What fitness level do you look for in a romantic partner?

Level of physical fitness you prefer, compared to yourself?

• Total voters

DexterMorgan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And even among athletes it can vary by sport and position. A hockey player vs. a basketball player will train and look differently. And an American football quarterback will look and train differently than a defenseman or a wide receiver.
Yes, exactly.....and even though they train towards different athletic goals, they would all be regarded as physically fit.

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
nobody seems to want to say 'somebody who will keep up with me in bed."

Maybe I'm shallow, but I don't wanna be worrying about a guy having a heart attack during sex or a women who can't quite manage to hold positions that she loves but hasn't the core to hold.

fitness matters to me - and while I don't expect anyone that I'm with to join me in my every workout and activity, a shared interest in staying healthy, strong, flexible and hot is a big plus.

As Chris Hitchens said "As you get older you discover that you don't HAVE a body, you ARE a body"...
"ask your Dr. if you are healthy enough for sex" - someone who has passed that test.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

OscarM

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not very fit myself, and I've only begun "taking care of myself" by going to the gym regularly over the past few years. I can only ask that my partner at least do the same (with similar amount of difficulty/efforts), and/or lead a healthy lifestyle.