What exactly defines a “Dad bod” and do I have one or something else?

diggita

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was recently discussing “Dad bods” with someone and we were discussing whether or not I could use that description for myself.
What do you think? Is that a correct term or would “chub”, “heavyset” or something else? I have come to terms with my size and have embraced it. I am not ashamed or won’t be offended by your responses. I know there is a small group of people here who appreciate something other than a swimmers body

1651181548725.jpeg

1651181577478.jpeg

diggita

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I would define yours as "Beer belly"... Dad bod to me, is someone that is 10-20 pounds overweight and a little soft around the edges, some love handles.
Thanks for your honesty and input. I had the same thought about how to describe a dad bod and said that I was too overweight to be called that.

Reactions: biginch18

LOVE_MMFs

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don’t know that there is a universally accepted definition of the term Dad Bod. I always considered it the body type of a middle age man who is in reasonably good shape, perhaps a former athlete in high school or college, but who has a bit of extra fat covering up an otherwise muscular physique. If he dropped 20 pounds or so, he’d probably have visible abs.

Lookinginconshy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
@LOVE_MMFs

sounds fair. I don’t think if lost 20 lbs I’d have visible abs
Well look at it this way, losing 20 lbs would perhaps move you into a category closer to the abs showing category!!!

There so many confusing categories I see people label themselves:
Hot Body- is this a fit guy with a six pack or high body temperature?
Muscular - well I guess bulging muscles and nice tight ass
Fit- ok weight in proportion to height or right size dick for your ass?
Burly - I think a shorter guy with solid thick legs and body but not fat. Is this the same as Stocky? Your guess is good as mine.
Beefy - got me. Is it is the same as burly? Stocky? Fit?
Runners/Swimmers Body - hmmm I see a lot of all sizes running and swimming from skinny to obese. So what is it?
Dad Body - here we go catch all for out of shape guys of all ages. The tire around the middle maybe?
Overweight - not weight/height proportional I assume. Just plain fat?
Cubby- more than overweight, kind of jiggly body? A nice word for fat?
Fat- depends on the viewer/beholder
Beer Bellied - big bulging stomach not letting the person see their own dick when looking down and can’t tie shoes without grunting.
Bear- could be a burly or beefy or overweight hairy guy but more often a beer-bellied hairy beast of a nice guy. They tend to like camping, flannel shirts and colorful hankies and drink lots of beer. All sort of subcategories here: cub, otter, etc… I like otters - any near me want to hook up? Sorry saw an opportunity here.
Obese- extremely overweight guy that usually have rolls of loose jiggle fat that hangs from the body. Usually men over 275 lbs. I didn’t make this funny because usually these guys suffer from health issue to bad jokes. They struggle.

I am sure there are categories I missed or haven’t hooked up with. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as well as the body classification. To me, hot can come in many different shapes depending on how horny I am.

I am on my journey to lose 20 lbs, so far lost 6. Not sure which category I fit into. Maybe some day a hundred years from now I’ll see abs and be a Hot Body but my body temperature is 38c right now so technically I already have a hot body. LOL

Last edited:

AfterHours69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
So funny. Everyone has their own idea I guess. I think the term comes from someone who used to be more active and then gained a moderate amount of weight (perhaps because having kids make it harder to eat right and exercise as much…maybe more mentally exhausted, so they become sedentary). Kinda similar to what @LOVE_MMFs said.

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well look at it this way, losing 20 lbs would perhaps move you into a category closer to the abs showing category!!!

There so many confusing categories I see people label themselves:
Hot Body- is this a fit guy with a six pack or high body temperature?
Muscular - well I guess bulging muscles and nice tight ass
Fit- ok weight in proportion to height or right size dick for your ass?
Burly - I think a shorter guy with solid thick legs and body but not fat. Is this the same as Stocky? Your guess is good as mine.
Beefy - got me. Is it is the same as burly? Stocky? Fit?
Runners/Swimmers Body - hmmm I see a lot of all sizes running and swimming from skinny to obese. So what is it?
Dad Body - here we go catch all for out of shape guys of all ages. The tire around the middle maybe?
Overweight - not weight/height proportional I assume. Just plain fat?
Cubby- more than overweight, kind of jiggly body? A nice word for fat?
Fat- depends on the viewer/beholder
Beer Bellied - big bulging stomach not letting the person see their own dick when looking down and can’t tie shoes without grunting.
Bear- could be a burly or beefy or overweight hairy guy but more often a beer-bellied hairy beast of a nice guy. They tend to like camping, flannel shirts and colorful hankies and drink lots of beer. All sort of subcategories here: cub, otter, etc… I like otters - any near me want to hook up? Sorry saw an opportunity here.
Obese- extremely overweight guy that usually have rolls of loose jiggle fat that hangs from the body. Usually men over 275 lbs. I didn’t make this funny because usually these guys suffer from health issue to bad jokes. They struggle.

I am sure there are categories I missed or haven’t hooked up with. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as well as the body classification. To me, hot can come in many different shapes depending on how horny I am.

I am on my journey to lose 20 lbs, so far lost 6. Not sure which category I fit into. Maybe some day a hundred years from now I’ll see abs and be a Hot Body but my body temperature is 38c right now so technically I already have a hot body. LOL
Bro... you have no idea how much I appreciated reading that about obese people. That's a really rare moment of empathy for obese people. Thanks.

Reactions: Gj816 and diggita

Hakan1

Superior Member
Media
I was recently discussing “Dad bods” with someone and we were discussing whether or not I could use that description for myself.
What do you think? Is that a correct term or would “chub”, “heavyset” or something else? I have come to terms with my size and have embraced it. I am not ashamed or won’t be offended by your responses. I know there is a small group of people here who appreciate something other than a swimmers body

View attachment 68171621
View attachment 68171681
To me thats a dad bod

Reactions: diggita

BiShyGuy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
May I first say that I love a dad bod type. Like I think it’s super sexy because it’s natural and well-earned lol.

As to the former question: I’d say the Dad bod is displayed on a multitude of different frames.

To the op: I do believe yours is what I would call a classic bod type, much like some have described.

You look as if you’ve seen some gym/workout time or athletic training at some point in your life, although likely years and years ago - again, just as others have described.

Your dad bod bona fides are also reinforced with that body-hair that it seems you don’t bother to trim.

And those classic tighty-whities would be be enough to get you a nod, but the fact that you have them pulled up to the heavens firmly clears you for admittance to the fatherly form fold.

Let me put it another way with fewer words. You look damn hot, daddy. :cool: I was obviously teasing above but I think you look great my friend.

But as I said also said above, there are MANY dad bod types and yours is just one of them.