What does your screen name mean?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by BigA, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BigA

BigA New Member

Sometimes it's self-explanatory, but I often wonder when I see people's screen names what inspired that choice. I just chose mine real fast. If I had known i'd be posting so much I would have thought of something better. The "A", as most people know, just stands for asshole.

2. joffreyxxl

joffreyxxl New Member

When I joined this site I was sure that xxl would fit properly with the lenght of my dick! But now I do know better. I am not complaining about my dick size, but having seen lots of others on this site, I'd rather get rid of the xxl.... I should have been more modest to start with.....
    Joff

3. KY-kara

KY-kara New Member

Albums:
    I used KY, as in KY Jelly... haha.

4. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    i like jockstraps.. the trufit-jock.. was made by kmart in the 90's and no longer available.. and a collectors item so to speak.. and very comfy !!

5. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

Very clever, Kara :) I like it. Mine's a euphemism for what we all come to this site to see & discuss.....the metaphor being that one's dick can be used as a piston in certain situations. And Jeff I think you belong here perfectly. Great pics, and looks like you enjoy working out, which is always cool to see.

6. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

BigA, it could mean big arse. That meaning would make you very popular on here. :wink:
    Mine is a nick given at work. I called a guy tootie, he called me hootie.

7. BigA

BigA New Member

I thought for sure you were THE Darius Rucker:biggrin1:

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I found this site to be completely absurd and ridiculous when I found it, and so wanted a handle that was fittingly absurd and ridiculous. As rob_just_rob put it in another thread, the only thing more ridiculous than bragging about penis size on the internet is bragging about your IQ, so I slapped the two together.

I found the juxtaposition humorous, since one thing (either intelligence or penis size) is often praised at the expense of the other, and rarely are the two things considered to go together. By suggesting in my handle that they might, I was almost suggesting (in a ridiculous way) that there may be some scholarly merit in the sophisticated examination of penis size. I thought that if I were going to come to a website to start talking up the size of my manhood throwing my mensa card down on the proverbial table would be an appropriately stupid thing to do while I was at it.

I'm also by nature a pretty modest and softspoken individual, at least in person. However, merely the act of joining a group that exists (as evinced by the posts if not by the name of the club) to celebrate the physical endowment of its members seemed itself to be a ridiculously brazen and egotistical thing to do. So I wanted a ridiculously brazen and egotistical name to go along with this act of joining. I saw plenty of other handles here when I joined that oh-so-subtly suggested something about that member's member. I did that, and tacked on an IQ score for an extra dash of ironic self-mocking egocentric boldness.

9. Ganymede

Ganymede Guest

My answer is very heavy. Imported from
    http://www.lpsg.org/relationships-discrimination-and-jealousy/39457-gender-identity-and-sexual-preference.html

One reason I chose the name "Ganymede" is because my own conflicts about my gender set in during my youth, right around the time I entered puberty. I have always loved women. I have been attracted to women since I was three years old. But as I entered puberty I was sickened to see that my body was turning into one of "those" abusive people known as "men." I didn't want to be like them. I remember seeing my body change shape, my penis and testicles change, and just being sickened to think that I had most likely embarked on a journey that would end in me becoming one of the abusive, blight on humanity idiots known as "men" that I had grown up around.

Now, as a male in my early 30s, I look back on myself in my early teens as I was going through puberty and I realize that I was actually a handsome young man, and the process of becoming a man is beautiful, because the experience of being a man is beautiful. Maleness is beautiful. Now, in my "Zues" form (an older male comfortable in my own masculinity) I look back at the "Ganymede" that I was -- and I love him. Earlier, some had questioned how a straight male could use the name "Ganymede," because Ganymede was part of a Greek myth wherein Zues became attracted to Ganymede (a young male). The answer is that I, a self-identified straight male, am now attracted to the process of maleness within myself.

For those unfamiliar with the Greek myth of Ganymede, here's the Wikipedia article: Ganymede - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About my Avatar: it contains a picture of Zues in the form of an eagle carrying Ganymede away to be the cupbearer of the gods.

10. Ganymede

Ganymede Guest

I think I'm in love with you. "Juxtaposition" has always been one of my favorite words. I try to use it as often as possible. Seriously. I love it.

11. nick22ca

nick22ca Member

Mine isn't as self-explanatory as most think. Nick, for example, stands for my name. The '22' happens to correspond to the day of the month I was born on (and currently, it is my age). The 'ca' indicates that I am in Canada.

Oh wait, I guess it is as self-explanatory as everyone thinks.

12. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    For those confused, "Zues" is probably better known in the more commonly spelled form of "Zeus" (Ζεύς), chief Olympian god.

13. mindseye

Gold Member

At the time I joined LPSG, I worked my way through grad school as a janitor at Middle Ages Brewing in Syracuse, NY. (This is the company that makes Druid Fluid, a local specialty.) They had just come out with their special 11th Anniversary Double Wheat beer, which was so frothy that it often would spill over out of the vats.

However, I realized that the name "DoubleWheatMopper" would lead to confusion, so I picked "mindseye" instead.

14. nick22ca

nick22ca Member

hahaha, this made my day.

15. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think mine's pretty obvious. I'm in the UK, I'm a BBW and my name is...... go on, can you guess? lol

16. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Mildred! How HAVE you been? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

17. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    When I was in grade school my friends and I had a secret place under the crawlspace of a building where we would go and smoke cigarettes. My friend Elizabeth made up names and passwords that reflected the subterrenean nature of our hideout. She was a crative lass and decided to spell them all her own way. So we were snaik, wrat, wyrm, bugz, etc.
    So I brought that with me into adulthood.

18. socoken

socoken New Member

I used to drink a LOT of Southern Comfort when I was in college (hate it now). Thats the SoCo, and my name is Ken. In hindsight, I wish I would have picked something like "Smilin' Bob."

19. Vestigial

Gold Member

Vestigial

A vestigial organ... is both the evolutionary and non-evolutionary.

It has either lost it's purpose within the species...

...or has yet to gain it.

20. avalonjim

avalonjim Member

Albums:
    I live in Poughkeepsie, and my name is Ralph... although every middle Earther thinks I am one of them, and every cute guy on Catalina Island IM's me online thinking I am a new guy, completely missing the fact that I live in Avalon NJ, and my name is NOT Jamie, Jay, Jimmy, James (well OK that IS my name, but call me that and I don't respond, unless you are wearing leather chaps, a helmet and are about to make me.......... sorry I digress)

So yeah mine is a boring amalgamation of location and first name. Wonder what I will be called when I move? AvalonjimPhilly.... Nah don't like it. maybe I will become the Evilbadger and save art nerds everywhere from prosecution.....

Draft saved Draft deleted