What do you take off for a physical?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Went for a physical exam (really, semi-annual blood work) on Wednesday. The nurse said to "take off everything" and put on the poncho-like "drape." Previous nurses have said to strip to my underwear (which I take to mean shorts only, not including t-shirt).

I hate the "drape"; maybe that's another topic! I'm not at all modest; I've usually just stripped to my briefs, and my doc has never complained about my near-nudity.

How naked do you get at your doctor's office for an annual physical?

My doctor is very thorough, and actually wants to see all the external apparatus, and palpate the internal organs. (He's never made a comment about my penis, which is uncut, thick, and long. He just moves it out of the way as necessary...or asks me to hold it. He's very casual about it all.)

Reactions: brk

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
I changed to a new primary doctor a few years back and went to see him for a routine physical. Once in the exam room I was told to undress and put on the typical exam gown which opens in the front. The doctor came in the room and after the preliminary history questions had me lay back on his exam table so he could palpate my internal organs. I don't wear any underwear and when he opened the gown my cock was just sprawled across my thigh and he did a double take. He started pushing on my abdomen but pulled up short, looked at my cock and said, "You have quite an amazing specimen. It is very distracting.", and proceeded to grab a towel from an adjacent table and covered my loins. When I returned to the clinic a week later for some blood work, every female staff member looked at me with a sly smile and raised eyebrows. While I was in the phlebotomists room every one of them, from the receptionist to the billing clerk to the nurse practitioner, all stopped by for a quick chat. I can only imagine what the doctor told them.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you there is soooooooooooooooo Much FANTASY masquerading as real life it's funny. No one in the Doctor's Office cares about your dick. They are at WORK and their job is to keep YOU healthy. I have been a nurse in a variety of care settings and have NEVER had a colleague mention the size of a patient's dick.

D

deleted136887

I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you there is soooooooooooooooo Much FANTASY masquerading as real life it's funny. No one in the Doctor's Office cares about your dick. They are at WORK and their job is to keep YOU healthy. I have been a nurse in a variety of care settings and have NEVER had a colleague mention the size of a patient's dick.
I have to do a lot of physicals in my line of work in Asia, ME,Africa, and NEVER has a doctor or nurse been anything other than professional.
So maybe my cock is smaller than I think and does not get the doctors and nurses drooling.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Truth right there.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I undress however instructed by the nurse. If she says strip down to underwear, that's what I do. If she says remove everything, that's what I do. If she isn't clear, I ask.

For physicals, she says the doctor will examine me from head to toe, so strip completely and that's what I do.

Reactions: brk
D

deleted15807

Is there a choice? You do what's asked. If you can't do that don't go.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to do a lot of physicals in my line of work in Asia, ME,Africa, and NEVER has a doctor or nurse been anything other than professional.
So maybe my cock is smaller than I think and does not get the doctors and nurses drooling.
You don't get it. Dr's and Nurse's couldn't give a rat's ass about your dick. They are there to make sure you are healthy. Stop projecting YOUR fantasies on the medical PROFESSIONALS who take care of you.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate the gown. Used to strip to underwear and then doc would ask u to drop them at some point. Now it's roughly same but you are forced to wear the gown. It is a stupid thing that gets in the way and makes you feel like a dork. My new doctor is new school on modesty and has an apologetic tone when he gets to that part of exam and asks permission to "proceed" and narrates what he is doing. My last doc retired. He was nonchalant matter of fact and did not narrate. He gave polite instructions only.

D

deleted136887

You don't get it. Dr's and Nurse's couldn't give a rat's ass about your dick. They are there to make sure you are healthy. Stop projecting YOUR fantasies on the medical PROFESSIONALS who take care of you.
No IndustrialSize YOU read my post wrongly!
What I am saying is they are ALL TOTALLY PROFESIONAL and not once have they been anything but.
And I was AGREEING that health professionals do not give a rats ASS about my or anyone else's cock.
The last sentence was a bit of an attempt at humour with reference to the previous posters claiming nurses etc talk drool etc.
Obviously went down with you like a brick.
So if you care to reread my post and get the true meaning I would appreciate it.
If you happen to find it offensive I am sorry but please do not come out with guns blazing.
I happen to respect your posts and your profession.

Reactions: brk and 8inchfordoc

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
...Used to strip to underwear and then doc would ask u to drop them at some point.

Same here, but if it's for a physical (not a cough or a sore throat...) now I usually just get naked. Saves a lot of time for everybody.

The gown...is a stupid thing that gets in the way and makes you feel like a dork.

I'd rather be naked. It's not like I'm modest at all. "This is my body; I'm comfortable with it. You be, too."

My new doctor is new school on modesty and has an apologetic tone when he gets to that part of exam and asks permission to "proceed" and narrates what he is doing.

I like the narration part, especially if I can't see what he's doing. My doc answers questions, too, and explains things in a medium-grade medical sort of way. I like that. I hate to be talked down to like I'm a kid.

My doc doesn't ask permission. (that would be more than a little bit creepy) If I'm sitting naked in the exam room, he doesn't need my permission (again) to do what I want him to do.

My last doc retired. He was nonchalant matter of fact and did not narrate. He gave polite instructions only.

It took me a while to train this one. (he took over from my PCP five years ago.) This one's forty or so. (I don't really want to see a doctor who's significantly younger than me.) It doesn't bother him at all that I'm naked, so we're both ok.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I told the nurse I did not need the gown and was told it was required. So I looked like a dork and put the thing on. It is silly. I shower in an open bay with other guys most every morning. I don't need a gown to feel comfortable. Just the opposite.