What do you think the average IQ level is of posters at LPSG?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I'd say that a person's IQ isn't particularly relevant to anything that is meaningful. However I will remark on this anyway; it certainly depends what scale you're using, an earlier poster claims an IQ of 164; on Cattell Culture Fair III A this is rather impressive, whereas on Cattell III B this is less impressive.

In relation to some other posts, education and income are not an indication of IQ, so I don't think you could guess the average IQ of people who use this forum with reasonable certainty.

I do like the following post though :)
I agree. I'm in the 99.7th percentile, and have managed to stay broke and am still doing stupid things in spite of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yup. Likely time spent in a particular forum related. Politics, half-way decent. Celebrity endowment, perhaps not so much. But who knows.

I have to agree with you. It does seem like there's a high number of "bubble heads" who spend a lot of time thinking about celebrities. I guess that's a big reason why the National Enquirer has survived all of these years.

I agree. I'm in the 99.7th percentile, and have managed to stay broke and am still doing stupid things in spite of it.

I'd agree with Hickboy and bufanr - there are other important things too.

Of the kids I was at school with, the cleverest ones aren't necessarily the ones who've done best since school.

Practicality, common sense, and ability to adapt are also really important. The ones who've done best that I know of, are mainly the ones who got a fairly normal job - just got on with things and are now doing pretty well for themselves.

I think there's a (light-hearted) theory that the more academically intelligent you are - the more inept and hopeless you are at everyday things (which must mean I'm a lot more intelligent than I thought! :rolleyes:).

I have no idea what it is. I don't think it's 100 just because the average IQ is 100. LPSG is too subjective to attract a purely random population. I do think that the IQ of most frequent posters is higher than average though I imagine their posting frequency skews our perceptions of the quality of other postings.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Mensa test ? Years ago I took their on-line version when they offered it for free. Did well, but afterwards, but don't remember score ? I thought what a load of worthless baggage it was to have learned all those tricks to score well.

Just about everyone here seems intelligent enough to me. But that's pretty much everywhere too, except on the highway, that is people stopping on a road with no traffic control devices other than a speed limit sign and painted lines ? Go figure ?

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I took an IQ test two years ago and couidn't get the booklet open

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have been told my IQ is 54, and that men like dumb asses :(
i have to say, my IQ hasnt helped :(

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I once tested at a 99 for an IQ test.

I guess that makes me a retard :tongue:

But oh well, still managed to score that distinction in my English, and credits for my Advanced Maths and General Paper :biggrin1:

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
I have no idea what it is. I don't think it's 100 just because the average IQ is 100. LPSG is too subjective to attract a purely random population. I do think that the IQ of most frequent posters is higher than average though I imagine their posting frequency skews our perceptions of the quality of other postings.
Well if we're talking about the median or even the mean then people like yourself will help skew it nicely towards 110, bloody interlechewals, but the mode is most likely ~100.

joll said:
I think there's a (light-hearted) theory that the more academically intelligent you are - the more inept and hopeless you are at everyday things
As someone who attends university I can vouch for this. It's quite apparent in my fellow students but some of the senior Professors are incredible. There are a few who have yet to master the overhead-projector. Some even the art of spacial awareness. Yet they are geniuses, go figure.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you think the average IQ level is of posters at LPSG?
BTW- IQ Scoring:

Under 70 = Mentally Deficient
100 = Average (50% of people score between 90-110)
130 = Mentally superior
Above 140 = Genius

I'm gonna say 105. But there are a great many here who seem to have mastered the use of computers with an IQ that would qualify as mentally deficient.

I'd say it's about 120. This is clearly an educated crowd here, for the most part.
I think you're aiming pretty high. Spend some time in Women's Issues and look at what men post there. I don't mean the 'Ladies rate my cock stuff' that belongs in Show Offs. Just the general female anatomy and sex questions. It's scary :yikes:

IQ. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHH. *cough*
You so funny! :tongue:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The stupidest person I know has told me about five times over the last 2 years that his IQ is 152... :rolleyes: