What font do you use on your resume?

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Calibri

It was hard, but I condensed it to one page. I read somewhere that due to the tough economy and increased applicant pool, employers don't want to read more than a page. I used "more available on request" in a couple spots.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As a former Employment Coordinator in the HR field, the fonts that are easiest on the eyes are Ariel, Tahoma, and Century Gothic. No bigger than 12 pt or smaller than 9 pt. To really catch their interest, make no more than 5 bullet points on essential duties performed, especially if they are equivalent to the position you are applying for. Good luck :smile:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anyone think it's bad to leave off my address? I have a cool looking contact info header but I can't quite fit my address at a reasonable font size. Would it be weird if I just put what city/state I live in?

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone think it's bad to leave off my address? I have a cool looking contact info header but I can't quite fit my address at a reasonable font size. Would it be weird if I just put what city/state I live in?
I think it would be.
Nowhere near as important as it once was, but still expected, I would say.
Maybe others have other ... better informed ... ideas.

I use Big Caslon. It's sexy and sleek with just a little bit of old world charm and flair.

Where does it come from?
Did you download it?

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I think it would be strange not to include your address. You could include it in the covering letter if you really can't squeeze it into the resume.

I use Big Caslon. It's sexy and sleek with just a little bit of old world charm and flair.
An appropriate default font for LPSG? It has a certain ring.:cool:

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Found it here.
Lovely stuff.
Don't know if it would work in the relatively small font size usually used in a resume. But for anything else, it looks great. I often use Bookman Old Style, but I think I like Big Caslon better. Sleeker, as you say, but still with an authoritative feel.
I should listen to you more often.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Times New Roman, 11-12 point font. Black Ink, on an off white, cream colored paper.

I'd love to be like Hickie, make a big assed statement, but....alas.