What drives nasty, miserable people?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do they just want to pull everyone else into their misery?

earlogjam once described nasty, miserable people as being like grains of sand that usally aren't very important at all unless they get lodged in your eye.

I agree with this general description but would go a bit further by describing nasty, miserable people as being like astronomical black holes. By themselves, they can't do any damage. They require other objects to be significant. Anything that gets too near them can get sucked in, distorted and crushed by the bad karma.

Avoid contact with them whenever possible lest you share the same miserable fate.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm thoroughly sick of most of the people who spout off on this site about haters, they've bought it on themselves by the unpleasant way they've interacted with others on this site, or by being caught out in blatant untruths.People on here have been very tolerant and more than generous with their time and advice, they ask for advice then whine when the advice they get isn't what they want to hear, they whinge when someone refuses to suck up to them, they don't use any self analysis to work out why people are sick of their shit. You reap what you sow, if you don't want people to hate you don't be so fucking hateful.

I assume you are talking to me.

When I posted this thread it was about someone else who was being nasty to someone else for no reason.

Like Rubi ones asked and I paraphrase....what is their payoff?

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think, it is either self loathing that drives them,
either that or, it is a false sense of superiority.
compensation.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Both great points.

I think, it is either self loathing that drives them,
either that or, it is a false sense of superiority.
compensation.

earlogjam once described nasty, miserable people as being like grains of sand that usally aren't very important at all unless they get lodged in your eye.

I agree with this general description but would go a bit further by describing nasty, miserable people as being like astronomical black holes. By themselves, they can't do any damage. They require other objects to be significant. Anything that gets too near them can get sucked in, distorted and crushed by the bad karma.

Avoid contact with them whenever possible lest you share the same miserable fate.

THEEman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Same shit - different name.

Either way, its wanting what you cant have so you react in a negative way. To me thats what hate and misery stems from

are you a guy? everything that comes from your posts sound like your a guy I mean no offense. but I have only read a few of your posts. so before this is taken seriously I will read more.

*to lazy to not post ugh

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you first joined here Mem there were a good few people who considered you a troll, I didn't and in fact I spoke up for you on at least one occasion and tried to take your threads seriously. You were advised by a few people not to be overly defensive when someone disagreed with you and you did change the way you posted, although you were still quick to have a go at someone you perceived as 'hating you' you lightened up a little. However, there are some people on the net who think that being on the net means they have carte blanche to insult, lie and manipulate with no comeback - when they get the comeback their posts deserve (people calling them out on their lies, people questioning their right to freely insult people without getting back what they dished out) they instantly go into full on paranoia and start drivelling on about haters, people being in cliques, people being jealous, people transferring, etc. This is the net, you can join a new site and you've got a clean slate, you can make an unpleasant thread or an unpleasant post and people will treat that as a new start - but you can only do this so often, when it looks like your modus operandi is being a pile of shit people are as sure as hell going to notice. When your threads are starting to attract numerous negative replies it's not the numerous people who are at fault IT'S YOU!!!!! These people who are labelled haters aren't hating anyone, they're weary of seeing trolls pull their heads back in at the last minute and indulge in a giant bout of arse licking in the hopes it will make people think 'oh I was mistaken, they're ok.'

I wasn't addressing this to you Mem, while I think your posts are sometimes ill thought out and you're often overly defensive I don't and never have had a problem with what you post.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wasn't addressing this to you Mem, while I think your posts are sometimes ill thought out and you're often overly defensive I don't and never have had a problem with what you post.

Okay, cool. This post was about people who act like trolls and just post mean rotten, pointless things to others. I was just curious as to where their and anger comes from.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trolls are one thing Mem, but there's a tendency on this site for people to label anyone who doesn't kiss their arse a troll. Trolls are horrible, but have you seen kids in a playground - people are cruel by nature.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
people are cruel by nature.

That is a good answer to the topic of this thread.

Most people are somewhere in between (like in the Bi thread).

Some are almost always nice, some almost always nasty and miserable.

The rest are in between and can choose to be nice or mean.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We often choose whether to be nice or nasty based on what we're commenting on, it's not just some random choice to be nasty. I try to be as nice as I can, I always try to give newbies a hand, I always try to help newbies in the chat room - if they're nice, but why should anyone be nice to someone who's unpleasant?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We often choose whether to be nice or nasty based on what we're commenting on, it's not just some random choice to be nasty. I try to be as nice as I can, I always try to give newbies a hand, I always try to help newbies in the chat room - if they're nice, but why should anyone be nice to someone who's unpleasant?

I was thinking in real life terms too. Sometimes things put you in a bad mood and you have to choose to not take it out on other people. Such as when you are already aggravated and you go to the supermarket and people leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle. You can choose to be nice and say "excuse me" or carefully move their cart out of the way or push their cart with yours.

These people are being unpleasant, but it is not intentional, they are just oblivious to their surroundings. I must admit that sometimes after the 5th person doing this I do nudge my cart into theirs. But usually I do go into the supermarket with the mindset of being nice instead of mean.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They're being dopey aren't they but they're not being mean or nasty, meanness or nastiness is intentional.

This was the point of my thread. Nasty mean people who do it intentionally are just doing it because it is their nature.