What do you think the average IQ level is of posters at LPSG?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Average haiku?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KYLE: (Counting off syllables on his fingers)
Ass full of pork fat
Jiggles like a jello mold
Mouth is flapping too.

CARTMAN: Your haiku insults have no effect on me, Kyle. I’m regional champion.

STAN: Does that mean you’re going to be in that Cheezy Poofs commercial?

CARTMAN: It’s between me and four other kids. I’m on my way now with my mom to the finals.

KYLE: (Counting again)
I bet you don’t win
They don’t let big fat asses
Perform on T.V.

MR. GARRISON: Very good haiku, Kyle.

CARTMAN: (Counting syllables on his fingers)
Shut your Goddamn mouth
Or else I’m gonna kick you
Square in the balls . . . asshole. (Realizes he has included too many syllables.) —God damn it![/FONT]

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It differentiates between liberal and conservative posters. I'd score most conservatives on this site, on average, at about a 90 and liberals at 110. I'm guessing that we have about 1,000 regular posters with a 2:1 ratio in favor of liberals. So if you do the math, the average IQ would be about 103 or slightly "smarter than average." As in the real world, once again liberals find themselves dragged toward the mean by conservatives.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IQ measures one's ability to take a good test. I have a good bud who has been a Mensa member since his early teens and can't cognate his way out of a wet paper bag.

But, based on the horrific errors in posting style and the inability to download a decent spell-check feature into their browsers, I'm gonna say the the average IQ of the average LPSG poster is somewhere between 90 and 110.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
IQ measures one's ability to take a good test. I have a good bud who has been a Mensa member since his early teens and can't cognate his way out of a wet paper bag.

But, based on the horrific errors in posting style and the inability to download a decent spell-check feature into their browsers, I'm gonna say the the average IQ of the average LPSG poster is somewhere between 90 and 110.

Not Fair! I did try to download the spell-checker from this site......my computer was not having it!
I know that my spelling can be quite atrocious.....but spelling is not my avenue of expertise. I rely on spell-check, EXTENSIVELY, when writing up service reports and such though. Thank God for Micro-soft.:redface:

hockeyguy741

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not Fair! I did try to download the spell-checker from this site......my computer was not having it!
I know that my spelling can be quite atrocious.....but spelling is not my avenue of expertise. I rely on spell-check, EXTENSIVELY, when writing up service reports and such though. Thank God for Micro-soft.:redface:

Spell checker download........:confused:

OMG....I just realized I'm mildly retarded for not knowing where to download the spell checker on this site :doh:

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Firefox does the heavy lifting for me :wink:, thank gawd. My spelling is already atrocious enough.

One trick I learned from someone older and wiser is to cut & paste posts into Word, which does it easily, then c&p again to submit a post. If my spell-check isn't working so well (and it happens, mysteriously), I still avail myself of the technique.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Firefox does the heavy lifting for me :wink:, thank gawd. My spelling is already atrocious enough.

One trick I learned from someone older and wiser is to cut & paste posts into Word, which does it easily, then c&p again to submit a post. If my spell-check isn't working so well (and it happens, mysteriously), I still avail myself of the technique.
It just would be way too much effort to do all that, so as that i can post what are just etherial thought strains that evaporate into internet history....particullary on a penis site. It's just NOT that serious, despite what the syntax/spelling/grammer nazi's think.
I think some folks have actually stopped posting here over such critisisms!
What ev....ya know?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
It just would be way too much effort to do all that, so as that i can post what are just etherial thought strains that evaporate into internet history....particullary on a penis site. It's just NOT that serious, despite what the syntax/spelling/grammer nazi's think.
I think some folks have actually stopped posting here over such critisisms!
What ev....ya know?

Well, pym ... if it took more effort, it might be too much effort.
But it doesn't take much.
And, with cleaner copy, what you're saying will register better with all those grammar nazis ... who are more numerous than you think.
So get a spellcheck, dude.

reallybigshoe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm finding you have to sift through a lot of shit to find people who are capable of having a half decent conversation, I know there are a lot of young people on here, I'm one of them, but seriously sometimes the most basic of grammar and spelling skills aren't evident. Having said that, there are people on here who would run rings around me when it comes to writing skills. I also agree with Bbucko, often those with a high IQ have a low EQ. Both of which, in my opinion, are as important as each other!

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who knows?

No one thinks he/she is below average intelligence, but about half the population is.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm finding you have to sift through a lot of shit to find people who are capable of having a half decent conversation, I know there are a lot of young people on here, I'm one of them, but seriously sometimes the most basic of grammar and spelling skills aren't evident. Having said that, there are people on here who would run rings around me when it comes to writing skills. I also agree with Bbucko, often those with a high IQ have a low EQ. Both of which, in my opinion, are as important as each other!

I've only been tested once, at the beginning of 7th grade when I was 12. My results came back at 117.

The same friend I mentioned earlier with an IQ of 170 insists that I am in every way his intellectual equal (and occasionally his superior). He's capable of brilliant insights, but overall has never struck me as anything approaching genius.

I have my obvious strengths and weaknesses. I was taught to read by my great-grandmother when I was four, so I've always had a leg-up on people who enjoy reading less. I am something of a vocabulary junky and would estimate that my vocabulary is probably two or three times the average. And as I enjoy reading classic literature, my sphere of reference extends beyond those without the same passion. I also have better comprehension than many, but I think that's because I read slowly and savor each sentence to ascertain its meaning and flavor (style). But I'm not sure that means that I'm smarter; it just means that I'm better-read, and read differently than most.

Likewise, I always had an excellent memory. In school I found that I'd want to move ahead (especially in foreign languages) where my peers needed more intensive lessons. Again, I credit this to comprehension and the dedication to absorb information more fully than those just looking for bullet-points that would help them pass a test. But I don't believe that memory is considered a key component of intelligence quantification. I've always considered it my little secret to success.

I also have a highly active imagination and am extremely curious by nature. My imagination allows me to visualize and personalize information (as opposed to considering it from a neutral, detached abstract perspective). This leads to a creative mindset that I've always had (and consider integral to my personality), but I don't remember seeing creativity as an important measure of intelligence, either. My curiosity keeps me constantly increasing my personal database of information, and the ability to rattle off trivia (that is fact-based and accurate) has always impressed people though, again, it isn't really a factor in judging IQ (as far as I know).

My intellectual discipline is not a strength, and have never felt obliged to learn something that is deemed "important" but for which I cannot summon any real interest. For that reason, there are vast holes in my sphere of reference and knowledge. Physics and chemistry hold no appeal whatsoever to me, and therefore are completely neglected by me. Mathematics has always confused me (I have a real problem retaining numerals), and I was never anything but mediocre in any class where they were required. Geometry and trigonometry remain complete mysteries to me, and the one class I was required to take that covered them was the lowest point of my academic career.

So I play off my strengths (verbal and written literacy, a fascination with visual and emotional stimulation, an openness to engage in interpersonal relationships) and downplay my weaknesses (no head for numerals, no interest in economics or money matters and no curiosity for the physical sciences). The fact that I have an excellent command of those things which fascinate me and delight in social interactions strikes many as signs of intelligence; to me they are the indulgences of a mind too undisciplined to round himself out in a way that might better equip him for contemporary life. And that doesn't strike me as especially intelligent.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

It differentiates between liberal and conservative posters. I'd score most conservatives on this site, on average, at about a 90 and liberals at 110. I'm guessing that we have about 1,000 regular posters with a 2:1 ratio in favor of liberals. So if you do the math, the average IQ would be about 103 or slightly "smarter than average." As in the real world, once again liberals find themselves dragged toward the mean by conservatives.

Does that mean that conservatives are not smart enough to cheat on their taxes like all of Obama's hand picked appointees?

'