What does "best-friendship" mean to you?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder about something, I have 2 best friends and when I inform this to one person, he said, "we can only have 1 best friend!" and when I think about it, it kinda makes sense because best means it's one at the toppest level. But then I love both of them, so, I still see them as best friends. What do you guys think, how many best friends do you have?

Another question, what makes a friend a best friend to you? Does he have to do something? Or is it established at the point you guys can feel like you belong together without any responsibilities? Or is it because of responsibilities with each others that make you two best friends?

I don't really use the 'best friend' term that often. I prefer a group of ppl I like. I might spend more time with one of them, but it can change sometimes.

Also, if you do have a best mate - you can still have other mates too (and so can they).

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmm, can i safely say it's because you're straight? and straight male friendships are more into groups and more impersonal? i don't know, IMO...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Best implies only one. Don't let shit that doesn't matter get to you.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Straight, gay or bi does not matter with friendships. Far from. Every person will have a best friend. Most of the time you'll have one best friend. By that I don't mean the others aren't your best friends. For example; I have a group of friends that I call my best friends because I know them for years now and I feel very comfterable with them and I know I can share stuff with them without being judged. But in that best friend group you still have a favourite, someone you like a bit more because they stand closer to you.

But you can have more best friends... In my group of friends, I have one I get along with better then with the rest of them. But I also have a best friend I've met on the internet, I also have a best friend at my college... So the standard of best-friend is different from person to person.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Sometimes best friends become the ones you "hate" the most, because a best friend can hurt you the most. You always hurt the ones you love the most... And that is a fact many face in life. I had a best friend for 13 years... But she made the choice to go for her boyfriend and drop our friendship because he was jealous about it. And I can say she was my best friend, she knew me the best and knew, without telling her, what was going on. But that friendship is over... Hard world... But yeah, that is life like some say.

But for some friends you'll fight because in the end it is worthed.

Last edited:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
A best friend to me is someone I can share everything with, tell my deepest secrets to, forgive me when I fuck up. No matter how long we go without talking or seeing each other, we connect the minute we speak. And you think of that person every waking moment, and know your life would be empty and never be the same if they were gone.

My girlfriend, CondomFairy, is my best friend. I've never had a friend that can even come close to her.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I think a best friend is a person whom you feel totally connected with in a really deep way, some people find that in their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/life partner, some people find that in a platonic relationship or a member of their family.

Ultimately I think the bond of that kind of friendship is unbreakable, it means that even if you don't speak to one another for long periods of time, or even if you go through periods of discord and ill feeling that you and your best friend will always be connected and no matter what happens it will always feel familiar and comfortable to be able to be completely open and honest with them even if in being honest you both express negative emotions rather than positive ones.

I have a best friend from school, we've been going through a difficult patch for the last few years, she moved abroad and we haven't had much time together since and our lives have put us at odds some times, but we still love eachother and feel deeply connected even if we're not getting on well. Even if we're both really pissed off with eachother we can still rely on eachother if we need to and nothing would stop us from being able to discuss anything at all that might be going on in our lives or which might be bothering us.

I don't think many people can claim more than one or two of those kinds of relationships, I don't say that you can only have one best friend but I do think you can only ever have very very few :)

Last edited:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes best friends become the ones you "hate" the most, because a best friend can hurt you the most. You always hurt the ones you love the most... And that is a fact many face in life. I had a best friend for 13 years... But she made the choice to go for her boyfriend and drop our friendship because he was jealous about it. And I can say she was my best friend, she knew me the best and knew, without telling her, what was going on. But that friendship is over... Hard world... But yeah, that is life like some say.

But for some friends you'll fight because in the end it is worthed.

I totally agree... I find that the one person who's been trying to hurt me the most was my best friend. Sadly, I wasn't aware of this fact in the past and the consequence is, he is no longer my best friend. The conflict was destructive and destroying everything we had together.

Well a best friend will have no strings sex with you if you dont score at the bar or glory hole.... I HAVE NO BEST FRIENDS !!

well, how about the ones who find the other half as their best friends? there is friendship AND sex... :)

I don't think many people can claim more than one or two of those kinds of relationships, I don't say that you can only have one best friend but I do think you can only ever have very very few :)

couldn't have said it better myself... I totally agree... It takes a lifetime to find one person who can understand you inside out...who can be willing to cut some slacks for mistakes that we do and willing to patch things up when things go wrong... I wish luck to best friends around the world!

D

deleted3782

Sometimes best friends become the ones you "hate" the most, because a best friend can hurt you the most.

I agree. The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference.

Bests friends for me ebb and flow...sometimes they are best because they need me, other times they are best because they have something that I need...like a similar experience, perspective, or interest. The older I get, the less best friends I have.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe a person can only have one actual "best friend" at a time. As with anything, you will always like one thing more than the other, even if it's only marginally so.

My best friend can make me feel stupid and shameful exactly when I need to feel that way. She puts me in my place.:tongue:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe a person can only have one actual "best friend" at a time. As with anything, you will always like one thing more than the other, even if it's only marginally so.

My best friend can make me feel stupid and shameful exactly when I need to feel that way. She puts me in my place.:tongue:

Yeah, I also wonder why straight guys always have females as their best friends, or is it my overly narrowed perception of straight best-friendship?

Media
Yeah, I also wonder why straight guys always have females as their best friends, or is it my overly narrowed perception of straight best-friendship?

That is an overly narrow point of view all the way around. It depends on the situation, the variables too numerous to mention here.

Life is varied on all levels, all of creation is for that matter.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have one best friend, since I was 11 years old. We accept one another, as is, and when it comes time to telling the truth...it gets told. Out right.

I need that in my life.

What a blessing. I miss living close enough to someone I could call that.