is my super power. As soon as I start looking for something it ceases to exist for the duration of the looking period. Several hours to days later and I will virtually trip over the stupid whateveritwas.

I've learned that the quickest way for me to find something is to buy another of the same. Within three days of the second purchase the original will surface.

Of course by then you've lost the reciept....

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was blonde for the first three years of my life. It all goes back to your roots.:rolleyes:

Honestly, losing things is my super power. As soon as I start looking for something it ceases to exist for the duration of the looking period. Several hours to days later and I will virtually trip over the stupid whateveritwas.

I've learned that the quickest way for me to find something is to buy another of the same. Within three days of the second purchase the original will surface.

Of course by then you've lost the reciept....

Of course!:smile: Girl, you are living my life!:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've learned that the quickest way for me to find something is to buy another of the same. Within three days of the second purchase the original will surface. Of course by then you've lost the reciept....

Yup that's me too! :smile::redface: I frequently lose, Phillips screwdrivers, hammers, 25' tape measures, 14K & 18K gold jewelry, umbrellas, good leather gloves, tank tops. Every time I move I discover I own 3 hammers and 4 Phillips screwdrivers. :redface: I now own a tool box which contains everything. :biggrin1: I am proud to say all my tools including my circular saw made it from New Jersey to Georgia.

Like SpoiledPrincess, I never lose costume jewelry, sterling silver, or 10K gold.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't do much diy, but on the occasions I do I can put a screw down on an empty white work top and it goes missing.

The quickest way for me to lose something important is to put it in a 'safe' place.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When one loses something, you were inconsistent and unfocused. Or someone came along and moved them without your permission.

Make a list of things you tend to lose. It could be your keys, your eyeglasses, your winning Powerball ticket *, your wallet, your cellphone, your IPOD, your Palm PDA, your sanity, whatever. Assign a spot for them and only for those objects. For example:
I always keep my keys in my left front pocket of my jeans. My wallet in the right front pocket. My Palm PDA goes in my right front pocket, too. My cellphone stays in my commuter bag. Wherever I keep my charger cords, I put my commuter bag so I can hook my cellphone to the charger. I place my eyeglasses, my keys, my wallet, and my Palm PDA on the nightstand near my bed when I get ready for bed. I develop an awareness of my personal belongings--treasure or trash. So in the morning, I go through my personal hygiene regiment. Get dressed. Put on my glasses. Put my keys in my left front pocket, my wallet and my Palm PDA in my right front pocket. Get my cellphone off the charger put it in my commuter bag. I am ready for the world.

So remember with consistency and focus, you can consistently find your stuff. (* No, I do not have a winning Powerball ticket. :smile:)

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm forever losing my wallet. I always keep it in my back pocket and whenever I feel for it and it's not there I go through a mini freak-out routine. I don't know why though as it's only ever in two places - down the side of my car seat, or in a pair of pants that are in the laundry basket. I usually manage to rescue it before it does hit the washer, but on two occasions I haven't. The first time I had $180 in it that ended up pretty much destroyed, and the second time it had a bunch of bank cards in it that I had to have replaced. I'm such a shit-for-brains really.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I never lose stuff. I keep track of my things like a madman. My sisters are always losing their stuff and are terrible at keeping track of where things like their important papers are. Not me, I have a sixth sense as to where I've left stuff and I always know where everything is. I also tend to keep things such as my keys and coin purse (my wallet) on me at all times and never set them down for even a second when I'm away from home. It can sometimes be a curse to be this attached to things, but the good thing is that I've never lost one important thing of mine.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you lose stuff, lots of people are forever losing their keys...
In the last 4-5 weeks, I have misplaced at different times: a debit card, credit card, membership card and my keys to the jacuzzi. Oh, yeah... and $6,500 in cash I keep for emergencies. I know the cards aren't being used; I am reasonably certain all of it is within 20 feet of where I am sitting as I write this, just not in their regular places.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
In the last 4-5 weeks, I have misplaced at different times: a debit card, credit card, membership card and my keys to the jacuzzi. Oh, yeah... and $6,500 in cash I keep for emergencies. I know the cards aren't being used; I am reasonably certain all of it is within 20 feet of where I am sitting as I write this, just not in their regular places.
OMG! I'd be tearing the house up right now if I couldn't find things like that!:eek::biggrin: