what does it mean when?

crocket

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have a rather odd question to ask, but its not that odd compared to some of the others on here :rolleyes:. Anyways first off, Im kinda new around here, but i've been reading the posts! hehe, anyways to the question, is there any truth behind the whole top and bottom and wearing a wrist-band? I once heard that if a gay male wore it on, say his left wrist, it meant he was a bottom, and the right would mean a top? ... any truth behind that? Thanks! :smile:

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have it reversed. Items, such as keys, armbands, hankies, etc. worn on the left designate a top, on the right a bottom. The color of hankies tucked in one's left or right pocket can indicate preferred sexual acts. See, for example, http://www.drizzle.com/~elf/faqs/hankies.html

A historical article about the "hanky code" can be found in a back issue of Leather Times (the newsletter of the Leather Archives and Museum), at http://www.leatherarchives.org/resources/issue23.pdf

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah--I wear an leather and metal armband on the left. As I become more versatile, I will purchase a matching one for the right arm (perhaps). I don't advertise bottom as I don't go there with most guys--plus good tops are in demand.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not really that adventerous and I would still be completely covered in hankercheifs, keys, armbands, etc.

jackM50black

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear a thin rubber black o ring gasket on my left wrist (about the width of spaghetti). A relative told me she knows it means something, but she does'nt know what.... hmmm.... whatever could that black rubber thing signify? :rolleyes: Actually, I like most everything and am not into role playing. I have just come to realize, (with the input of partners and friends) that I am more top than bottom.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't worry about secret codes or symbols. I'll just flat out ask someone if they're a top or bottom. Being versital means it doesn't really matter much.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Lex said:
Yeah--I wear an leather and metal armband on the left. As I become more versatile, I will purchase a matching one for the right arm (perhaps). I don't advertise bottom as I don't go there with most guys--plus good tops are in demand.
You've sure loosened up since I first arrived on this board.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:

It must be all the large cocks in here--enough to loosen anybody up.:biggrin1:

Can you tell I'm back to smartass? :smile:

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sorcerer said:
Call me old fashioned but I never got going about festooned with things to let people know if you take it up the butt or not.

Me neither, athough I find this quite interesting.:rolleyes: I've never worn any jewlry except a watch (and once a pinky ring) it's always been worn on my left. I do that becase I use that ring that I wore on the right I smashed to pieces when younger. If I wear anything on my right it won't last long.:cool:

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
Me neither, athough I find this quite interesting.:rolleyes: I've never worn any jewlry except a watch (and once a pinky ring) it's always been worn on my left. I do that becase I use that ring that I wore on the right I smashed to pieces when younger. If I wear anything on my right it won't last long.:cool:
I've always found a good hard kiss with my hand on the lower inside of their ass would tell me everything I needed to know. Also, I'm far too moody (sexually) to have to remember what to attach to myself.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:

I am open to new experiences, sexy. I have to learn to bottom if you and I are gonna swap fucks, now don't I?

Sorcerer said:
Call me old fashioned but I never got going about festooned with things to let people know if you take it up the butt or not.

Right, which is why I advertise that *I* will fuck you if you want me to and I want to do it. I lot of bottoms say they have a difficult time finding guys who want to top.
As the internet goes TOP = vers, VERS = Bottom, BOTTOM= you'll get no replies. Sad, but true. Most guys who want to be clear will say TOTAL TOP.

Bryan_Lyte2 said:

Sexy, with that body and that cock you can wear ANYthing (or NOTHING) and look just fine. I would dress you up in a sheer chain main shirt and some leather pants and...WHEW..watch the men fall out over you at the bars I go to.

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've heard of similar customs being observed in the past, but I don't think it really happens any more. Especially in the UK, which, generally speaking, is much more liberal than the US. Some older guys I've spoken to who grew up as gay kids in the 60s have told me about various secret codes and practices which took place.