What does love feel like?

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Love and sex are very intertwined: when you love someone deeply you want to have sex with them, and they with you. Another thing I have observed, and have experienced myself to a degree, is that there are different forms of love. The most common is friendbship-companionship love, which forms the basis of most relationships. Sometimes this type of love isn't intense enough to last the distance, and generally the lack of passion spells doom. If not divorce, then postings on forums like this about not having had sex for the last seven years.

The other type of love is passionate love, when you are knocked over by sexual attraction. This type of love is very intense, but cannot last the distance.

A third type of love, and it is very rare but worth searching for, is a combination of friendship and passion. A person who is your soulmate on many levels. It is rare, but if you find it you will understand the difference between this deeper form of love and the more superficial companionate love.

I think that all these loves are possible but at different times in your life. I don't think one is better than the other. They all unfold as you learn more about yourself and the other person. I don't think we are made to deeply love only one person. I think we can love as deeply as we and the other person allow. It's all a matter of how open we can be in our lives. Most people don't allow themselves the opportunity to do this because society tells them that they can only have "one love", that is, married love. There are as many opportunities as we give ourselves.

D

deleted356736

The most enlightening thing for me was to once love two women at the same time in different relationships, and realise that I had room in my heart for the both of them. It wasn't either / or, it was additive, and the love I felt for my first was just as strong as always, even though I loved another as well.

The not surprising thing was both women were very similar to one another, personality wise, although one was much more naturally sensual.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
One really needs a few words to explain one's take on all this.

Some are quite content to be guided by the animal urges we all have. That's lust. In our society we are taught to think that that is best confined to fantasy, solo sessions, and the like. Our society communicates that this natural urge needs to be directed in more wholesome activity of the kind that society approves. So we have the dating scene; and society, by and large, wants that directed toward the opposite sex.

But when we talk about love we ought to get serious. I like the suggestion that one who loves another is willing to seek the good of the other for the sake of the other rather than one's own. When two persons have so bonded to each other that they want and need to express their affection they often find that sexual activity is wanted and needed by both. And the sex has the wonderful capacity to confirm the bond of love that has already come to be between two persons. The sex transforms and strengthens the bond of love.

The love of self is also very natural: just remember the joy and thrill of discovering how with hand and cock brought into contact one can do oneself a great favor!!! Right?
But, we all learn that bringing in another person can make the thrill different but still pleasing. When guys say they are so horny they could fuck anyone, their aim is to "get laid" and that means to "get off", a nice change from just "getting oneself off" even when the other person is often simply the means. There's often no love in it. It's often excused as being "just sex" with no strings attached.

In love there are always strings attached. Binding oneself to another one discovers that there is also the gain of having the other bind him/ner self to oneself. That for me is the gold standard in love.