what does an HIV infected person look like?

natejeeves

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I dont know where to put this and I cant find a health section in here so Im gonna ask this in here. .

What does an HIV infected person look like?

I have a friend of mine who is very healthy and energetic but he was so paranoid of having HIV because he has a one tiny armpit lump, I looked at the HIV symptoms but none matched except for the armpit lump, he didn't lose weight, he was healthy, he had no thrush on his tounge, he didn't have a memory loss and he didn't have night sweats and didnt have fatigue. .

So? Is he infected or not? It's time to end this paranoidia of him. .

natejeeves

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
HIV is an immunodeficiency virus, which means they will look the same as anybody else but will more easily become sick because his immune system is compromised. If he is paranoid, he should just go get tested.

he didn't even get sick for almost a year, no matter how wet he is in the rain. .

His last sexual activity was a year ago where he blowjobs his friend ( lol he is so weird ) he was just so healthy and i dont know why he was so paranoid about it. .

Petrolhead

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think he is paranoid. if it sets his mind at rest he should get tested. remember Hiv is a controllable symptom so even if he is (which I doubt) it can be managed with drugs and life expectancy is near normal.

bigtoad

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A person with HIV looks like anyone else...please research. Love and Blessings.

natejeeves

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I will probably tell him soon to get tested. . So a person with HIV get sick easily? While a person without HIV doesn't get sick easily? Sorry for so many questions I dont know about all these medical stuff. .

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The only time I have been able to tell if some is HIV positive is if they have had it for a long time and the drugs they used in the early years caused some physical changes, like an odd distribution of body fat. Otherwise, people with HIV can look like everyone else.

If your friend is worried, he should take the Rapid Test for HIV and the Early Test for HIV. Some places even offer it for free. The rapid test will tell him if he's been exposed over 6 months ago, and the early test can check for exposure within the last few days. Best to find out sooner rather than later.

neintynein

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dont know where to put this and I cant find a health section in here so Im gonna ask this in here. .

What does an HIV infected person look like?

I have a friend of mine who is very healthy and energetic but he was so paranoid of having HIV because he has a one tiny armpit lump, I looked at the HIV symptoms but none matched except for the armpit lump, he didn't lose weight, he was healthy, he had no thrush on his tounge, he didn't have a memory loss and he didn't have night sweats and didnt have fatigue. .

So? Is he infected or not? It's time to end this paranoidia of him. .

Start here:
How Do You Get HIV or AIDS?
Signs & Symptoms

You can't tell by looking. You can't tell by any of the things you're talking about. You can tell by going to a doctor and getting a blood test.*

*You can tell with a home test too, but... frankly, don't take this the wrong way, but with your level of knowledge/ignorance about this, and assuming your friend is roughly the same, your friend would do better to go see a doctor and spend time talking through ANY questions he has. Doctors (at least, any doctor worth his/her salt) are here for this. Planned Parenthood would gladly talk to your friend about this, if for some reason your regular doctor is not an option. Tell your friend to get seen by someone who knows what they're talking about, knows what they're doing and is on his side.

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will probably tell him soon to get tested. . So a person with HIV get sick easily? While a person without HIV doesn't get sick easily? Sorry for so many questions I dont know about all these medical stuff. .

Like everyone else said, you can't just look at someone and know they have HIV.

People with HIV can get sick more easily, but they can also be very healthy. HIV attacks peoples' immune systems, and if it depletes the immune system enough that leaves people prone to illness. At a certain point of immune system depletion, HIV can cause AIDS - which is not a disease but a syndrome - meaning that the person's immune system is so depleted that they are at greater risk of multiple health complications. AIDS is not necessarily the end of the road, however - people can build their immune systems back up to a healthier level through careful health management.

HIV can be managed, though everyone I know who has HIV finds "managing" it to be an enormous, life-altering trial. Having HIV doesn't mean you also have AIDS. If you have HIV and manage your immune system through healthy living, and/or medication, and/or complementary therapies (like massage, acupuncture, yoga, etc.), you can still have quite a healthy immune system.

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
They look like everyone else. I have a friend who's positive and looks like any other human. It's not like there's an outward physical trait. Tell your friend to get tested.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
i've not laughed this hard at an LPSG thread in a long time. if this is indeed not fake, WOW. just, wow.

It is surprising how many people are clueless about HIV and AIDS. I volunteer with an HIV/AIDS service organization and someone once asked if I was worried that i was going to catch it because I volunteered there. .???

So this might be a real thread.

Talhayeasin

Just Browsing
Media
HIV progressively disables the immune system during a period that may span 15 years, occasioning a vast host of symptoms due first to the initial infection, then, later, mainly to opportunistic infections and malignancies.
Early Symptoms
Jacquelyn G. Black, Ph.D. states that within two to four weeks of infection a person may experience flu-like symptoms. According to Joyce M. Black, Ph.D. and her collaborators, for weeks or even months after getting infected 50 to 70 percent of infected individuals become sick with conditions including fever, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, vomiting, mouth or genital rashes, headache, thrush, diarrhea, or myalgia. Full topic is here http://healthdocpoint.com/hivaids-signs-and-symptoms-in-men-and-women