What do you think of your name?

I like my first name now that i changed it to Alyn..... Gets alot of attention, noone ever gets the spelling correct now, and I love it.

Very Welsh! Sometimes spelt Alun here (but same pronunciation).

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
" love the way my name is spelled without an e. it still pisses me off when people write STACEY because spelling it STACY is what identifies me differently from the rest of the other staceys out there."

I think its the 36D boobs that identify you lol

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like my name and always have. I am a Jr. and although my paternal grandfather did not have a middle name, research has shown that 6 of 7 generations back shared my first and last name. My dad's first name was americanized but middle name very appropriate for our Austrian Heritage, "Stefan".

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate my first and last name. I like my middle name.

I could never get black folk to say my name correctly. I am lucky that I wasn't born in some
black folks' families. They have some really fucked-up prescription or over-the-counter drug like names. Like some parents can't think of a good name so they look around the medicine cabinet.

Man:
Oh, baby. How about L'Evitra or C'ialis-- if it's a girl? Or N'y Quil or Ty Lynol if it's a boy?

Woman:
No, baby. I was thinkin'...Eppie Dural for the girl and C'aesarean Placenta for the boy.
I get so mad at black folk sometimes. They make up names for these kids. And people can't pronounce them to save their life. And who wants to go through life known as fucking "L'Evitra" or "Ty Lenol"?

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First name: I'd like it more if it weren't so damn common in guys my age
Middle name: I'm not that wild about it being my father's name. I'd like to have 3 names of my own.
Last name: Somehow often mispronounced, despite a phonetic spelling.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to hate my first name because I was always the only one, they never had the personalized souvenirs with my name, nobody can ever hear it the first time..usually it's "I'm sorry, what is it?" Now I like it because it seems to suit me, and I prefer having a unique name rather than something like "Lisa" which everyone was in high school.

Middle name I like, not quite as uncommon

Last name growing up was a bitch because it's equally as difficult as my first name. Let's just say my parents are Scandinavian and my name is reflective of that.