What Do You Love About The Politics Forum?

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If anyone has a problem with it, it’s their problem.
Madame Zora said it best in her legendary response.

That takes me back, WAY BACK, to my first year at LPSG. I "Liked" Madame Zora's "Fuck right off" response then, and I still "Like" it, now.

:)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
That explains it. Good choice to go with bold face—you and our other friend. Hopefully, it’s an easy fix to an annoying challenge. I have had detached retinas in both eyes—one a successful repair, the other not. So, like you, in wanting to be responsible in online writing, careful editing is necessary in the limited time we’re given. I also have the joy of working around another challenge on top of the other. To your credit, you’ve always been an intelligent high level detailed responsible writer. I understand where you are coming from, and commend you for taking this accommodation. You’ve always been bold as poster, so why not go bold in presentation? If anyone has a problem with it, it’s their problem. Madame Zora said it best in her legendary response.

Yes, as I've explained in the past, it's why I use bold font too. I don't use it in et cetera because some object to its look, the atmosphere there is more laid back, and I don't write as much so I don't have to proofread as much.

For awhile I tried the lighter text, even putting it in verdana for easier readability, but on post 20,000 I gave up on struggling with it. Hopefully I've made an acceptable compromise by putting my words in bold and placing quoted material (that I usually don't have to proofread) in the verdana.

And yes, I agree with the rest of what you've written about @ActionBuddy 's efforts and I applaud your efforts as well, C.Sam.

That takes me back, WAY BACK, to my first year at LPSG. I "Liked" Madame Zora's "Fuck right off" response then, and I still "Like" it, now.

:)

Yes. Madame Z. She was INDEED legendary, was she not?

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I will say, though, that I highly doubt this website was started as some sort of high minded art and music group with a parody title either. And then someone decides to *actually* make it about penises and sex? Right. You also don’t know how long I have been lurking here before I finally created an account. The owner asked for opinions, and even he said the politics forum is nasty etc. etc. And I said delete all forums not having to do with penises or sex.
I won't be responding to (or reading) anything from you again.

Contrary to what you believe Freddie53 was correct. In fact the original owner of this site liked political discussions and created many such threads as mentioned by Madame Zora here:

An explanation of bannings

Quote: Madame Zora:
1) The site was sold. Normally, this might not have been a huge problem, but our former owner, Mr. Mark, was very hands-on. He started a lot of political threads in Etc and was a fierce defender or free speech. Let me re-emphasise fierce. Many of us who joined during his ownership are here for exactly that reason, and he owned the site for about five years, I think. He'd had mods for a while, but decided to disband them. I'm not sure why, it happened before I joined. When things went a direction he didn't like, he'd say a few choice words and people would straighted up and fly right, or the rest of the group would call them out. We got to know what was expected, and we held each other to some pretty high standards. We expected someone to go through a period of getting to know their way around before they were considered an "equal" in terms of voice. We all went through it, so no one was really resentful.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Contrary to what you believe Freddie53 was correct. In fact the original owner of this site liked political discussions and created many such threads as mentioned by Madame Zora here:

An explanation of bannings

Quote: Madame Zora:
1) The site was sold. Normally, this might not have been a huge problem, but our former owner, Mr. Mark, was very hands-on. He started a lot of political threads in Etc and was a fierce defender or free speech. Let me re-emphasise fierce. Many of us who joined during his ownership are here for exactly that reason, and he owned the site for about five years, I think. He'd had mods for a while, but decided to disband them. I'm not sure why, it happened before I joined. When things went a direction he didn't like, he'd say a few choice words and people would straighted up and fly right, or the rest of the group would call them out. We got to know what was expected, and we held each other to some pretty high standards. We expected someone to go through a period of getting to know their way around before they were considered an "equal" in terms of voice. We all went through it, so no one was really resentful.
Thanks for posting these words from "Legend of Madame Zora!"

Not sure who was the owner at the time, but there became a need to separate ETC into ETC and Politics so each could have more space for posts and replies.

ASexMrHung1

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Question to the Mods: Is there anyway to completely remove the Politics forum from the main page of the site, like make it so that we only see what we want to see and can favorite certain forums so we never see shit from other forums that we have no interest in? In 7 weeks I've learned that any dissenting views here are met with ridicule and mockery, cries of 'fake news', or accusations of --ism, I don't need to see this shit when I'm on a website that is here to just have some fun and fuck around. This place is vile.

cycleguy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Question to the Mods: Is there anyway to completely remove the Politics forum from the main page of the site, like make it so that we only see what we want to see and can favorite certain forums so we never see shit from other forums that we have no interest in? In 7 weeks I've learned that any dissenting views here are met with ridicule and mockery, cries of 'fake news', or accusations of --ism, I don't need to see this shit when I'm on a website that is here to just have some fun and fuck around. This place is vile.
Vile is a good word to describe this forum.

Reactions: ASexMrHung1

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Question to the Mods: Is there anyway to completely remove the Politics forum from the main page of the site, like make it so that we only see what we want to see and can favorite certain forums so we never see shit from other forums that we have no interest in? In 7 weeks I've learned that any dissenting views here are met with ridicule and mockery, cries of 'fake news', or accusations of --ism, I don't need to see this shit when I'm on a website that is here to just have some fun and fuck around.
Don't click. You won't see more than a silhouette of 'this shit.' Won't hurt.
Click on what actually interests you.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

The simple solution for you, @ASexMrHung1, is to not "click" on the Politics Forum's link. I don't understand why you people who claim to hate the Politics Forum so much, keep coming back to it, only to whine about it?

I am totally not interested dildoes and butt-plugs... Guess what I do when I see that there is a new thread about dildoes and butt-plugs in one of the Forums on LPSG's Home Page?... I ignore it!... I don't "click" on it, to open it. I actively make the choice to NOT read things that don't interest me. Imagine that.

Why can't you go on with your business here and pursue your interests, instead of trying to prevent political discussions in a Forum that you voluntarily opened, but claim to hate. Be an "ADULT"... Put on your "Big-Boy Pants", and Grow up!

A/B

Last edited:

ASexMrHung1

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The simple solution for you, @ASexMrHung1, is to not "click" on the Politics Forum's link. I don't understand why you people who claim to hate the Politics Forum so much, keep coming back to it, only to whine about it?

I am totally not interested dildoes and butt-plugs... Guess what I do when I see that there is a new thread about dildoes and butt-plugs in one of the Forums on LPSG's Home Page?... I ignore it!... I don't "click" on it, to open it. I actively make the choice to NOT read things that don't interest me. Imagine that.

Why can't you go on with your business here and pursue your interests, instead of trying to prevent political discussions in a Forum that you voluntarily opened, but claim to hate. Be an "ADULT"... Put on your "Big-Boy Pants", and Grow up!

A/B

Telling me to grow up when this is the kind of response you have to someone calling out the intolerant way people patrol this section of the forum? You aren't focusing on the important part of my post, pal. "I've learned that any dissenting views here are met with ridicule and mockery, cries of 'fake news', or accusations of --ism,"

Might I ask, where a no gif/meme rule come from?

It's like a car wreck when you can't look away, I'm embarrassed to call myself a liberal with some of the stuff I've seen written here.

Whatever, doesn't matter. Bye.

Reactions: Hakan1

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Telling me to grow up when this is the kind of response you have to someone calling out the intolerant way people patrol this section of the forum? You aren't focusing on the important part of my post, pal. "I've learned that any dissenting views here are met with ridicule and mockery, cries of 'fake news', or accusations of --ism,"

Might I ask, where a no gif/meme rule come from? It's like a car wreck when you can't look away, I'm embarrassed to call myself a liberal with some of the stuff I've seen written here.

Bye, bye, babe.

A/B

Reactions: Freddie53

cycleguy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

A/B
Is amazing- read this post and its language "you people, big boy pants, whine", and then change the name on the forum from politics to race relations and tell me if that would be tolerated.

ASexMrHung1

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is amazing- read this post and its language "you people, big boy pants, whine", and then change the name on the forum from politics to race relations and tell me if that would be tolerated.

Deranged people man, scary times ahead

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can’t follow up and clarify any of my thoughts?
Why would he? When you said 'bye,' you implied you were gone, wouldn't be able to read any reply he happened to leave.
To make this even clearer, your penultimate comment was "whatever, doesn't matter."

Here is the full quote:

ASexMrHung1

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why would he? When you said 'bye,' you implied you were gone, wouldn't be able to read any reply he happened to leave.
To make this even clearer, your penultimate comment was "whatever, doesn't matter."

Here is the full quote:

it doesn’t matter because all it does is breed hate and there is more than enough in this section of the site. I said my piece and I’m over it.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can’t follow up and clarify any of my thoughts?

Thanks,
Conan. Peace to all. But, let's keep arguing our political viewpoints. That's what politics is about. It's not about agreeing about everything and being nice and polite to people with viewpoints that you find abhorrent.

A/B

Last edited: