What do you think the average IQ level is of posters at LPSG?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BTW- IQ Scoring:

Under 70 = Mentally Deficient
100 = Average (50% of people score between 90-110)
130 = Mentally superior
Above 140 = Genius

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
nudeyorker writes: I would have to say it would vary by forum!

----------------------

Or by thread.

I think anyone who frequents the "I Went to the Supermarket and Bought...." (eggplant...turnips...Stouffer's...) - or "Will this Thread Reach 1,000,000 Posts?" (185...186...187...188...) threads on mulitple occasions, might be in the (how to put this delicately?) - in the less than 100 points category.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

No, we've got far too many "geniuses" trolling about for the average to be that high.

You have a strong case there, Hazel. :smile2:

According to estimates from traffic stats, the LPSG does attract a high percentage of college-educated visitors, much higher than the average website. Our median income is also higher than average.

jesusfarted

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well... we know how to use a computer for the most part.
That's gotta be at least a 110?

I took an IQ test 2 years ago and got a 164. I guess I'm a fucking genius. But I already knew that.

Seems to be a fairly broad cross-section of people on here. I'd think the average would be about 110, maybe slightly higher.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I took a supervised Mensa test (actually 2 tests) 2 years ago, and scored 137 (on both tests!), in the gifted range. I was happy with the result!

I would say the average IQ here at LPSG would be around 100-110.

Last edited:

bufanr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'd say that a person's IQ isn't particularly relevant to anything that is meaningful. However I will remark on this anyway; it certainly depends what scale you're using, an earlier poster claims an IQ of 164; on Cattell Culture Fair III A this is rather impressive, whereas on Cattell III B this is less impressive.

In relation to some other posts, education and income are not an indication of IQ, so I don't think you could guess the average IQ of people who use this forum with reasonable certainty.

I do like the following post though :)

Probably on an average day too.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here's a good fluid/crystallized intelligence IQ test I found, you can complete this at home....although it will cost you £4 to learn the result!

You mustn't cheat....take it only once so focus!! If you do it again to garner a better score then you're only fooling yourself.

I just took this one (for the first time) and scored 135.

Don't forget that the time you take also contributes towards an IQ score.

Get IQ info - Test yourself and compare with others

I'd say that a person's IQ isn't particularly relevant to anything that is meaningful. However I will remark on this anyway; it certainly depends what scale you're using, an earlier poster claims an IQ of 164; on Cattell Culture Fair III A this is rather impressive, whereas on Cattell III B this is less impressive.

In relation to some other posts, education and income are not an indication of IQ, so I don't think you could guess the average IQ of people who use this forum with reasonable certainty.

I do like the following post though :)

You're right - it does depend what scale you're using. Mensa tends to slightly overrate people, apparently.

I think the generally accepted range for most people (as stated in the first post) is 70 - 130. 100 being average.