What do you non-christians typically do on Xmas?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know many Jewish friends who go for Chinese food on Christmas as they are the only restaurants open usually.

If you are a non-christian or don't celebrate Xmas, what do you typically do on Dec 25?

Watch telly, see mates or go for a drive. :)

It's not that I'm non-Christian exactly - just don't keep Christmas.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some years it's just another working day.

Some years the family gets together and celebrates a non-religious Christmas in the traditional way. It's more about getting together with the people who are important in our lives and reaffirming the bonds of love. Baby Jesus doesn't enter into the picture at all in our family.

Well, can I suggest Sherlock Holmes? It's out in the States on Christmas Day (we have to wait till Boxing Day here). Or Avatar, if you must. ;)

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I give gifts, open those that are given to me, eat a big meal. Christmas is a secular holiday really. It was intentionally placed at the feast-time of the other major religions. I see no need to not to celebrate something that doesn't have much for religious base to it anyway.

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Celebrate it as usual.Even though I am Atheist I still celebrate Christmas just not having anything to do with religion or pertaining to it in anyway.Christmas to me is about family and friends being with the ones you love not a religious belief.But thats solely my opinion and I respect those who believe in whatever it is in which they believe in.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obviously you aren't Jewish or you would know you are supposed to eat Chinese or Thai food then go to the movies. That's what all my Jewish friends used to do in New Jersey, Massachusetts, and DC. :cool: :smile:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obviously you aren't Jewish or you would know you are supposed to eat Chinese or Thai food then go to the movies. That's what all my Jewish friends used to do in New Jersey, Massachusetts, and DC. :cool: :smile:

You didn't get the memo? It's Indian restaurants these days as most of the many vegetarian dishes are kosher. Yesh.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I end up with not much to do, which bothers me increasingly. I have entertained the idea of hosting what I would call a "non-Christmas party," but I don't have enough space in my apartment for any such thing -- it gets crowded in here if even three people are here at the same time. Anyway, most of the acquaintances that I have here are, like me, from other parts of the country, and I think most of them leave town for the holiday.

You didn't get the memo? It's Indian restaurants these days as most of the many vegetarian dishes are kosher. Yesh.
I wonder if you knew that "Yesh!" is an expression in Hebrew.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
Enjoy quality time with family and friends. Rejoice that the relentless Xmas music and commercial hype will finally subside.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sleep in and then be left alone for the rest of the day, to read, work on hobbies watch news about all those people hitting the day after sales.