what do you percieve this as?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Mr 604753, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Mr 604753

Mr 604753 New Member

Ok im pretty much metrosexual hahaha
    Im a 21 year old guy, have a clean shaved face all the time, pluck my eyebrows really thin, and pretty much wax or shave everything (not everything).
    Now whenever i happen to hang around girls, which is a rarity cause i would rather do things with people i have things in common with....they constantly ask me if im gay. Now i have no problem with this as most of my friends gay are and i obviously like girls. I just like the way they dress so i do like that cause thats me and thats my style and i can dress however i want.
    But they consistently ask over and over.....are they trying to intimidate or what?
    Its REALLY annoying where i wanna slap em but obviously thats bad :)
    Is it an immature thing? I dont talk to girls over my age so im limited to 18-20 right now...prersonal preferance.
    What do you guys think?
    I am not changing the way i dress or take care of myself cause thats my business and personal hygiene.
    Thanks

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Hi,
    Im 100% gay and have a straight friend much like you, metrosexual and percieved by many as ambiguously gay. I've known him since he was 18 (had a secret crush on him for years), and he is 39 now and finally admitted he is still a virgin and frustrated. He is boyish but not femme, and just can't seem to attract any younger women, though many older fat or divoced women seem to come on to him. He politely avoids them as he does the gay guys, but seems to have more in common with those guys - fashion, arts, etc. My coming out to him a few years ago seems to have strenghtened our friendship, but I do feel for his loneliness, as he feels for mine at times. He seems to admire the fact that although my lover has died 6 years ago, I am moving on and meeting other guys.
    I hope you are able to find someone to satisfy and be satisfied by; don't give up or get too discouraged by those that don't "get you". Many don't get me,straight and gay, but I just keep on plugging away (no pun intended).

3. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

*shrug*

Be yourself, man. If people don't like you for who you are . . . meh. Fuck 'em.

4. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

nothing wrong with a clean shaven face

pluck your eyebrows really thin, that screams homo, and if you draw them back on then your just plain old gay, play with penis or not,
    thats why most people think your gay and if you hang out with alot of gey men that wont help your case any. and stop plucking your eyebrows

5. transformer_99

Gold Member

To those that actually have the nerve to ask, throw it back on them, tell them that since they assume you to be gay becuase you are meticulous about your appearance, Ask them if that since they asked that question, retort, if you're supposed to assume they are stupid because they ask absurdly inane questions ?

6. Mr 604753

Mr 604753 New Member

haha ^ thanks!
    great hearing your guys' opinions
    later

Draft saved Draft deleted