B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am not an assimilationist when it comes to Gay Pride.

Personally, for me being gay means reveling in, being fiercely proud of, glorifying being on the margins of society. It means making my own traditions and finding my own code of ethics outside of the conventions of society.

It means embracing the fact that you are special and different and finding empowerment in the fact that you were never meant to fit the pattern society cuts for its more banal members.

But as an Anarchist radical queer you really didn't think I'd say anything else, did you? :biggrin1:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Personally, for me being gay means reveling in, being fiercely proud of, glorifying being on the margins of society. It means making my own traditions and finding my own code of ethics outside of the conventions of society.

It means embracing the fact that you are special and different and finding empowerment in the fact that you were never meant to fit the pattern society cuts for its more banal members.

But as an Anarchist radical queer you really didn't think I'd say anything else, did you? :biggrin1:

You said it Bbucko :wink:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Nah, but I like what you have said.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Fucking right! For the most part... :tongue: do you really consider hetrosexuals banal though? We have many different flavours in our rainbow too, y'know. Or am I inferring something you aren't implying?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fucking right! For the most part... :tongue: do you really consider hetrosexuals banal though? We have many different flavours in our rainbow too, y'know. Or am I inferring something you aren't implying?

I was just being empowered, that's all :wink:

Actually, I think most people who deviate from the norm can be labeled queer, whether their partners/playmates share their gender or not.

Humanity's greatest strength lies in its diversity.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can only answer via my older brother's eyes.

It means living honestly about who he is. It means not being ashamed of who he is. It means being happy outside the closet rather than unhappy in it.

As his brother I see it as him being able to be himself with his niece and nephew. That my children can see that their Unca Ip is gay and that is OK. That mommy and daddy are great, but there are daddy and daddy and mommy and mommy out there and they are no less better than we. My kids will know that no matter what they do or who they love, they will always be accepted and loved by mommy and daddy. My kids, should they be gay or bi, will know they can tell mommy and/or daddy and rather than teary disappointment, they will be met with loving support and acceptance of their choice.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is bit off topic but from my view the percentage of gays should rise to control the overpopulation.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What does being heterosexual mean to you?

My sexuality is just a part of me and it doesn't define who I am as a person because I am more than my sexuality. It is like asking what is it like having red hair.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
What does being heterosexual mean to you?

My sexuality is just a part of me and it doesn't define who I am as a person because I am more than my sexuality. It is like asking what is it like having red hair.
Don't post that in the thread.. this is strictly for gay's lol. I'm not straight... not in the least.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me it means loving my partner, having and erotic and emotional appreciation of men, deciding for myself, being skeptical about social and cultural assumptions, being "knowing," recognizing oppression and supporting others, and being true to myself.

It also means stepping outside my door every day and carrying on my life knowing there are people who want to kill me.

Dave

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me it means loving my partner, having and erotic and emotional appreciation of men, deciding for myself, being skeptical about social and cultural assumptions, being "knowing," recognizing oppression and supporting others, and being true to myself.

It also means stepping outside my door every day and carrying on my life knowing there are people who want to kill me.

Dave

Why do you think they want to kill you? Do you think it is because they have some insecurities about their own sexuality?

xemnasfury21

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It just means I have a wider scope of who I find attractive. I am not a different person for it. I would say a lot of identifying as straight because gay/lgbt pride has never interested me

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When it finally occurred to me at 25 that I bat for the other team, it answered many questions. Why do all the girls in my life want to be my best friend and not my lover? They didn't want to have sex with me because I was too good of a friend and they didn't want to lose me as a friend. That sucks! I was extremely fit and didn't think that I was ugly in my early 20s. I'm a very nice guy - the sincere type that you would want to bring home to meet mom. Yet most of the women that I tried to get intimate with shot me down. I had a few good affairs, but nothing lasted. I felt really inadequate that I wasn't attractive to women. Then when my best friend and I took it to the next level unexpectedly, all kinds of fireworks went off. I found all the passion, intensity, and affection that had been missing. Oh! So this is the deal. 31 years later here I am. I'm glad to be me and I wouldn't change a thing except my bank account balance!

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To me the following applies.

Gay = Likes sex with boys
Queer = Older kamp guy who likes sex with guys
Faggot = Bundle of sticks suitable for lighting a fire
Poo Pusher = Gay

Im Gay

Hold up on the bashing I meant this post as a light hearted joke.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I was just being empowered, that's all :wink:

Actually, I think most people who deviate from the norm can be labeled queer, whether their partners/playmates share their gender or not.

Humanity's greatest strength lies in its diversity.

Thanks Bb - both for the fact and content of the explanation, which I happen to agree with.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

wow
that's an amazing answer. you ever been to "Burning Man"?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Homo/Heterosexuality doesn't mean anything more than which gender one is attracted to.

The rest is self-inflicted lifestyles/beliefs which makes people feel better (or possibly worse) about their sexuality. It's important to be able to separate the factors of our sexuality that are consciously chosen and those that aren't. (But most either can't or don't.)

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave NoCal

Dave

Why do you think they want to kill you? Do you think it is because they have some insecurities about their own sexuality?

Absolutely. Extreme homophobia is strongly associated with unwanted and unaccepted homosexual arousal. It's not like I'm afraid all the time but I think I need to keep it in the back of my mind that this is an area in a few some men are quite crazy.
Dave