What do you take off for a physical?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Went for a physical exam (really, semi-annual blood work) on Wednesday. The nurse said to "take off everything" and put on the poncho-like "drape." Previous nurses have said to strip to my underwear (which I take to mean shorts only, not including t-shirt).

I hate the "drape"; maybe that's another topic! I'm not at all modest; I've usually just stripped to my briefs, and my doc has never complained about my near-nudity.

How naked do you get at your doctor's office for an annual physical?

My doctor is very thorough, and actually wants to see all the external apparatus, and palpate the internal organs. (He's never made a comment about my penis, which is uncut, thick, and long. He just moves it out of the way as necessary...or asks me to hold it. He's very casual about it all.)

Reactions: brk

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you there is soooooooooooooooo Much FANTASY masquerading as real life it's funny. No one in the Doctor's Office cares about your dick. They are at WORK and their job is to keep YOU healthy. I have been a nurse in a variety of care settings and have NEVER had a colleague mention the size of a patient's dick.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last week I went to get my physical exam. My doctor was on vacation, so I had his physician's assistant, a young gay man who had only been a part of the clinical team for abut three months. After all of the prelims, the nurse told me to strip down to my underwear. She asked if I wanted a gown, but I declined. For the occasion I wore my white briefs which are a bit see-through ( not totally, but enough that you can see the outline of everything and the color of the skin underneath). I sat on the table and he walked in to do the exam. I had asked for the complete physical and an STI test, just to make sure everything was okay. After examining my abdomen and palpating, he asked me to sit up and asked a couple of questions concerning my sex habits. I told him I had been active in all three areas ( mouth, penis, and anus), so he decided to do some swabs. He asked if I was monogamous and I responded, " No, I'm a whore." He laughed and said that he would do the swabs along with my genital exam and DRE. So, he asked me to stand and drop my underpants. I did, and decided, since he was going to do so much, I would just step out of them completely and just be naked. He asked if I needed a gown and I responded that I was perfectly comfortable with nudity if he was. He said he was fine, so he did the genital exam, then the anal swab, and finally, the DRE with me standing for the first part and lying on my side for the last two. Then I got up and dressed. He was very professional and casual with my nudity, just as my PCP is. BTW, all of the tests were negative.

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
I changed to a new primary doctor a few years back and went to see him for a routine physical. Once in the exam room I was told to undress and put on the typical exam gown which opens in the front. The doctor came in the room and after the preliminary history questions had me lay back on his exam table so he could palpate my internal organs. I don't wear any underwear and when he opened the gown my cock was just sprawled across my thigh and he did a double take. He started pushing on my abdomen but pulled up short, looked at my cock and said, "You have quite an amazing specimen. It is very distracting.", and proceeded to grab a towel from an adjacent table and covered my loins. When I returned to the clinic a week later for some blood work, every female staff member looked at me with a sly smile and raised eyebrows. While I was in the phlebotomists room every one of them, from the receptionist to the billing clerk to the nurse practitioner, all stopped by for a quick chat. I can only imagine what the doctor told them.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The first time I went to my PCP, I was ushered into the exam room ( which was surprisingly very warm) by a male nurse. He told me to take my things off and get into the short cloth gown. I asked if it meant taking off my underwear and he said, " Well, he's going to want to look at everything, so take the underwear off." I did, put the gown on, and tied just the top part around my neck, leaving the backside exposed. I sat down on the table and the nurse came back in to take blood pressure, height, weight, etc. While standing on the scale, I felt that the back of my gown had opened, exposing my ass. Big deal, so the nurse saw my ass. Anyway the dr came in and did his exam. Toward the end, I lay down to he could palpate the stomach and internal organs. He told me to untie the gown and slip it down to expose my chest and stomach. I did, but purposely slipped it down a little more, exposing much of my groin. He did his palpation, then asked me to stand so he could examine my genitals. He pulled up an exam stool and sat as I was getting up off the table. I figured that I didn't want to bother retying the gown, so I just let it slip off as I got off the table to stand. I was totally naked during the genital and prostate exam. He didn't say anything and just proceeded with the exam. So, for the exam, I started out with the gown, but got rid of it later. Since he didn't seem to mind, I followed that same procedure during later exams and one in which I was examined by his colleague. Their practice is primarily for gay men, so i guess nudity is no big deal.

D

deleted300444

I had a full traditional physical this past November. I was semi surprised.

I expected: While clothes, I expected nurse to check vitals & then instruct me to undress & put on a gown.

What ocurred: No nurse. Doctor came in. Chatted. Then asked me to take off clothes so he could weigh me. I was 100% naked.

D

deleted136887

I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you there is soooooooooooooooo Much FANTASY masquerading as real life it's funny. No one in the Doctor's Office cares about your dick. They are at WORK and their job is to keep YOU healthy. I have been a nurse in a variety of care settings and have NEVER had a colleague mention the size of a patient's dick.
I have to do a lot of physicals in my line of work in Asia, ME,Africa, and NEVER has a doctor or nurse been anything other than professional.
So maybe my cock is smaller than I think and does not get the doctors and nurses drooling.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to do a lot of physicals in my line of work in Asia, ME,Africa, and NEVER has a doctor or nurse been anything other than professional.
So maybe my cock is smaller than I think and does not get the doctors and nurses drooling.
You don't get it. Dr's and Nurse's couldn't give a rat's ass about your dick. They are there to make sure you are healthy. Stop projecting YOUR fantasies on the medical PROFESSIONALS who take care of you.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate the gown. Used to strip to underwear and then doc would ask u to drop them at some point. Now it's roughly same but you are forced to wear the gown. It is a stupid thing that gets in the way and makes you feel like a dork. My new doctor is new school on modesty and has an apologetic tone when he gets to that part of exam and asks permission to "proceed" and narrates what he is doing. My last doc retired. He was nonchalant matter of fact and did not narrate. He gave polite instructions only.

D

deleted136887

You don't get it. Dr's and Nurse's couldn't give a rat's ass about your dick. They are there to make sure you are healthy. Stop projecting YOUR fantasies on the medical PROFESSIONALS who take care of you.
No IndustrialSize YOU read my post wrongly!
What I am saying is they are ALL TOTALLY PROFESIONAL and not once have they been anything but.
And I was AGREEING that health professionals do not give a rats ASS about my or anyone else's cock.
The last sentence was a bit of an attempt at humour with reference to the previous posters claiming nurses etc talk drool etc.
Obviously went down with you like a brick.
So if you care to reread my post and get the true meaning I would appreciate it.
If you happen to find it offensive I am sorry but please do not come out with guns blazing.
I happen to respect your posts and your profession.

Reactions: brk and 8inchfordoc

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I told the nurse I did not need the gown and was told it was required...

Required by whom?? Show me the rule book.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell." I don't need some nurse's permission to get naked in an exam room with a closed door. (She never came back in the room, either.) The exam room cupboard where they stored the gowns was labeled (I love super-organized people), so I just put the gown back in the cupboard, and stripped. My doc never said anything (and i know he doesn't care what I do or don't wear, so long as his examination can be complete); when he came in, he just started the exam.

Reactions: brk and miamirt

charlie59horse

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Everything! I am told to "strip completely and then to don an exam gown with the opening in the back."

I never tie the back of the gown as it always is placed in my lap for chest and back auscultation. Next, I am instructed to place my torso onto the exam table and the gown only covers my genitals. I stand ... and toss aside the gown for the genital and prostate exams.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I undress however instructed by the nurse. If she says strip down to underwear, that's what I do. If she says remove everything, that's what I do. If she isn't clear, I ask.

For physicals, she says the doctor will examine me from head to toe, so strip completely and that's what I do.

Reactions: brk

brk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was at the urologist a few times recently. Each time I first met the nurse who asked questions and took vitals and then the doctor came in after. Both times I was told to stay dressed until the doctor came in. He just said lets have a look and I opened my shorts and dropped them and my boxers. He was very professional but was not shy about the examination.

Reactions: sprinter78

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
99.99 % of healthcare professionals are true and genuine, to their oath of patient first care. But in every profession there are wolves in sheep clothing, hell lets just call them pervs, who use their positions not just for professional purposed; but to get their own jollies. Predators work in every profession and those previous posters who were genuinely asked to strip for something like a flu shot, well then don't smile, You were victimized and taken advantage of

I am one of the first to say many LPSG members do not know facts from their own fantasy's. But as I was once on the receiving end of such a health care predator, I know they do exist. Sadly youth and stupidity, do often go hand in hand

Reactions: meningreentights

coolestguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was asked to remove everything except underwear then put on a gown. During the exam, my Dr would remove part of the gown just enough to perform the exam. When it is time for genital check, I would drop the underwear and lift up the gown.

Reactions: Space_Nerd