What does love feel like?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by grandunification, Apr 20, 2009.

1. grandunification

grandunification Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I have this desire to fall in love, but hugely doubt it will ever happen, as a lot of the men in my family line don't get married. Would you say it is better than sex?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Of course being in love is better than sex. Sex is so much only happening when it's happening, love is an all the time feeling.

Sex while in love is better too.

3. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    being in love is the best & worst feeling in the world...
    it's better than sex or anything else...
    and it also hurts worse than anything else you can imagine...

4. musclemonkey5

musclemonkey5 New Member

Love is a very powerful thing. Believe me, the romanticism of it is not unrealistic. Love is the ultimate devotion and empathy, to care about someone with all your heart

5. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I would say that sex is one of the ways to express love but for some people love doesn't seem to be necessary to have sex. I also think that to "fall in love" is the initial aspect of being attractive to someone. It's very strong, mutual and overwhelming. But ultimately loving someone in the long haul is a different experience. It comes from a certain level of commitment and caring that lasts through the years. It maybe begins with falling in love but seems to be more based on a deep caring friendship between two people over a period of years. I don't think you have to get married to love someone. The "married" part to me is basically about raising children. I know many people who love each other very much but aren't married. I also think that loving another person is one of the most wonderful things that someone can do.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Ever hear of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you keep being gloom and doom and spending so much time online as opposed to out and about meeting people then you will never meet women. Maybe the men in your family who didn't marry are closet gays? :confused: Or maybe they let their fears overwhelm them and never made an attempt to date . . . kind like what you do in many of your posts. :cool:

You read my mind.

and it also hurts worse than anything else you can imagine...[/QUOTE]
    Oprah says, "If you have never wanted to kill somebody then you have never been in love." She's right too.

#6 Principessa, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. Maxime_

Maxime_ New Member

It is FAR BETTER than sex....sex doesn't leave you anything when it is over....and also when it's happening it doesn't give you anything but sexual pleasure. Nothing special to me. I could alsolive without it. I have my own hands if i want to have n orgasm:)!

Being in love is a good illusion,as most of the things in life.Not to be negative but it's a waste of time,waste of money,waste of hopes and dreams....and then it will be over in most cases. You should be lucky to find the one of your life to get real advantage from it. Meanwhile you have to try to find it and suffer,feel on top for a short amount of time and then suffer much again.....such a troubled thing love is!:-S

If you haven't fallen in love yet,you shouldn't be lookig outside,but inside yourself. You can't say you didn't find the right one or swear against life....it could just mean you don't want to,or you have some kind of attitude or behaviour or inner block which prevents you from feeling love for somebody else.

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Only you have the power to allow yourself to fall in love: no one else. I've always said (and I get older, it becomes ever-more apparent) that love is the gift you give yourself.

I've had my fair share of fierce crushes. Some I've allowed myself, others I just nipped in the bud and moved on. It's striking to me that these have little to do with the other guy. Less frequently, I'll allow myself to be the subject of someone else's infatuation: if I cannot honestly return the feelings in kind, I rarely see any reason to encourage anything.

But love, real heart-crushing, soul-minimizing, all-consuming, stand-in-the-rain-without-an-umbrella love has really only happened to me three times. It's an ego-shattering, head-long dive into emotion and passion. I've been lucky enough to have it returned twice. The third time was like firing a blank, though it didn't feel any different, really. And even though the two who did return my love in kind have been dead for many years now, I'll never love them less, and their lack has left holes in my soul that will never really be healed.

In between what I've described above and a crush is what I call soft-contentment love. This I've felt more often. In fact, my two longest relationships (four and nine years, respectively) were just of this type. I fell in love with them completely, loved them deeply, and tried with all my heart to make the commitment work. I don't look at the fact that they eventually ended as any failing, just a facet of the limitations of the guys involved. If things had worked out differently, I'm sure we'd still be together. And I have the satisfaction of knowing that I was not the one who couldn't live up to the lives we tried to share.

The minute I'm no longer capable of giving and receiving love is the moment I hope I never live to see, as I'll be so fundamentally altered so as to be unfamiliar to myself and those who know me.

9. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

never been in "love" and can't understand what it's all about.

10. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

There is love and there is love... You can be strucked by a person and fall in love with that person. But later you realise it is a deep friendship that you care for that person, a very close friendship. And because of that friendship you love that person.

I never had that, but what I have is that I love my friends and family deeply. Some very close that you even can wonder if it isn't falling in love.
    I like this text a lot, it says enough about how friends can feel, without being in love:

Being in his/her company brings out the best of your personality traits, and in interacting with them, there's a really good camaraderie and fit. It's also a little disarming. Being so struck by this individual and knowing that there's good friendship chemistry present, you start letting down your guard/boundaries down a little more quickly than with most people.

11. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

Love is a wonderful thing, hope you experience it for another person (in the sense you mean it) one day.

12. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Of course love is better than sex. That is if you have to separate the two. Together, they strengthen one another though. The actual "fall" is the best part. Being there 'in love' cannot be compared to anything. It makes you confident and vulnerable simultaneously. The best, in my experience, has been when the "fall" happens effortlessly. Then, you're at the point where you can enjoy being in love. Those of us that have experienced being in love know the difference from loving someone and being in love. "In" is definitely better:biggrin1:

I've had great sex in some of my past relationships, but the sex that I've had while I was in love with someone was phenomenal. For me, it really diminishes the hype surrounding a one-night stand. Good luck with falling in love. It's about the best gift still around:smile:

#12 8060, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  13. Mr_Cumalot

Mr_Cumalot New Member

Albums:
    When it goes well it is better than anything in the world. It takes you over and you are absorbed by it.

When it goes wrong it is like having a wank with a hand full of broken glass.

14. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is such a good description of love gone wrong.

15. Fredro

Fredro New Member

Love? You will know you experienced love when the one you loved is removed from your life forever and you just lie on your bed and cry like a baby for days.

16. D_Tina_Ciao

D_Tina_Ciao Account Disabled

It's better than anything else on this earth. Period. I have only been "in love" once in my long life, and I still love him 48 years later, even though I'm not with him. That's the bittersweet part, but the love I experienced was the deepest, most real, truest, most important thing that ever happened to me.

Unfortunately, I think I'm a "one-man" woman - which sucks if the love can't be given and reciprocated. But I'm grateful to God that He allowed me to experience it. I was greatly loved once, and loved greatly, with all my heart, soul, mind, and might - giving my all and holding back nothing. What a privilege!

17. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think real love....when you love someone and they love you back...is actually (as the song says) a very quiet thing.

18. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

"and remember, the true measure of love is not how much you love, but how much you are loved by others" From the Wizard of OZ.

As far as romantic love...
    Love only happens when you are willing to make yourself vunerable. When you leave yourself wide open to hurt and place so much trust in another person that they could destroy you effortlessly. And, you can do the same to them.

Love is a risk. The rewards are high, but so are the losses. True love only exsists in these two extremes. The more vunerable you make yourself to being hurt, the better it feels when things are right.

If you have never felt this way, IMHO, you never felt true love. If you could brush it off like rain off a raincoat, you have not been in love. Although it can fade slowly over time and two people can grow apart.

As far as sex is concerned...
    The term "making love" comes from having sex when you are in love because it is the closest two human beings can interact.

Is it better than sex alone? Yes.
    Is love without sex better than sex?
    That is up to the induvidual to answer.

19. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

Oh dang, I never answered the question. How does it feel?
    It is probably the greatest feeling ever. You look at a person and you see a future. You feel like you have a purpose in life. Everything around you can fall apart and you still have a reason to keep going, hoping for another day so that you could spend those prescious minutes, hours, seconds with that person. You see yourself growing with that person and all the possiblities that lie ahead are exciting.

When you cannot wait to be with that person and tell them something and share. It is the feeling of hope. Love is the greatest hope.

20. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love and sex are very intertwined: when you love someone deeply you want to have sex with them, and they with you. Another thing I have observed, and have experienced myself to a degree, is that there are different forms of love. The most common is friendbship-companionship love, which forms the basis of most relationships. Sometimes this type of love isn't intense enough to last the distance, and generally the lack of passion spells doom. If not divorce, then postings on forums like this about not having had sex for the last seven years.

The other type of love is passionate love, when you are knocked over by sexual attraction. This type of love is very intense, but cannot last the distance.

A third type of love, and it is very rare but worth searching for, is a combination of friendship and passion. A person who is your soulmate on many levels. It is rare, but if you find it you will understand the difference between this deeper form of love and the more superficial companionate love.

Draft saved Draft deleted