What do you think a man is?

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... is it the way a male looks, dresses, the way he acts, his abilities, his achievements, how strong he is, how smart he is, or is it what he believes in that makes that male a man.

ladies, and guys, what is your perspective of a man is or should be.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
]... is it the way a male looks, dresses, the way he acts, his abilities, his achievements, how strong he is, how smart he is, or is it what he believes in that makes that male a man.[/B]

ladies, and guys, what is your perspective of a man is or should be.

:confused: What is the question you really want to ask, cause I suspect you are dancing around a deeper issue.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A "real" man should be tall, big, strong, confident, handsome, muscular, smart, decisive, caring, and well hung. I'm not many of those things. Maybe I'm not a "real" man?

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, if he's male and he's an adult, he's a man.

well i guess, but to me that just makes him an adult.

i guess i'll go first. i know this might seem like a male thing to say but, i think what makes a man is his actions and toughness(dosen't have to be physical toughness but mental toughness). also someone one with integrity and willing to admit when he is wrong or doing somthing that needs to be done. very vague but i think you get my point.

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A man is someone who will be there when needed.Someone who can help others when in trouble.Someone who is looked up to by others.Someone who doesnt like acolades.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well i guess, but to me that just makes him an adult.

i'll guess i'll go first. i know this might seem like a male thing to say but, i think what makes a man is his actions and toughness(dosen't have to be physical toughness but mental toughness). also someon one with integrity and willing to admit when he is wrong or saying somthing that needs to be done. very vague but i think you get my point.

I think a woman can do all those things too. But a woman can't be a male adult, so that is what makes a man a man. OK... I am getting into uncomfortable territory for me here since nearly everyone (not just probably here but IRL too) disagrees with my views on these related subjects. I will stop here before I meet with hostility.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'scuse you. :mad: You just got here, you have no clue what a kind and decent person he is. Viking1 is more man than you could ever hope to be.

granted, i've only been here a couple days, but i see him complaining about his body and penis all over the forum. he needs to realize those things arent what makes him a man, and become mre agressive. perhaps my words were harsh, but his post was far more insulting to himself than anything i wrote.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:confused: What is the question you really want to ask, cause I suspect you are dancing around a deeper issue.

a deeper issue... maybe. but i don't feel like a man, and thats only because i'm 19 and still have a lot of growing up to do. and i know i'm not alone because i know a see many males older than me who act straight up childish.

this isn't a soul searching thread. i'm just curious on what do you guys think a real man is.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a deeper issue... maybe. but i don't feel like a man, and thats only because i'm 19 and still have a lot of growing up to do. and i know i'm not alone because i know a see many males older than me who act straight up childish.

this isn't a soul searching thread. i'm just curious on what do you guys think a real man is.

Could very well be your age. I didn't feel like a woman at age 19 either. Sometimes I don't feel like a woman even at age 44! Part of me is still a kid! :biggrin1: (but the key is to act childlike rather than childish! The part of me that is still a kid is mostly childlike, but I can occasionally be childish as well.)

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
granted, i've only been here a couple days, but i see him complaining about his body and penis all over the forum. he needs to realize those things arent what makes him a man, and become mre agressive. perhaps my words were harsh, but his post was far more insulting to himself than anything i wrote.

Nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. You didn't say anything that wasn't correct. However, changing is easier said than done for some of us.
I really have wondered if I am a "real man" for most of my life.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Granted, I've only been here a couple days, but I see him complaining about his body and penis all over the forum. He needs to realize those things aren't what makes him a man, and become more aggressive. Perhaps my words were harsh, but his post was far more insulting to himself than anything I wrote.
That may be, but that's not the point. You went off topic to attack one of the most respected and loved members of LPSG. That is not cool and will not be tolerated.

a deeper issue... maybe. but i don't feel like a man, and thats only because i'm 19 and still have a lot of growing up to do. and i know i'm not alone because i know a see many males older than me who act straight up childish. Don't compare yourself to them! Men who act like children rarely know it; and if they do they don't care. Kinda like people with bad breath always have to be told.