Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As a young bottom, I was wondering what kinds of fragrance do tops like to smell? Do you prefer more masculine one, more feminine ones? I usually wear more masculine fragrances, but i'm starting to think that it might be turning off in the eyes of a top. What do y'all think?

WAP

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's no correlation between sexual position and fragrance in my mind. I wear masculine, feminine, and unisex fragrances and find any of the above can be attractive on a guy as well, regardless of what we do or don't do in the bedroom.

Obviously not wearing fragrance is the easiest option to avoid offending anyone's sense of smell, but if you're wanting to wear something, especially around someone you don't know well, then I'd go with something safer. I'd suggest trying to find a middle ground, something most likely marketed as unisex, to start out with if you're unsure what you like or what someone else will like. While they're typically considered more masculine I find perfumes with oud a little too overpowering for my taste, for instance. On the other hand, something overly floral can be cloying. Something citrusy or slightly gourmand (think vanilla) can strike a nice balance.

This all depends on the season as well. You would typically wear lighter scents in the spring and summer and heavier scents in the winter and fall.

If you really are trying to make an impression than I'd especially suggest looking for something unique. Things like Chanel Bleu or Dior Sauvage are so common that they won't be very memorable. A more summery scent I like is Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua. It's light and citrusy but still leans more masculine in my opinion.

TL;DR: Wear what you like and what makes you feel attractive, regardless of sexual position. Just because a guy tops doesn't mean he's going to like a particular type of fragrance more.

Reactions: Idontkno

Idontkno

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There's no correlation between sexual position and fragrance in my mind. I wear masculine, feminine, and unisex fragrances and find any of the above can be attractive on a guy as well, regardless of what we do or don't do in the bedroom.

Obviously not wearing fragrance is the easiest option to avoid offending anyone's sense of smell, but if you're wanting to wear something, especially around someone you don't know well, then I'd go with something safer. I'd suggest trying to find a middle ground, something most likely marketed as unisex, to start out with if you're unsure what you like or what someone else will like. While they're typically considered more masculine I find perfumes with oud a little too overpowering for my taste, for instance. On the other hand, something overly floral can be cloying. Something citrusy or slightly gourmand (think vanilla) can strike a nice balance.

This all depends on the season as well. You would typically wear lighter scents in the spring and summer and heavier scents in the winter and fall.

If you really are trying to make an impression than I'd especially suggest looking for something unique. Things like Chanel Bleu or Dior Sauvage are so common that they won't be very memorable. A more summery scent I like is Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua. It's light and citrusy but still leans more masculine in my opinion.

TL;DR: Wear what you like and what makes you feel attractive, regardless of sexual position. Just because a guy tops doesn't mean he's going to like a particular type of fragrance more.
Thank you so much for the response!

I usually have 2 perfumes, one for summer and one for winter. I use the Bvlgari Aqua Pour Home in the summer and the Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male in the winter. I love both of the fragrances, but there is this guy who I like and I wanted to make a good impression.

I dont feel very confident wearing more feminine fragrances, because I dont want some dumb people making comments, but I really wanted to try and wear one and see if he notices.

My mom just bought Calvin Klein's Euphoria and I might try wearing it one day if it isn't too strong.

Again, thank you so much for the response! I couldn't find anything about the topic on the internet.

Reactions: WAP