What do you think about tattoos?

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Folks...

What is your opinion of tattoos? On men? On women?
If you like tattoos, do you find a particular location on the body sexier than anouther?

Certain styles your favorite? (tribal, old world, black and grey, portraits or religous themes or styles)

If you don't like, say so... but, I think tattoos seem to be a love it or leave it thing.

D

deleted213967

I have been wondering about the future of the tat generation. Will a prominent tattoo in 2040 become an old man's / woman's attribute if tattoos gradually lose popularity with the general public?

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

Account Disabled
Media
I am incredibly turned on by guys with tattoos.

I once walked out without saying a word during a blind date because the guy was badmouthing the kind of people who would get tattoos or pierce things. Maybe I should have taken my shirt off so he could see just who it was he was dissing but I didn't. If someone does not like me because of my tats that is their problem and I guess I don't need them as a friend, lover or whatever.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a few - on my arms and torso. For me, it's just about bodily adornment. I don't pretend they have any real meaning. Strangely enough, I'm not too keen on tattoos on women. I think it's a masculinity thing.

Reactions: Easom

superslam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when done properly and complimentary to the body and to the tattoo, they can be awesome. when its random stupid shit tatted on some guys arm it is the stupidest thing ever

Reactions: JockVamp

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I like them if they make sense for the person. I have 4 (shoulder, ankle, lower abdomen and around my arm) and they're all Celtic. My folks are from Ireland and I feel really connected to my roots through the artwork. Kinda like the adage that the only names you should ever tattoo on your body are your mother or your kids because they'll never change... I'll always be Irish.

I think tats can be sexy as hell, but again it's all about the context. I know someone with, for example, Tweetie Bird tattooed on his ass. And I don't find it hot at all. :biggrin1:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If it's part of a scheme, they can look great, but when you get random, unconnected tats here and there, I don't think it looks good at all. Just look at people like David Beckham and Robbie Williams. They've got so many confused images and bits of text here and there. Taken individually, each tat is OK, but put them all together and it's not flattering.

Years ago, I lived on the Isle of Skye, and met the Leopard Man. For those of you who've never heard of him, he used to be a manager with one of the big English companies, but gave all that up. He had his whole body tattooed with leopard spots and went to live on the west coast of Scotland. As far as I know, he spends most of his time naked or in a speedo, but gets dressed to go to the bank and go shopping etc. Anyway, that's beside the point. He decided on a theme and stuck with it. I think that looks better than having a red devil on your shoulder, a Sanskrit inscription on your chest, Celtic knots around your belly button and barbed wire on your biceps.

I like the idea of getting a tattoo myself, but I haven't found a design or scheme that I can be sure I'd want to stick with for the rest of my life and I'd rather not end up looking like a primary school project.

I LOVE tattoos, they're very addictive, I have a total of four now, the most recent one being the one on my arm, almost a half sleeve, it took 8.5 hours to complete and was designed be me

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey Folks...

What is your opinion of tattoos? On men? On women?
If you like tattoos, do you find a particular location on the body sexier than anouther?

Certain styles your favorite? (tribal, old world, black and grey, portraits or religous themes or styles)

If you don't like, say so... but, I think tattoos seem to be a love it or leave it thing.
.........................AWSOME :wink:

jrpsrqfl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think tattoos are hot. But to each his own. Until society is more accepting, I find that I have to have mine placed as not to show at work. I have included a picture of part of my body art (tattoo).

Attachments

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A few of my uncles got tatoos when they were in the service, but my dad didn't. I associated tatoos with World War II vets when I was a child.

Then in the '80s, young people started to get them. Personally, they don't do anything for me. The best way to make artwork of your body is to spend time outdoors doing sport, doing cardio, and working out at the gym. A fit, tan, natural look is the most appealing to me.

horsehungtim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that's what i like to hear :)

I am incredibly turned on by guys with tattoos.

I once walked out without saying a word during a blind date because the guy was badmouthing the kind of people who would get tattoos or pierce things. Maybe I should have taken my shirt off so he could see just who it was he was dissing but I didn't. If someone does not like me because of my tats that is their problem and I guess I don't need them as a friend, lover or whatever.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like them if they are art not graffiti.

I spent a long time trying to figure out what kind of tattoo I wanted. I even went out and learned how to read Egyptian Hieroglyphics and other dead languages.

I decided that I didn't want a bumper sticker; I wanted body art / decoration.

My artiest said over 50% of their work is putting names or initials on some one. They HATE that. They make a lot of money on putting names on people. The tattoo artiest are artists. Mine has art work all over the city. They take pride in their work, they don't like it when someone else works on their work, &c.

Right now have upper back done and working on arms to elbows, around 10 hours. All custom work. Still have the chest to do; when finished all ribs will be covered, a bit past the elbows back, down to ribs; and up back of neck and just above neck line. I think I am just under 1/2 way done with my tattoo. I have a feeling this is going to go the full sleeve route.

Then we start adding color :firedevil: won't start that until next November.

Good thing I don't have an addiction problems what so ever.

I am not sure what to call this stuff -> Sleeves Clothing Tattooed Shirts Apparel