What Glamour magazine says about size

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Any thoughts on this article from the March 2009 edition of Glamour?

Why Size Actually Does Matter
Big, small, short, wide: how his package may effect your orgasm - Kaitlin Menza

Here's a study striking fear in men everywhere: Women who had "vaginal orgasms" without extra clitoral stimulation - were more likely to prefer penises 5.7 inches and longer. "The study suggests that the axiom "size matters" may be true for some women," says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D., author of Because It Feels Good. Other research hints at why: A longer penis may hit the vagus nerve, near the cervix, which can trigger orgasm. Glamour readers agreed that size can count. "One guy was so small I couldn't even feel it," a 23-year-old says. But bigger isn't always better, notes another woman: "One guy was 11 inches - it felt like I was being ripped in half!" In fact, say sex therapist Sara Nasserzadeh, Ph.D., more women complain to her about pain with well-endowed guys than gripe about small penises. So, how to love whatever your guy's got? If he's smaller, doggy-style can stimulate your G-spot. If he's big, woman-on-top can give you more control. Bottom line, as one reader put it: "If he knows how to use what he's been given - hands and mouth, too - and wants to please, any size works."

Quotes, presumably from readers:

"I find the middle of the size spectrum to be ideal, but if I had to choose an extreme, I would personally rather have a smaller dude than a freakishly huge one." - K.M. 28

"Penis size is not the most important thing at all! I mean, I don't want a guy with a micro thing, but hand placement during sex is much more key for me." - L.H. 22

"I used to be a 7.5 inches or more girl - if I saw a bulge smaller than that, I'd run. Then I met a guy who had a little penis but made up for it with wild sexual tendencies." - L.S. 25

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For some women it's about length, for some it's about girth, and for others yet it can be about both or neither.

In fact, say sex therapist Sara Nasserzadeh, Ph.D., more women complain to her about pain with well-endowed guys than gripe about small penises.
This was interesting and predictable at the same time.
1. It's rare to hurt a man's feelings by saying he's hung, not so with the opposite.
2. Physical pain seems a more legitimate complaint than dissatisfaction.

My theory is that because most people want to be "approved of" even by their therapists, that they're more likely to discuss something that gains them sympathy (pain) without giving insult (wee pene) than discussing something that risks them being labelled a critical bitch.

Charlie14

Just Browsing
Media
I have a theory of why women prefer longer penises.. even if they aren't very thick.

They say that only the entrance of the vagina has any nerve endings.. but think of it like this.. the entire orifice inside the woman is like a tube sock.. if you stretch the tube sock vertically (by the longer penis reaching the end of the vagina) rather than the circumference you are still creating more surface area and therefore increasing the sensitivity of the opening of the vagina -- the "stretch". The stretch is creating more surface area and therefore making the womans entire sex organ more sensitive.

Last edited:

4herplsr

1st Like
Media
Sensitivity is defined as the number of touch receptors per area. Increasing the area by stretching the tissue is not going to change the number of receptors.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But bigger isn't always better, notes another woman: "One guy was 11 inches - it felt like I was being ripped in half!" In fact, say sex therapist Sara Nasserzadeh, Ph.D., more women complain to her about pain with well-endowed guys than gripe about small penises.

we post this shit all the time here.
...and get called liars.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we post this shit all the time here.
...and get called liars.

That's 'cause no beeyatch has ever not loved all 10.5 of my inches. Any ho who denies that my 11 inch baton hasn't given them greater pleasure than the flimsy toothpicks their husbands and boyfriends are packing is a lying sack.

I have a 13 month waiting list of chicks who pay big dollar to suck or get fucked by my 12 inch rod. And I make every last one of them squirt. You should see my ceiling.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's 'cause no beeyatch has ever not loved all 10.5 of my inches. Any ho who denies that my 11 inch baton hasn't given them greater pleasure than the flimsy toothpicks their husbands and boyfriends are packing is a lying sack.

I have a 13 month waiting list of chicks who pay big dollar to suck or get fucked by my 12 inch rod. And I make every last one of them squirt. You should see my ceiling.
take me! take me now, big boy!!

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
is that a synthetic a priori judgment?

Nope, it's solely based on my a posteriori experience. Unless you considers a priori knowledge transcendental - or like Kant claims synthetic a priori judgments - but Kant is not really my favourite...

But then this could turn out to be a topic for fallibilism (always room for Karl Popper)

Last edited:

Alexanddan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Any thoughts on this article from the March 2009 edition of Glamour?

Why Size Actually Does Matter
Big, small, short, wide: how his package may effect your orgasm - Kaitlin Menza

Here's a study striking fear in men everywhere: Women who had "vaginal orgasms" without extra clitoral stimulation - were more likely to prefer penises 5.7 inches and longer. "The study suggests that the axiom "size matters" may be true for some women," says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D., author of Because It Feels Good. Other research hints at why: A longer penis may hit the vagus nerve, near the cervix, which can trigger orgasm. Glamour readers agreed that size can count. "One guy was so small I couldn't even feel it," a 23-year-old says. But bigger isn't always better, notes another woman: "One guy was 11 inches - it felt like I was being ripped in half!" In fact, say sex therapist Sara Nasserzadeh, Ph.D., more women complain to her about pain with well-endowed guys than gripe about small penises. So, how to love whatever your guy's got? If he's smaller, doggy-style can stimulate your G-spot. If he's big, woman-on-top can give you more control. Bottom line, as one reader put it: "If he knows how to use what he's been given - hands and mouth, too - and wants to please, any size works."

Quotes, presumably from readers:

"I find the middle of the size spectrum to be ideal, but if I had to choose an extreme, I would personally rather have a smaller dude than a freakishly huge one." - K.M. 28

"Penis size is not the most important thing at all! I mean, I don't want a guy with a micro thing, but hand placement during sex is much more key for me." - L.H. 22

"I used to be a 7.5 inches or more girl - if I saw a bulge smaller than that, I'd run. Then I met a guy who had a little penis but made up for it with wild sexual tendencies." - L.S. 25

I like your avatar!

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay