What do you think about the female gender role?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which role are you referring to? Wife? Check. Mother? Check. CEO? Check. Business owner? Check. General Contractor? Check.

I've never let being female define me or limit me. I can celebrate it when I want or transcend it when I need to. It's a woman's prerogative to do so, you know.

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In many ways it suits me extremely well. In other ways it fucking ruins my life. I'm sure that the majority of women and men would also find this to be the case to varying degrees if they examine it all.

Do you prefer a society with strong gender roles or one with loose ones then?

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In many ways it suits me extremely well. In other ways it fucking ruins my life. I'm sure that the majority of women and men would also find this to be the case to varying degrees if they examine it all.

And in what ways does it ruin your life?

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I define myself. Parts that fit, fine; the parts that don’t, I toss away.
Likewise. I’m all for paving my own path, but also being thankful to the feminists who have helped to clear the path.

The older I get, the happier I am being female in that I feel more powerful. But I was full on tomboy, as a kid and so I didn’t really feel feminine until I hit my late teens. Being young and female wasn’t a great experience for me. I didn’t really know how to relate to other women, until I was in my early 30’s and that was tough. Having strong connections with people of our own sex can help us to grow in ways we might not have done, otherwise. And it’s a lot more fun.

If you’d have asked me this, when I was a kid, I would have chosen to be a boy - hands down. I dressed like a boy, only had “boy toys” and I didn’t like attention. As an adult, I’m so grateful I’m an educated, strong minded woman. And frankly, that I’m attractive. Really, that makes such a difference in nearly all aspects of life, it just does. My life is lot more interesting now than it has ever been, because of my confidence. I see similar emerging growth in my friends - woman are so damn impressive, more so as they age. Honestly, getting older is such a gift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you prefer a society with strong gender roles or one with loose ones then?
I think the less defined gender roles become, the happier we’ll all be. One of things I’ve learned from this site, is how quite a few men respond to other men - this innate desire to be intimate in ways that society doesn’t approve of. (I’m referring to the large number of guys on here who enjoy looking at and talking about other men’s bodies in highly sexualised ways - desire to explore oral sex as they age came as a surprise to me**,)

Whilst I don’t believe we can change our DNA - born male, become female etc. I look forward to a time when gender is no longer an issue and people can dress/make modifications to their bodies and identity as however they wish. It really shouldn’t matter. Enforcing gender roles over the centuries has done nothing but cause misery. It’s time to broaden our understanding of the human experience.

**its possible I’m conflating gender with sex here - if so, feel free to correct me (politely, yo), as I would like to better understand.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It’d be helpful to know what the OP means by “gender roles.”

I’m my faith community, women lead spiritual practice at home.
In addition, I run my own business, do home repair (but I’m far behind Ellie), been a reporter, an editor, a stage hand, a stage manager, a concert director. My relationships are egalitarian, and my partners are feminist.
I have long hair. I wear men’s and women’s clothing.

I supported an artist husband, while doing all of the above.

Lammergier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sometimes I wish I wasn't. Im sick of the dogma that men need to help women with everything. If I want something in life, I want to have that warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction when I earn it.

However. That being said. The female sex has better orgasms.. so I wouldn't change that for anything.

Reactions: LaFemme

cherryboom66

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think the less defined gender roles become, the happier we’ll all be. One of things I’ve learned from this site, is how quite a few men respond to other men - this innate desire to be intimate in ways that society doesn’t approve of. (I’m referring to the large number of guys on here who enjoy looking at and talking about other men’s bodies in highly sexualised ways - desire to explore oral sex as they age came as a surprise to me**,)

Whilst I don’t believe we can change our DNA - born male, become female etc. I look forward to a time when gender is no longer an issue and people can dress/make modifications to their bodies and identity as however they wish. It really shouldn’t matter. Enforcing gender roles over the centuries has done nothing but cause misery. It’s time to broaden our understanding of the human experience.

**its possible I’m conflating gender with sex here - if so, feel free to correct me (politely, yo), as I would like to better understand.

Perfect references to gender and sex.