What does a woman feel when she is horny?

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm finding this really interesting. I've experienced a similar feeling with strangers who eventually become friends (and I always end up remembering the moment we met with perfect clarity, even years later), but have never experienced it in a sexual sense.

Okay, so the experience is not unique and that makes me feel more normal, but it also sounds like while there may be some similarities, the experiences are also very different for each of us. Now we just need to find someone who knows what this is, what causes it, and what it means.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Okay, so the experience is not unique and that makes me feel more normal, but it also sounds like while there may be some similarities, the experiences are also very different for each of us. Now we just need to find someone who knows what this is, what causes it, and what it means.

I think it could be something similar to deja vu. One theory on deja vu is that the brain is essentially processing the event as a long term memory instead of a short term memory (basically, the two paths get kinda confused). So if we applied that to this situation, the brain could be processing the person as an old friend or a past lover, rather than as a stranger. Just an idea.

Of course some people would say that we knew the person in a past life.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll go out on a limb saying that I'm pretty sure men and women feel horny differently.

Having attended enough swing parties and observing the men and women, and being surrounded personally by up to four males at a time, I would say that men and women are not only experiencing different sets of physiological sensations, but are expressing them VERY differently.

But what would I know?

:rolleyes:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You would know yourself--? IMO the sensations may be expressed differently but they arise from the same sources and then they are channeled through different gonads and come out male or female in look.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll go out on a limb saying that I'm pretty sure men and women feel horny differently.

Having attended enough swing parties and observing the men and women, and being surrounded personally by up to four males at a time, I would say that men and women are not only experiencing different sets of physiological sensations, but are expressing them VERY differently.

But what would I know?

Before reading this thread, I hadn't realize exactly how different the genders were. I always thought the responses to the stimulii were similar, but the "horny" feeling are vastly more different than I thought.

Can you expand more on how you think we're different?

D_Amaleen Abreast

Account Disabled
Media
When I'm horny, the inside of my pussy throbs in a painfully good way...
then it gets to the point, if I'm at a party or somewhere, I have to go to the bathroom, put one leg on the bench and finger fuck myself until it feels better....

But yes, Always horny, and only ever satisfied completely by my dildo.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

But what would I know?

I'd be interested in hearing where you think the differences lie.

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks MoneyForNothing, adrenaline makes total sense now that you've mentioned it. I appreciate your help in sorting this out for me. The electrical shock feeling comes first; the other responses follow immediately after the "shock".

Since adrenaline is involved that makes me wonder if maybe it's some kind of imbedded prey instinct? Maybe I recognize the male as someone I would take to my bed and feel surprised or threatened by the shock of his presence and what I'd like to do with him? Although this is the first time I've ever thought of it that way... and I'm not sure that theory would explain the “shock”, as its not mental the feeling truly is physical although certainly my brain triggers it.

It could be anything. It could be completely irrational. Especially if it hits you unexpectedly. As I said elsewhere, acute stress is known to cause sexual arousal. It could be somewhat unrelated to the attractivenes of the man. Based on my experience with that, I'm guessing you feel an intitial suprise and then start to feel turned on some time later.

As for the shock feeling, current running through muscle just makes it contract and you feel more in that tissue because muscle is highly innervated. You are probably getting some kind of sudden muscle contraction from surprise. I was chasing a mouse in my kitchen. He was running toward me and the instant he saw me he popped straight up 2 feet in the air.

To the posts above me, females react physiologically differently to stress, which tends to go hand in hand with situations where you are turned on. Men go more into fight mode, whereas women go more into love mode.

Last edited:

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It could be anything. It could be completely irrational. Especially if it hits you unexpectedly. As I said elsewhere, acute stress is known to cause sexual arousal. It could be somewhat unrelated to the attractivenes of the man. Based on my experience with that, I'm guessing you feel an intitial suprise and then start to feel turned on some time later.

As for the shock feeling, current running through muscle just makes it contract and you feel more in that tissue because muscle is highly innervated. You are probably getting some kind of sudden muscle contraction from surprise. I was chasing a mouse in my kitchen. He was running toward me and the instant he saw me he popped straight up 2 feet in the air.

To the posts above me, females react physiologically differently to stress, which tends to go hand in hand with situations where you are turned on. Men go more into fight mode, whereas women go more into love mode.

Hmm... no. You cannot draw "conclusions" like that out of a few observations. That's not the way of science.
When I'm experiencing accute stress and I have an adrenaline rush, I'll damn well go into fight mode also. That's what adrenaline does, it heightens your senses and you seem to have more time to progress sensory input. And then you ACT. It's survival kicking in. Women going into "love mode" is incorrect. I'm not saying adrenaline as a neurotransmitter won't have anything to do in arousal, but it simply is a way more complex happening of all kinds of different neurotransmitters and hormones. You cannot draw simple conclusions in a matter so incredibly complex.

Chronical stress (for example exams) does induce horniness for me, but that's because my mind is looking for a way out, a way to relax some. I don't think you can account that to the adrenaline rush. I'm more inclined to think a depletion of certain neurotransmitters tips the balance and that way certain "countereffects" are induced. But this could very well result in different effects in different individuals, as everyone is different.

Hormones and neurotransmitters and the way they interact are incredibly complicated and very different on an individual basis.

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What "few observations"? These are all found in lab experiments. Whether or not you understand how it manifests for you, some researchers found that oxytocin goes up in women under stress in acute cases, which does not happen in men.

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What "few observations"? These are all found in lab experiments. Whether or not you understand how it manifests for you, some researchers found that oxytocin goes up in women under stress in acute cases, which does not happen in men.

And where in that study did those researchers conclude that said difference between women and men has an effect on womens horniness? If it's a proven fact (please include a reference) I won't further disagree with you. But right now, I'm definitely not convinced, to the contrary. The way our brain works and neurotransmitters/hormones and feelings/emotions/ways of thinking are related is incredibly difficult to study and understand. Especially since there is a major individual component in that understanding.
I just think, at the moment, your assumption is wrong. Don't hate me for critical thinking ;-)

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If it were merely certain physical features it would probably happen much more often because I see many very attractive men, but it's not that. It's always been a mystery to me why I have such a strong reaction to certain males – and what’s up with the electric shock therapy that is triggered?

Pheremones maybe? There have been some very interesting studies done on pheremones and their role in who we find attractive.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To each of the following: MoneyForNothing, xX_Sarah_Xx, and jeepguy2 thank you. I find all of your comments very interesting and you've given me good information.

As far as acute stress goes, I do not recall feeling any kind of stress prior to the 'shock', or muscle contraction (which makes sense to me) and I do feel the 'shock' first, then sexual arousal, but the two feelings happen within seconds, almost simultaneously, there is virtually no lag time between the 'shock' and the arousal.

Beyond the initial reaction the lingering effect is always extreme horniness that can last for days and cannot be satisfied by any dildo.

jeepguy2, don't you have to be really close to someone to pick up on pheromones? The last time this happened to me I was close to the guy, but other times we were quite some distance apart.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If it helps as comparison points, I have several different types of horny.

1/ I just need to get a load off my nuts.
2/ I want good fucking, I don't really care who it is.
3/ I respond to a particular person and I want a good hard fuck with them
4/ I want to explore my sexuality, bring in the circus troupe
5/ I respond to a single person and want to explore our sexuality together

Yes. They are distinct types of horniness for me.

moccasin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just posted a thread about tube fucking my sister in law. I have been married so long I wont say because it would disclose my age but after all this time my wife is a continuing mistery to me. My wife is normally very conservative and reserved in every way but when she gets horny she turns into someone or something else. In a nude beach setting she can be very exhibitionistic and can use her ample cunt to great effect when she's setting in her beach chair with a semi circle of guys jacking off round her. The other day she exhibited her Jeckyll and Hyde nature when she offered me to her sister. I was stunned but, being a guy, willing. I used to kid her that she surrenders to her clit, and still tell her in the heat of love making to just let go and allow her cunt take control. The other night with her sister I noticed this "otherness" about her, for a time complete and total sexual adiction and seemingly blind to everything else, swollen dripping cunt, tongue out, panting. I've seen mares like this in high heat. Her sister seemed the same way, like there was nothing that mattered more that to satisfy a desire that was burning and overwhelming. Is this what women are like when they are horny or is this just my wife and maybe her sister?