What does Christmas mean to you?

Not a great deal.

Bank holidays, nice lights, fun telly. That's about it.
Also means...pagan holiday syncretised into Christianity, lol - but anyway.

Humbug to all! :D

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^ What he said. ;P

Just being together with your family and friends that you love, relax and enjoy the company, eating great food and wash away the stress - though before the holiday begin, the stress is maximized, with all the present-hunting. ;p

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
I think of it in 2 aspects- Santa Claus and Jesus. Regardless of your religious beliefs, or lack of them, it's obvious to see that it is a heavy experience. I'm not religious now, but it is very emotional to see the hundreds of thousands at the Vatican for mass on Christmas. It's the essence of all that is good about humanity-or the wish that humanity is good and worthy of redemption- coming together in that moment. Very powerful mass experience.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was raised jewish and for years we only celebrated Hanukkah and when my half brother was born he was raised christian; then we started celebrating both; we started referring to everything between Thanksgiving and New Years as "The Holidays."
My partner was raised Serbian Orthodox and he has special holiday traditions so they have been added to the mix. The six weeks of "The Holidays" are special foods, decorations and rituals as well as seeing family and friends.
In addition to all this our anniversary falls in the middle of the month of December so for me it's a holiday spirit of giving thanks and reflection and celebrating the joy of life.
On top of all of that I finish all of my shopping and wrapping and shipping before the holidays begin so I don't have to set foot into a store or post office once things get insane. I really enjoy baking all the holiday treats and listening to the music or watching the special christmas programing on television.
I love the memories and traditions of my childhood and enjoy building new memories and experiencing new traditions to share in the future.

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I always feel wistful at Christmas and recall wonderful childhood memories of celebrations with grandparents and other relatives and friends no longer with me. I also love being with my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and getting together with friends throughout the holiday season.

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

Account Disabled
Media
disappointment
bad memories
dysfunctional family
:frown1:

Luckily there is a bright spot for me in a dark time. My oldest daughter's due date was Dec 24th so every Christmas I order a nice birthday cake and we eat chocoalte cake with vanilla ice cream. I'm planning on cutting the cake tomorrow at 4:30 PM Central time. Anyone who likes cake stop on over. I do have to warn you that it will have a vampire and a wolf on it. :redface:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Memories & Thoughts of all who have shared life over the past year
Thats thruout the day
THEN
get Pissed and Cook me a decent feed
(prefer spending it alone)
a GOOD SLEEP with assistance perhaps
(next year i may decide to spend it with family, whatever)

the NEW Year?? ha holds a little more importance
enz