What Does Your Halloween Costume Say About You?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't dress up year since over here you generally stop after you get to around 15 at the latest. Or if you have kids you walk them around but you don't dress up yourself.

Another difference is here you dress up as SCARY characters/monsters. Not fairytale crap like Snow White etc :tongue:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They do Halloween parties in some pubs and clubs SLB, and some people have parties around Halloween and designate them fancy dress for no better excuse than they like to dress up. I didn't this year but a few times I've been to parties and dressed up for Halloween, I've been a witch, Elizabeth Bathory and a gothic witch. Halloween's crap but dressing up is fun.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:tongue:

I still think its not on as large a scale as in America though. And there are a lot more American adults who engage in the Halloweeney festivities.

We still have scarier costumes here. I dressed up as Freddy Krueger once, made quite a bit of money. It stunk like gone off cheese inside though :redface:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No it's nowhere on the scale it is in America, here it's just one day, in America they celebrate it like we celebrate Christmas, however we celebrate Christmas for practically six months and I understand in America that's a much lesser holiday. Can't understand that, Christmas has pressies, Halloween has pumpkins!!!!!!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, SP, when you open a pumpkin, there are FAR more "presents" (seeds) inside... :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

-------

This year, I dressed in a green tunic and brown tights and boots. I suspended cooking pots from my belt, and went as "Peter Pans" (see Avatar).

I guess what that says about me is that "I can fry, I can fry, I can fry..."

(the song, "I can fly" for those of you who haven't had kids, and therefore haven't endured endless repetitions of various Peter Pan movies/plays)

- - - - - - -- -

I suspended a hula hoop around my waist and called the area that was created 'MySpace' and went around slapping 'friend requests' (on Post Its) on everyone. :biggrin1:

That is frigging hilarious! I wish I'd thought of that!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I'm not a hamster, I don't eat seeds."

"I'm not a rabbit, I don't eat salad" (I say this to my mum anytime she tries making it.

LOL -- if I was your mom, I'd throw in the dish towel!

If my kids don't worship the food I put on their plate, I go on strike in the kitchen!

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No it's nowhere on the scale it is in America, here it's just one day, in America they celebrate it like we celebrate Christmas, however we celebrate Christmas for practically six months and I understand in America that's a much lesser holiday. Can't understand that, Christmas has pressies, Halloween has pumpkins!!!!!!

not really. Halloween's maybe a week long event...Christmas, we start preparing and celebrating for...well, pretty much right after Halloween ends. it's a HUGE deal here in the States. what with our love of Jesus and all. :biggrin1:

either way, i think we just like people coming back from the dead...:cool:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Never wore one...never went trick or treating (until I had my own kids and brought em). AS a kid there was something about having to actually ask someone for a treat that didn't quite sit well with me. Whole thing seemed to be a terrible bore. Remember one time I took one of my brothers. I wore a mask (just so people wouldn't know it was me). But someone knew anyway, to my embarrassment....bummer...

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I was nakkid with rollerskates on and I went as a pull toy.