What do you think of women like this ...

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My housemate just returned from a vacation at the beach with a bunch of women friends from work. Saturday night, they decided to go out to a club. My housemate, who had never been "out" with these women before, was horrified to discover that with a few drinks in them they would flash their tits, dance on the bar, give lap dances to guys and in general "act like Girls Gone Wild."

Most of these women are in their mid-30s to early-40s, and a few are married.

Now I can see, depending on the women and the bar in question, how this could either be a really fun night for everyone, or kind of a grotesque nightmare of women who've seen better days, like a Fassbinder film. (But for what it's worth, a couple of the women went home with guys that they thought were hot).

But what surprised me is how my housemate described it: she kept saying that the women "were completely disrespecting themselves" and their behavior so upset her that she left in the middle of the night, and drove four hours back home, rather than have to see them in the morning.

I would never say that a person was "disrespecting themselves" by behaving this way. In fact I would probably say that if they felt the need to reconnect with their younger selves, or express a side of themselves that usually stays hidden, they were in fact "respecting themselves" in the truest sense of the word, by acting this way.

What do you say? Do you relate more to my housemate or her coworkers?

strutter2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As long as it's their choice and they are hurting no body but themselves then leave it be - it's their choice at the end of the day, and they are harming no one.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I relate more to you PA, but I might possibly have left myself. It really, really depends on the context and the people involved, though. If I had gotten a weird/off vibe...then I would have politely made my excuses and gone home. I would not have blasted them for doing what they were doing though. They were just having some fun, and I'm not out to be the judgment police.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
personally, idon't like that kind of bahaviour in men or women.
it's not my place to call them names or tell them how they should or shouldn't enjoy themselves, but i'm not going to hang around with them while they do it.

...it's a sad fact that if anything happened to one of them, the 'she was asking for it' defense would have a field day in court and in gossip.

teasedsilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I assume they didn't know these men? In any case, I wouldn't put them all in the same bucket. Dancing is one thing, flashing ones tits is another, and sleeping with people you don't know is still another. Also there's a difference between behaving this way once on a special vacation and doing it regularly. Doesn't sound like my type of woman, but then it's impossible to say what their type is with just this.

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know women like this and personally I do not like being around people like this. I too believe they are disrespecting themselves. I can see having a good time and a few drinks, but why do they feel the need to show their tits? In times like this everyone has a camera and then I have seen these same women get mad when their pics appear on facebook and myspace. What do they expect?
If they are having a good time and meet some men, then so be it, but if they are embarrassing themselves or doing things they shouldn't then that is going too far. Did any of these married women cheat on their husbands? That is what I mean by going too far.
I would have excused myself and went home too, but I would leave it at that.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'll bet these women have been going on vacation like this for many years. Your housemate can now choose whether or not to go with them again next year based on many other factors, including office politics. She does not have to get drunk and stupid herself, but obviously her coworkers enjoy it.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no doubt that at times I've had other women disapprove of my behaviour when I've been out. I don't go flashing my norks or anything, but when we girls are together it does get quite loud.

And you know what... I really couldn't give a frogs fart. As long as I'm not hurting anyone or doing anything dangerous or illegal I see no reason why anyone should judge me. But if they do... so what!

Some people are born to party and some are born to knit! lol

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I relate more to you PA, but I might possibly have left myself. It really, really depends on the context and the people involved, though. If I had gotten a weird/off vibe...then I would have politely made my excuses and gone home. I would not have blasted them for doing what they were doing though. They were just having some fun, and I'm not out to be the judgment police.

i agree.

i think exhibitionism is awesome in places set for that behaviour
where everyone is aware of what is goin down and is there to do so.

i would have most likely gotten a wierd/off vibe and left.
though i wouldn't bash them...they would just baffle me.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And some of us do both. :biggrin1:

Exactly spidergrrrl. i can do both when need be with no problem doing either, i kind of like doing both really, that having been said it would appear that his friend was in the wrong crowd for her life style that she is use to. that or she needs to loosen up a bit and have some fun as the others wasn't harming anyone or was they harming them selves, they just know how to have fun their way and if she didn't like it she shouldn't have went with them. also if she has been a friend with them for any time at all she would have known they love to party with the guys in the first place as we who enjoy this kind of fun usually don't hide it from our friends. so its good she went home i think, thats where she belongs at home being a [ home maker] and there is nothing wrong with that either if thats her nit-ch, but don't criticize other women who likes to do something other than cook sew and clean.:wink: i have one friend thats never been out on the town at alone painted it red so to speak [ old saying here ] but she is the best at maintain a home and taking care of family i have ever seen and she defiantly gets my respect for doing so. its what she wants to do so i respect here way, as she does my ways as well. so to each their own really on this one. and don't judge others who like other fun besides what you mite enjoy.:wink:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your friend is a prude.

What she said.

I guess that makes me a prude as well because I consider women like this train wrecks. It's no different than the teenager who can't get positive attention who then acts out for any attention they can get. It's desperate and sad and I wouldn't want to be associated with them, either.

I've done a wet t-shirt contest but that was a dedicated event on stage rather than a spontaneous disruption.
I've danced on speakers but I wasn't knocking over drinks and getting in the bartender's way as I did it.

There's a difference between loud and lewd and there's certainly a difference between being spectacular and making a spectacle of one's self.

:pat:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
funny how you're either totally for it or you must be a prude.
because no way could a woman be a fun party animal and not think it's classy to flash your bangers in bars.

D_Suckleberry Hound

Experimental Member
Media
Stuff like that doesn't appeal to me. I would more than likely have just finished my drink and left if I had been in the place. But as others have said as long as they are not hurting anyone who am I to tell someone how to act. We all unwind in our own ways. It seems a bit "spring breakish" to me, but I suppose 30 is the new 20, right?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
have your prudish fun Gillette, must be nice to set around the house all day looking over the Internet to find something wrong with some ones spelling or abbreviations. while we who work have to carry you and your kind. id say you need a life real bad. [their i seen it now you should be happy. LOL.] just made your day I'm sure here. sience your so bored ive created this little reply to give you something to do you can spell check this for me. as i know there are banny hmis. pelled words. you give the nova scotia women a bad reputaion with your attitude. mite help to grow up a bit on your part hun... thank god im a female i sure feel sorry for your hubby, that is if you have one. B/F to for that matter they have got to be dedicatted to put up with you for sure.