What does a woman feel when she is horny?

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is actually an interesting thread. Guys are simple. We feel horny when it swells and there's kind of an itchy/ache feel to it. It literally feels like an itch begging to be scratched because of all the blood being supplied to it.

Women are far more complicated.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
subgirrl, I concede your point. I'm not at all qualified to make any sort of remark on psycology but I believe long term sublimation of sexual desire can channel energies into both acceptable, and with some people, unacceptable behaviors. I wonder if sublimation of sexual desire has lead to some of the problems the Catholic Church has experienced.

I think it depends on many factors. One of the most important factors has to be choice. I think if the person has made their own decision to 'turn off', the outcomes will be very different to the person who is forced to turn off, or is threatened with dire circumstances (eg. bad things will happen if you masturbate).

The person who chooses to turn off can end up with no energies to channel at all - after all, that was the point of me doing it. Whereas those who are not permitted a healthy outlet still have the desires, they just can't channel them in a way that is acceptable. I think in these situations the sexual energies COULD end up finding an outlet in unhealthy ways.

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmmm... difficult question. I think it depends. There's two ways of getting horny for me, both rather different. And it's not always black/white either, there's a grey area.

When I'm ovulating, and my hormones are basically trying to get me pregnant :rolleyes: Then it's a more needy, humping pillows, I neeeed to orgasm horny. Definitely in spring/summer that can be pretty strong. There just seems to be a constant bigger bloodflow to the whole vagina/pussylips area. I'm much more sensitive. Wearing a skirt and feeling a breeze at the wrong time can get me distracted from whatever it is I'm doing at that time. Even if I'm wearing a jeans during those days a breeze can give me goosebumps all over just because I'm more sensitive. And sometimes I catch myself of wiggling against the seam of the jeans when I'm alone. Luckily, I don't do that completely unconsciously, I catch myself in time when I'm doing it when there's people around. But I'm generally distracted much easier by naughty thoughts.

And then there's the horniness that comes from getting my brain played with. That can be anything. A romantic moment in a good movie that makes me go awww and that I feel in "the pit of my stomach". It's like an involuntary tightening of my pc muscles or uterus or both (I can't really explain), it makes my breath hitch.
Seeing a hot guy on the street without a shirt on. Having someone whisper in my ear. Even just eyecontact can cause this.
After a long romantic movie I just feel all warm and cuddly and I want to be somewhere really comfortable and just... hug myself? It's a more full-body experience? I get in this state of mind of comfiness and coziness and warm and pleasant feelings and my whole body gets tingly and I get turned on.
The end effect is the same, but it feels like a different kind of horniness. Less needy. It's just fun to be in that state. I don't mind at all if I stay like that a few hours.

When I'm hormone-induced horny, I just want to orgasm. And as soon as possible too. When I did, I'm done and can get sleep or go on with whatever it is I was doing.

I did notice a BIG change after I went of the pill. I was much less aware of this "difference" when I was on it.

Does this all make any sense to the other ladies or am I alone in this?

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can say as a guy (even though this thread is not from a male standpoint) I get hard (obviously) as kind of a feeling that my dick needs to be in a pussy stat. I can't describe it really, just that at a certain point i'm crying out to enter it into a pussy.

I think psychologically women are more complex sexually, but physiologically there are some similarities. increased blood pressure/heart rate, sexual feeling in the genitals, etc.

D_Sheila Bootieshaker

Account Disabled
Media
Ladies, when you get horny, how do you know? What do you feel psychologically and physically, how does it manifest itself? What makes you horny? What do you want and when? How horny do you get, do you like being horny? Does it feel better or worse to be extremely horny? Is it something you can control? Is it pleasurable or not and to what degree? Would you rather not be horny?

I know this is quite a list and has almost no order to it, no need to respond to each question separately. I'm sure this is an aspect of female behavior and nature we men would love to know more about. Thank you in advance for your replies. M

I feel the urge to just beat someone with a stick :twak:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I notice it first in my breasts - they swell slightly and my nipples become erect and feel like they are demanding attention. It can be extremely distracting and a potent feeling for me which can continue for days where it seems all I can think of is having my breasts fondled – but this is probably my greatest erogenous zone.

Next I feel a tingling in my abdomen followed by my vagina getting wet and a throbbing feeling. Finally I can feel frantic to have penetrative sex. If I’m in that kind of shape I want to completely skip the foreplay and just get to it hard and fast. There have been times when I was so horny I felt like I would surely go crazy if I didn't have sex right away.

This noted, like subgirrl, I too successfully turned off my sex drive for a substantial length of time, on multiple occasions. I needed to because the need had become overwhelming and I did not have a good outlet. To accomplish this I had to shield myself from all erotic sensory input.

As subgirrl pointed out it really is possible to turn off your sex drive. The method is simply to avoid any and all sexual stimuli - no LPSG.org for sure!

Then one evening out of the blue my drive was turned back on again when I noticed a certain type of man sitting in a car as I walked past in a parking lot. When I noticed him looking at me all kinds of electric shocks went through my body and I probably would have done him on the spot had we any interaction beyond simply noticing one another. I kind of hate it when that happens because the spark or shock is so strong that I never forget the feeling, or the man. I can still see him as clearly today as I did then. Thank goodness that particular response has only happened a few times in my life - it takes a certain type of male to trigger that particular response and I've never acted on it. If I did I wonder if the sex would be as amazing as my initial reaction to him suggests.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to ask now what type of male that is...

Maybe the word 'type' was a little misleading because it's really more about the way they make me feel or a certain vibe that I pick up on and that's kind of difficult to put into words so that it will make sense because it's not tied purely to physical attributes, but I’ll try.

To help put this into perspective perhaps I should mention first that I'm very intuitive so I tend to rely on my gut feelings allot and impressions are not concrete so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this but it may. I just know what I feel at the moment it happens and that is as follows:

The most important and strongest impression is feeling like it's my soul recognizing someone I know, but I don't. It feels like finding a long lost lover and sparks are flying in a good way. There's a feeling of instant recognition, and it quite literally feels like I've been shocked by electricity that shoots through my entire body. It’s strong enough to cause me to stop dead in my tracks. There is no conscious thought beforehand to give warning and the only thought afterwards is sex. I am left feeling excited, with my heart racing, breathe coming in fast pants and my blood pressure rises. It's really a wonderful feeling but it's so rare, so unexpected, so forceful, and frustrating because the guy stays on my mind afterwards.

If it were merely certain physical features it would probably happen much more often because I see many very attractive men, but it's not that. It's always been a mystery to me why I have such a strong reaction to certain males – and what’s up with the electric shock therapy that is triggered?

As to physical features I can say that they are always tall, well built, manly men that have certain magnetism, and usually I get the feeling they are somehow dangerous, but not in a way that frightens me. Two guys were well groomed and had very dark hair, one had a gotee (and I’m not even a fan of facial hair). Another guy kind of reminded me of Keanu Reeves as ‘Neo’ in the Matrix only a little more heavily built. He had on black sunglasses so I couldn't see his eyes, was wearing a long, black leather duster coat at the time and was pacing back and forth in a rather agitated manner while talking on the phone when he stopped and stared at me. After a few moments he resumed the conversation and the pacing and I went on my way but that feeling of recognition was there, the shocks had gone off and he stayed on my mind for quite some time afterwards.

With the most recent experience the guy had long, wavy, light brown hair which was a first for me. His hair was pulled back into a pony tail. This young male probably in his 30's was tall and very rugged looking with a strong jaw and gorgeous eyes. He had a very casual, outdoorsy look about him as he sat in his jacked-up Jeep Wrangler. This last one was a real surprise because my reaction to him was the strongest of all compared to the few other times this has happened.

Always the most surprising thing for me is the absolute feeling of a strong electrical shock and the response that it triggers. Wish I knew more about this.

Does that help?

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm going to have to think on this one.

The "shocks", blood pressure, heart racing, fast breathing is adrenaline.

Thanks MoneyForNothing, adrenaline makes total sense now that you've mentioned it. I appreciate your help in sorting this out for me. The electrical shock feeling comes first; the other responses follow immediately after the "shock".

Since adrenaline is involved that makes me wonder if maybe it's some kind of imbedded prey instinct? Maybe I recognize the male as someone I would take to my bed and feel surprised or threatened by the shock of his presence and what I'd like to do with him? Although this is the first time I've ever thought of it that way... and I'm not sure that theory would explain the “shock”, as its not mental the feeling truly is physical although certainly my brain triggers it.

One other thing I should add is that while I can talk very openly about my sexuality I am not inclined to have sex with random men, nor on the first date. I have had a very limited number of sex partners and this is because I am extremely selective and have to feel an emotional attachment, so the surprise of seeing a stranger and knowing that I absolutely would have sex with him is very unusual for me which is always why I am so surprised.

Last edited:

moccasin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ittibitti, I've experienced this electric shock, to me sort of a psycho-sexual jolt, a few times in my life. As in my response to DasLeezard above, its like looking into someones eyes and seeing yourself looking back, the recognition of the same searching and desire. Its beyond just seeing an attractive woman. In my case the woman has the female version of my body form, that is, tall and thin, with an expression of awareness of her physical and mental sexuality. The few times it happened to me were transcendental, the most startling of all is the look in her eyes that says she also recognizes me in the same way. Rare and delicious.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The most important and strongest impression is feeling like it's my soul recognizing someone I know, but I don't. It feels like finding a long lost lover and sparks are flying in a good way. There's a feeling of instant recognition, and it quite literally feels like I've been shocked by electricity that shoots through my entire body. It’s strong enough to cause me to stop dead in my tracks. There is no conscious thought beforehand to give warning and the only thought afterwards is sex. I am left feeling excited, with my heart racing, breathe coming in fast pants and my blood pressure rises. It's really a wonderful feeling but it's so rare, so unexpected, so forceful, and frustrating because the guy stays on my mind afterwards.

ittibitti, I've experienced this electric shock, to me sort of a psycho-sexual jolt, a few times in my life. As in my response to DasLeezard above, its like looking into someones eyes and seeing yourself looking back, the recognition of the same searching and desire. Its beyond just seeing an attractive woman. In my case the woman has the female version of my body form, that is, tall and thin, with an expression of awareness of her physical and mental sexuality. The few times it happened to me were transcendental, the most startling of all is the look in her eyes that says she also recognizes me in the same way. Rare and delicious.

I'm finding this really interesting. I've experienced a similar feeling with strangers who eventually become friends (and I always end up remembering the moment we met with perfect clarity, even years later), but have never experienced it in a sexual sense.