What does your screen name mean?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Ditto.:tapedshut:

...Wise men say..... only fools rush in.....:rolleyes:

Anyways, my name came from the fact that I like the name Jeff, or liked it when I started. Black came from the fact that people used to make jokes about me because I tended to not eat things that were black (I.e bruised bananas), wear alot of black, etc.... Plus, I had just finished this book called "Black Sheep". It was just interesting.

B_dadboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
dadboy-- also my gaydar profile name -- 20 to 30 yrs. i seem to have ended up being a father figure in my old age. drew

surprise

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, my screen name came to reality because I was trying to spy on my bf on another website. I used this screen name there to create a profile and find his. It has since stayed with me. Turns out I shouldn't have been listening to my friends, especially ones who had other intentions.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh, man, that's just wrong. Public flogging for wreckless flogging will commence this weekend.

And, my name? Dragon went to a character I played in D&D back in the... Ummmearly-mid 80's

Oh.... a fellow former D&D'er!:biggrin1:

And we're exactly the same age. I really did love that game.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I spent the first thirty-two years of my life as a caterpillar...crawling. I spent the next two years spinning a cocoon around myself.

The cocoon matures every day, and I take on a new form inside it. I have become a Chrysalis.

Someday, I will break free, and fly.

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
My favorite Pink Floyd album. I like to ingest mind altering substances and listen to it.

But only when I know there isn't any heavy machinery, impressionable youth, republicans, or scanvenger smokers around.

"What does 'ummagumma' mean?"

[From David Schuetz and Steven Dobbs:] "Ummagumma" was a slang term for knockin' boots. (Knockin' boots of course being a slang term for doing the Wild Thang; which is, of course, slang for having sex.) Of course, Rock and Roll was a slang term for -- you get the picture. So, looked at that way, the album "Ummagumma" could simply mean "Rock and Roll."

The pronunciation of _Ummagumma_ also seems to be a little up in the air, BTW. On the BBC Omnibus Pink Floyd special, Nick Mason pronounces it "oo-mah-goo-mah," but there's also a RoIO where Roger announces a song from "uh-ma-gum-a."

...from the 'Echoes FAQ'

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Title of a Tom Swift book. The old Tom Swift, circa 1930. Most of the other titles (Tom Swift and his Motor Boat, etc) were nothing to get excited about.

Mr Memory is trying to tell me something .... haven't I mentioned this before?

elf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although a German guy in the chat room thought I chose "elf" since it means "eleven" (as in inches) in his language, that's not why I chose it. (Also, it would be WILDLY inaccurate). Elf was a nickname I was given by a boyfriend and it caught on amongst our group of friends. It's because my ears are pointy and my eyes are green and a bit slanty. (Probably some sea-faring ancestor has a fling with someone in Japan or Thailand or wherever). Also, elves are supposed to be pesky and mischievous and that sums up my on-line and real life personalities.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, well sorry i guess. I did a quick search with screen name and user name. didnt know what else to do.
Thats ok Big A Its allways interesting hearing why people picked their screen names. Plus there are new members. Nice thread.............:cool: :smile:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Some have wildly suggested (in pms...or is it p.m. s...or maybe pm's...) various imagined meanings for the initials "b.c.". It's only the initials to my name, though. (Yeah...I know...real creative).