What finally made you decide to get boxers?

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in college. Somehow I got a rash on my thigh. Doctor said it was ringworm. He gave me an ointment to get rid of it, which it did, and suggested I switch to boxers, which I did. I've never looked back.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I was dating this guy who was wearing briefs all the time. I didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him briefs were a turn off so I never said anything. Years later we meet again and all of a sudden he's wearing steamy hot boxers.

I do wonder what's made him finally wear boxers. I'm guessing it's a girl who had the 'balls' to tell him to or his friends.

What made you decide boxers were what you should be wearing and not briefs? Anyone here had a girl tell you to get rid of those briefs?

Oh yeah, the question goes to guys who prefer boxers to briefs.

I think only women prefer boxers on men. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Briefs have the bulge--the thing that makes a man a man. Boxers are lame.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I came late to the boxers party. I used to hate boxers, but now I love them and won't wear any other kind of underwear. Here's how it happened.

I wore briefs from the time that I moved on from diapers as a toddler all through grade school and high school. Jockey made some really nice SLIM GUY briefs in the late '70s in a multitude of colors with white contrasting waistband and legbands. Jim Palmer, a baseball star, did many of the Jockey ads, and many young guys bought Jockey brand after seeing Jim in his Jockey briefs. I was very fit, and they looked smokin' hot on me. They felt good, too, for weight training, running, and racquetball. I pretty much wore them all day every day. I bought a few different boxers just for fun because my best friend wore them. I could never get into boxers because I didn't like my junk bouncing all around. Plus, I'd always pop boners when I wore boxers.

Fast forward to the mid '90s and the height of boxers popularity. So many guys at San Diego State wore boxers when I was in college, and they would always dress so you could see their boxers. I just could never see why they liked them. I'd wear them sometimes knowing that I'd be walking around campus with a hard on all day and wore boxers to be kinky. Still didn't like how they felt.

The thing that turned me in the mid 2000s was one day I saw a young guy at the gym who was wearing white mesh gym shorts with striped boxers. You could see the pattern of the stripes show through the mesh fabric. Korny, yet hot in an odd sort of way. Even better, you could plainly see the outline of his hanging dick moving around as he walked from one piece of equipment to the next. It was amazing how visible his dick was. When he layed spread eagle on the bench press, I about died. It was easy to follow the stripes as they curved around his dick head. It was so obvious, that it killed me not to stare. All of a sudden, I saw the sexy side of boxers. This guy knew what he was doing, and purposely dressed to flash everyone at the gym. It made me ferociously horny. I had mesh gym shorts at home. I had boxers at home. When I combined the 2, I love how my dick outline looked hanging in gym shorts instead of an undefined lump with briefs. So, I had a new found motivation to give boxers an honest chance. I liked how my dick showed in corduroy jeans and track pants as it hung down the right side. It was cool to catch people checking me out and I didn't feel the least bit embarrassed that they were looking at my dick. After a few weeks, I got used to hanging loose and knew that I could never go back. Now, I can't stand to wear briefs or even boxerbriefs. Loose feels better. I can deal with wearing cycling shorts when I ride my bike, but all other times, I can't handle anything snug. It's boxers or freeball for me.

San Diego Boxer Guy

I know guys work out in boxers under their gym shorts, and I think it's the stupidest look ever. NO BULGE at all. They should be jocked up or at least in briefs. Maybe you'll go back to briefs one day, man!

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
most women i know say if they unzip a guy or see him undress and nasty, baggy, bunched up wrinkled boxers are there they are disappointed compared to seeing a guy in nice fitted, (showing the assets properly) briefs or boxer-briefs.

Women who play sports but also want to be very attractive, (or perhaps even better said, are athletic minded in-shape types), are more likely to more often be found having the nicer-looking of sports bras to support what they got but also show they spent the time to find pairs that show off their nice breasts in a positive light, so they can look good or even hot in them sometimes while also having the right form-fitting support.

Similarly, more supportive fitting underwear on a man is sometimes viewed as indicative of athletic in-shape mindedness, as those who more often work out or play sports have to wear nice-looking compression shorts/underwear or jocks and will often carry these over to wearing similar briefs or boxer-briefs that look very good but also are right to provide proper support should they decide to go for an impromptu exercise run, or workout, or play in a pick-up game of some sport with buddies, etc.

yes! Yes! Yes!

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I do sometimes wear briefs for variety but usually wear boxers. At first I tried them out of curiosity, but couldn't wear them because with my dick hanging freely it felt like I had nothing on, making me hard. :) But eventually I found the free feeling very comfortable and natural.

I find this interesting though because women don't typically seem to like boxers, because they aren't as revealing. Why do you prefer them?

actually, I've heard just the opposite: that women prefer boxers. they think tightywhiteys esp are a turn off, tho' I don't know why.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree that briefs make a guy look ridiculous

I had been wearing boxer briefs for the longest while, but it got to the point where I had to replace them every three weeks or so (those stupid designer label boxer briefs kept developing holes in the crotch)

I sat down to watch "Jarhead", and during the scene where they had that make-believe homo orgy, running around in their olive drab boxers, I realized how attractive that look was. I then remembered that the set of boxers I had, stashed away in one drawer, I had owned and worn for a couple of thousand years, and still looked good.

I decided to make the change completely and permanently right there and then.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To actually buy your own underwear you have to be a metrosexual. Real men get theirs as Xmas and b'day gifts from gfs, moms, they are the fashion arbiters in this sphere orf sartorial masculinity.

Mouthfull

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With all due respect, Sergeant, I don't follow your reasoning. If you had no Mother, gf, etc., would you go commando all the time because you were incapable of buying underwear? I kind of like deciding what I'm going to wrap my genitals in. I'm just saying...

Last edited:

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
..yes, that's it, so I could feel my cock swing and beat around in my pants. Feels so good when that happens.

I remember once after a mind blowing fuck at the beach, when I dressed and went out, it felt like my balls were dragging the ground. I could feel the sensation because I was wearing boxers.

Love sexy white boxers. Love showing the waistband too.

Pull this cock out of my boxers and suck it..

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I asked to wear boxers like my did had when I was 11 or so. Wanted to wear the same kind of underwear he did, and not "little kids" underwear (briefs). that was the main reason I asked. then I realized they were a lot more comfortable and roomy as I was growing by then and loved hanging." BigmeatNJ

Like BigmeatNJ, I wanted to wear boxers like Dad wore.