What do you think is the real circumcision rate in U.S.

morphd108

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was actually at a party a few weeks back here in the NE and to my pleasant surprise the question came up. After much dithering we finally polled the group: 4/11 were uncut. Considering we were all born around 1983/84 and were essentially an all-caucasian sample group, I think that 33% of the living population might be an accurate/low figure, with current newborn circ rates much higher.

I never tire of circ. discussions...

hifzija

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Doboj (Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's hard to say.
Because,for several years, by law,medical facilities are not required to keep records about circumcision.Especially if circumcision is parental wish.
At this moment only about 30 % of all US medical facilites,writes records about infant circumcision,mostly for internal statistic.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
circ rates in the US are dropping every year, with a huge jump toward leaving boys intact over the last 3 years.

i would say 33% is a fairly accurate number for little dudes born in 2008-2009

medicaid paid for circs are monitored. due to the high incidence of hospital acquired infections all medical procedures are recorded in hospitals *when most circs are preformed these days*. ya might have an exact number, there are circs performed in medical offices, in private practice and such.. all considered ya could still get a general idea of how often people are choosing to leave their boys intact or to have them circumscribed.

i'm guessing.. :redface:

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's no way the rate is 90-95%. It's not some systemic reporting issue. It's much lower these days.

The rate seems to have been in a pretty steady decline since the late 1980s. There are some states where the inpatient rate is still hanging around 80%. In other states, it's dropped below 30%. These states happen to be concentrated in the less traditionalist parts of the country, especially the West. This is obviously not a coincidence. In fact, I think it's striking how closely the decline in RIC rate mirrors other social issues involving traditionalism vs. rationality.

TheIrishStallion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Too high, that's what it is. It needs to be maybe 5-10% due to people who have it done themselves or people who have phimosis. But the rate that it's done to perfectly healthy newborns needs to be 0%.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
circumcisions were very popular post baby-boom era. the 70s and 80s showed very high percentages of circumcisions.

one of the reasons the rate has fallen off is due to the increase of the hispanic population in america. hispanics i believe have had the highest birth rates in america, while the white birth rate has been steady and the black birth rate has declined. the black and white circumcision rate in america has been more than half for decades.

most hispanics are catholics and generally don't believe in circumcision. only hispanics who would most likely be down for it are puerto-ricans because pr is a u.s. territory which means they have been influenced by some american cultural norms. but pretty much all other latino ethnicities in america will not circumcise their boys.

anyway i'm glad i'm circumcised. i don't wanna pull back skin off my penis head. plus having to deal with smegma and all that. no thank you

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was actually at a party a few weeks back here in the NE and to my pleasant surprise the question came up. After much dithering we finally polled the group: 4/11 were uncut. Considering we were all born around 1983/84 and were essentially an all-caucasian sample group, I think that 33% of the living population might be an accurate/low figure, with current newborn circ rates much higher.

I never tire of circ. discussions...

I'm likely from a few miles from you. In the early 70s, in my town, 1 out of 3 of us was uncut, when the national average was more like 90%.
There is a lot less cutting going on now. Many of the new babies have their foreskins. I'd say in eastern MA, it's probably down to 40% or so that are cut these days.
My boy was lucky. He inherited a monster from the other side.

Reactions: averagepat
S

SirConcis

The USA rates have gone down since the heydays of circumcision. But I do not think there are a truly accurate number, and it is also possible that it varies from one area to another. In a area with high hispanic population, the rates would be much lower, and white parents told the rate is down to 30% so they may leave their son intact. But in anothera rea, the rate may still be above 80%.

I read some article a couple years back about texas. They surveyed a high school in a white area and it was 85% cut. Those would have been about 12-15 year olds. ut ovrall texas would have a lower rate because of hispanic population.

Obviously, the anti circers love the incomplete statistics because it gives them a winning feeling so they happyly republish those studies.

However, what I'd like to see is a study done after 1 month of birth that shows how many are still uncut, how many were cut at hospital during the birthing, how many cut at clinic after birth, how many returned to hospital to get it done etc. This would give a better idea and also provide greater trust that the total statistic reflects the true story, just just partial counting of one type of circumcison (done at hospital as part of birth).

JulieInNaplesFL

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
HuTbZ9MeIYgCXtfFM0cbTW3nKGa90FUVfn8KAEBufO9O+t1RzHNz+rdWzP8CMgdYLHwC0MkAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Attachments

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You need to distinguish the rate (how many are being cut today) from the incidence (how many living men are cut). Since the rate has been falling, the incidence is much higher - so looking around a lockerrroom will give you a false idea of how many babies are being cut.