What do you think about tattoos?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like them at all. Of course some are better than others but I just don't get doing something that is so permanent. I think the business to go into for the future is tatoo removal. Surely a lot of people (not all) are going to regret extensive tatoos.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I don't like tattoos or body piercings. I find the human body, particularly the female body, to be quite beautiful on its own and not needing adornment, especially the permanent kind.

Tattoos also immediately make me think of hepatitis even though I know that is an antiquated belief.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hate 'em. A lot of tattos makes a person looks diseased. Gross! Especially on women.

Good. When a real man who looks past things like tattoos comes along and doesn't judge me entirely based off of my outward appearance I'll be giggling to myself, and more than happy I looked diseased to people like you. :)

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not into them on me - others, depends.

Also - ideas and feelings change over the years - some may wish they never had a particular tat - rough to remove, no?

here's my answer to people who say that to me:

all of my tattoos mean something specifically meaningful to me. usually revolving around personal beliefs, experiences, or family. i don't regret anything in my life, because it's made me the person i am today.

getting a tattoo and then wishing it weren't there would be me saying to myself that at one point i didn't like who i was or what i had gone through. everything in my life is a part of me.
every tattoo is a representation of that.

if i were to remove it, i'd be removing a part of my life that i specifically put there at one point on this earth to remind me of something, or to put my experiences/beliefs into visual art for the world to see.

i could never hate or regret it.
it's apart of me, and more importantly it's who i AM.

some people collect stamps, some people collect rare coins...
i collect art. it just so happens to be on my skin.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like tattoos, on men and women.

I particularly love to see heavily tattooed men, but only if the tattoos are high quality. I know it's not always popular but I really like to see a nicely tattooed neck on a guy!

Attached a pic of my favourite tattoo... excuse the toe nails, they're usually paintly much more neatly.

that's quite sweet. i like it. you should get it a bit touched up when you can. :) it might just be the picture, though, but it seems some of the black and green has fallen out.

also...love tattoos on the neck. not generic one's, but if it's some high quality work, and an amazing image or something original SO fucking hot.

a full sleeve of amazing work could quite possibly bring me to my knees.

D_Hilda Headlamps

Experimental Member
Media
great reply christinab! I have 6 myself...and all are very personal and represent a part of my life. are they coverable? YES. I am a teacher, but the school district that I am at has no policy. Quite a few school districts are taking the policies out....too many of the kids coming out of the teaching colleges have them now. Does this mean I am going to be flashing my tramp stamp at my students? HELL NO. I didn't get my first until I was 32! I knew exactly what I was getting myself in to! you know.....what I do hate is people who are judgemental about someone because of something on their skin. a tattoo does not make you less educated, more trashy, less valued...i see people who fit that bill perfectly without ANY skin art!
Yes....the art does make a difference. I have seen some very sexy, high quality work. I have also seen some very bad work...NOT SO SEXY lolol. You get what you pay for! Would I get more? HELL YES!!! A lot more? no! but I do have several areas in mind......

Reactions: Pintapride

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
great reply christinab! I have 6 myself...and all are very personal and represent a part of my life. are they coverable? YES. I am a teacher, but the school district that I am at has no policy. Quite a few school districts are taking the policies out....too many of the kids coming out of the teaching colleges have them now. Does this mean I am going to be flashing my tramp stamp at my students? HELL NO. I didn't get my first until I was 32! I knew exactly what I was getting myself in to! you know.....what I do hate is people who are judgemental about someone because of something on their skin. a tattoo does not make you less educated, more trashy, less valued...i see people who fit that bill perfectly without ANY skin art!
Yes....the art does make a difference. I have seen some very sexy, high quality work. I have also seen some very bad work...NOT SO SEXY lolol. You get what you pay for! Would I get more? HELL YES!!! A lot more? no! but I do have several areas in mind......

Thanks, doll. :) One of my favourite examples is an interview with a CEO of an entire company. She takes her suite jacket off, and her arms are done in beautiful FULL sleeves on both arms. She looked absolutely fabulous, and no one in her office knows. She wears long suit jackets all day long! haha!

I actually noticed a lot more of the younger teachers when I was in HS with foot/ankle tattoos, wrist tattoos, some on their back...

Never too noticeable, but I was always fairly observant.
I'm very happy the policies are going. It's really an unnecessary bias.

Oh jeez, the bagel shop around the corner from my job has this like 5'5"/5'6", tattooed (neck, too!), pierced guy, a tad scruffy, but...HE'S SO CUTE. Everytime I go in I can't help but blush. He always makes sure to try to help me if others are working behind the counter, and he seems fairly interested, but I'm too chicken. lol.

I hope you show us when you get some more work done. :) I'd love to see.

I have a fairly large one on my upper back but it has meaning in my life. Real Spiritual and Emotional connections that will never change in my heart or mind. I have several other planned tattoos that while different will flow perfectly with the one I already have. A tattoo without meaning is just a waste of money and ink in my opinion. There haqve been some Ladies with very tasteful and tastefully placed ones that have my dick twitch just by glimpsing them ;)

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On some men they look amazing. At the gym I see guys that have done such odd shit that they look as if they have the plague. I also think young people need to wait until they are older. Not a fan of ink on face and neck.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Not generally a fan myself - especially the One Direction style of just applying random, scruffy, unrelated tattoos and meaningless words - although I do like the look of a large, tribal arm tattoo or a well-themed sleeve. The shallow end of me finds cock tattoos quite fascinating as well.

Would never get one myself. I really don't understand the point (generally) of tattoos, piercings, rings, earrings, neckchains or any adornments.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not a fan of tattoos, and there are some employers who will not hire a tattooed or pierced person for jobs involving dealing with the public. I don't see that changing for a while, because they are a turnoff for a significant number of people. If you want to decorate your body that way, no problem. It's your body. Just realize that tattoos, especially garish or poorly-done ones, can create a negative first impression.